BANGING THE DRUM FOR LEEDS

So many moans in the RL express about the boys in the band at Leeds mostly from people who just watch the game on sky by the looks of it.

As a Southstander for close on  60 years can I say it does not bother me despite been only about 30 feet away from them and having good hearing  .

Mind you actually been at the ground I don't need to listen to a commentary team to tell me what's happening as I can see it for myself which it appears people watching on sky for some reason are unable to do . its really rather strange people cant actually follow the game on TV without the sound been full on  as I don't seem to have a problem well other than far to many replays to try and find faults to moan about which means missing some of the action .

29 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

So many moans in the RL express about the boys in the band at Leeds mostly from people who just watch the game on sky by the looks of it.

As a Southstander for close on  60 years can I say it does not bother me despite been only about 30 feet away from them and having good hearing  .

Mind you actually been at the ground I don't need to listen to a commentary team to tell me what's happening as I can see it for myself which it appears people watching on sky for some reason are unable to do . its really rather strange people cant actually follow the game on TV without the sound been full on  as I don't seem to have a problem well other than far to many replays to try and find faults to moan about which means missing some of the action .

bands don't bother me

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Good grief , some people are not great officianadoes of the game and when it is on TV may need a little bit of help understanding the game without having the commentary drowned out by the awful racket the "Leeds Band*" make. Also some people who understand the game may like to hear the opinions of the people who are commentating as they actually do have more information than a lot of the idiots who watch via their one eyed goggles.

Basically your are "------"**

*This is an insult to musicians to call them a band.

**Fill in your own insult.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 minutes ago, Padge said:

Good grief , some people are not great officianadoes of the game and when it is on TV may need a little bit of help understanding the game without having the commentary drowned out by the awful racket the "Leeds Band*" make. Also some people who understand the game may like to hear the opinions of the people who are commentating as they actually do have more information than a lot of the idiots who watch via their one eyed goggles.

Basically your are "------"**

*This is an insult to musicians to call them a band.

**Fill in your own insult.

I would not have thought many of those people bought the rugby league express every week .

either way there staying as the security in the south stand actually reserves the place for them in the stand 

A drum or indeed. Cowbell is fine if played sensibly, and to either start a song or to keep a beat going, it's when it's just constantly hit that's the problem.

I have the same issues at our games with the cowbells, they are awful if they're just getting hit.

The likes of Wigan, Warrington, Leeds, etc with a drum sounds terrible especially when there's no singing to accompany it, it sounds like a neighbour doing DIY!

18 minutes ago, meast said:

A drum or indeed. Cowbell is fine if played sensibly, and to either start a song or to keep a beat going, it's when it's just constantly hit that's the problem.

I have the same issues at our games with the cowbells, they are awful if they're just getting hit.

The likes of Wigan, Warrington, Leeds, etc with a drum sounds terrible especially when there's no singing to accompany it, it sounds like a neighbour doing DIY!

I think we've agreed that the drumming should be an occasional sound to get a song going and build atmosphere. 

Dozens of posts have said that the noise at Leeds ruins the enjoyment of the game. If it also puts people off watching on telly then you know it needs to be looked at.

3 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I'm going to try to move back over to the north stand next year ,I dont mind the drum from there 

Why do you need to "try"? Is there some sort of masonic type vetting process to undertake before you can sit there?

Well I will apply and ask if there are any north stand seats available.  I've been out of the country for 10 years so I had to go on a waiting list  even for a seat in the SS . Not Masonic. At all . Hope that explains things 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

13 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Maybe we should stick the drummer and the cowbell man in a soundproofed room and let them bang away to their hearts content, really get it out of their systems, or until they go mad!

?

Will there be just the two of them?

I was just wondering...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

A Hull FC fan on facebook posted that he was going to ask the relevant authorities if he could bring a drum into the KCOM.

An avalanche of not very polite replies from fellow Hull fans suggested what he do with his drum with plenty of offers to help him shove it where there is a lack of sunlight.

I remember when Wire first moved to the HJ, they moved the lads with drums away from the commentary gantry over more towards the side. Seemed a reasonable compromise so as not to ruin anything for anybody.

I feel there is always a compromise on stuff like this.

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I feel there is always a compromise on stuff like this.

image.jpeg.b6757fccaf266dc25790f3d707bddb99.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Maybe we should stick the drummer and the cowbell man in a soundproofed room and let them bang away to their hearts content, really get it out of their systems, or until they go mad!

Already gone mad, why else would one want to go to RL match knowing full well (or maybe they just don't) that the majority of those in attendance or even those who tune in do not appreciate the din they make, I can imagine when leaving home the drummer saying to his mother- surely whatever age he is he still lives with his mum - have you seen my drum sticks, I don't know where I've put them.

wernt too bad with one cowbell,but soon as people made a fuss there seems to be two folks bashing away now making an almighty racket with an extra cowbell,leeds just need some more practice along side a m62.:kolobok_popcorm1:

There are two problems with this - the acoustics of the new South Stand have been quite expensively worked out so that the sound from the centre is retained as best it can be. And they've moved the TV gantry from above the roof to below it, directly above the centre of the noise.

I've grown used to the drum now so don't really mind it but I have to admit that when we were seated in the South Stand upper level earlier this season before the North Stand was open, even though we were towards the eastern end it was moderately annoying that close up.

I stood in the South Stand for around a decade, after me and my brother graduated from the end terraces in 1992 until about 2002 when a seat became free next to my dad in the North Stand. I'm therefore inevitably biased towards the days when the people in the stand dictated what was being sung rather than the band. But I don't imagine they are going anywhere.

Surely TV have the technology to tune/filter in or tune/filter out noise - even at its basics of frequencies.... so it should never be a problem for TV commentary. They can add in the other streams to suit at what ever level they wise...  It would be easy to filter out a drum for example

On 01/09/2019 at 07:24, fieldofclothofgold said:

I've been out of the country for 10 years so I had to go on a waiting list  even for a seat in the SS . Not Masonic. At all .

Though possibly a little more right wing.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived