BANGING THE DRUM FOR LEEDS

16 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Though possibly a little more right wing.

When I used to stand in the SS from the top I never saw Alan Smith score in that right corner.  My two favourite Leeds wingers Atky Left Smithy Right .Dont know their political stance . Me ? I was heartened today at the bashing the PM was getting 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 21:49, M j M said:

There are two problems with this - the acoustics of the new South Stand have been quite expensively worked out so that the sound from the centre is retained as best it can be. And they've moved the TV gantry from above the roof to below it, directly above the centre of the noise.

I've grown used to the drum now so don't really mind it but I have to admit that when we were seated in the South Stand upper level earlier this season before the North Stand was open, even though we were towards the eastern end it was moderately annoying that close up.

I stood in the South Stand for around a decade, after me and my brother graduated from the end terraces in 1992 until about 2002 when a seat became free next to my dad in the North Stand. I'm therefore inevitably biased towards the days when the people in the stand dictated what was being sung rather than the band. But I don't imagine they are going anywhere.

That's more or less what happened at Huddersfield, the new media platform built for Town's brief visit to the Premier league is literally built on the rows behind where the noisy lot are situated, before, they were up in the roof, now they are just behind, which exacerbates the sound of the cowbells' high decibels, the sound of a cowbell wasn't an issue before the new platform was erected, and while the band at Leeds have always been awful, it's just more audible now and they sound even worse!

29 minutes ago, meast said:

That's more or less what happened at Huddersfield, the new media platform built for Town's brief visit to the Premier league is literally built on the rows behind where the noisy lot are situated, before, they were up in the roof, now they are just behind, which exacerbates the sound of the cowbells' high decibels, the sound of a cowbell wasn't an issue before the new platform was erected, and while the band at Leeds have always been awful, it's just more audible now and they sound even worse!

The difference between the two is that the band at Leeds can be heard so clearly because the band are loud. The cowbell at Huddersfield can be heard so clearly because the crowd are quiet.

20 hours ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

When I used to stand in the SS from the top I never saw Alan Smith score in that right corner.  My two favourite Leeds wingers Atky Left Smithy Right .Dont know their political stance . Me ? I was heartened today at the bashing the PM was getting 

Oh that SS?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived