Relegated

Barroooww

With relegation now confirmed we can bury what has been a majorly disappointing season. Yes there has been a lot of disruption to the team in terms of players being injured for long periods and not being able to play the same 17 until half way through the season. But we now rebuild and go again, I expect a lot of lads to move on to other clubs or even retire and it’s up to the club to replace those lost which I’m sure we will. Hopefully we can bounce straight back up at the first time of asking and give it another go with lessons learnt from this year. I’m sure crowds won’t be affected too much especially if we can put out a very competitive side and rack up some wins. A bonus next year is that we at least get our local derby back. The season isn’t quite over yet in terms of matches to play and lets hope we can end on at least a high and do a league double over batley?

UTR

Not the season any of us wanted but time to move on and rebuild, hopefully get promotion at first time of asking especially with New York heading in in 2021. Recruitment is vital this year I feel our pack hasn't been mobile enough & our defence has been absolutely atrocious for large parts of the season hopefully both can be fixed in the off season. Onwards and upwards! 

Safe to say with the squad we had this year we have underachieved. Should have been around the 8th/9th place which would have been a steady improvement over the previous season.

Yes theres been a lot of injuries but this isn't the reason things have gone badly. Ball in hand things have been way to predictable and defence has been poor.

Will be interesting to see which players stick around for league 1. Personally think it's time for a new coach, Cresta has been great for the club however I think hes taken things as far as he can now and fresh ideas are needed. It wont be easy getting out of league 1 straight away but it needs to happen.

Sad to see you go Barra, but you can at least go out with a bang and a big score next week!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, RAIDERSRUS said:

Safe to say with the squad we had this year we have underachieved. Should have been around the 8th/9th place which would have been a steady improvement over the previous season.

Yes theres been a lot of injuries but this isn't the reason things have gone badly. Ball in hand things have been way to predictable and defence has been poor.

Will be interesting to see which players stick around for league 1. Personally think it's time for a new coach, Cresta has been great for the club however I think hes taken things as far as he can now and fresh ideas are needed. It wont be easy getting out of league 1 straight away but it needs to happen.

Nail on the head. 

I'm sad to see you get relegated as we have always enjoyed games against you, and your connections with our old and new grounds are still remembered by a few of us.

A great club with a proper RL ground and very knowledgable, welcoming fans. i hope that you bounce back quickly.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, RAIDERSRUS said:

Totally agree with this. Change of coach required.....

3 minutes ago, Plan of Attack said:

What a surprize the majority of the Cresta out teams have bothered to post on this forum ,30 times . this shows either they are young and new or bandwagon jumpers, there is an odd exception but not many

I don't fall in to either of those categories I thought cresta should have gone when we went on a massive losing streak. So what if a young fan wants rid of cresta they're the future of this club and we can't turn them off by having poor discipline poor defending and poor coached sides on the park 

23 minutes ago, Plan of Attack said:

What a surprize the majority of the Cresta out teams have bothered to post on this forum ,30 times . this shows either they are young and new or bandwagon jumpers, there is an odd exception but not many

I'm neither sorry. Like I say hes been good for the club, but personally think it's time for a change, things have gone stale. 

Scrum half hit the nail on the head the players were not up to championship  standard & the board should of changed coach to halt the poor run of form. They lacked ambition & if they go with Paul Crarey next season it will prove it . 

17 hours ago, Plan of Attack said:

Oh change the record. It's been shocking. Am not doubting one bit Crarey loves the club, but it's time for a change. Fresh ideas needed, we have to bounce back up next season. Simple

I agree a fresh coach is probably what’s required to liven the place up and give the players a bit of a kick up the backside aswell as it seems some of them may have got complacent under him. On the other hand though cresta knows the division well and without the Toronto distraction this time round I don’t see why we can’t go straight back up first time of asking.

Hard decision for the board but they know what goes behind the scenes the supporters only have rumors and results to assess the season that’s why people are asking for another coach .I will support the board and Coach whoever it  maybe .

For me Cresta is the man to get us bouncing back to the Championship. With Steve Neale at the helm. For me they are the men who will gave the club stability.

However, in the spirit of discussion on this thread I will throw another name in the ring.

Scott Naylor. He has announced that he wants a change of direction. He knows the players who might be available if required and he is very highly thought of.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

For me Cresta is the man to get us bouncing back to the Championship. With Steve Neale at the helm. For me they are the men who will gave the club stability.

However, in the spirit of discussion on this thread I will throw another name in the ring.

Scott Naylor. He has announced that he wants a change of direction. He knows the players who might be available if required and he is very highly thought of.

Good coach but he has a much bigger pool to pick from in the oldham M62 catchment area.

Thats always been an issue with costs and player recruitment. We have the A595 corridor

Its finding a blend of cumbrians (as in living in cumbria) plus I would assume 4/5 travelling lads from lancashire... plus whatever is worth promoting from the 19s alongside Ford.

With Haven going up most likely I would see if the more south lakelend contingent of kelly,wilkinson and dowsett were interested

Plus if you put feelers out for Singleton, Marwood and Bolton from Workington.. would also say Walsh but I think Ford fills that gap.

That could replace some of the inevitable exedous and also cut costs on paying travelljng fees/petrol monies or higher salaries?

They have all shown they can handle league 1. 

1. Bolton -Askam/Town

2. Ford -Walney

3. Singleton -Barrow Island/Town

4.Star Amean

5. S Toal - Ulv

6. Spend salary cap - would love to see ritson play there.

7. Marwood... Barrow Island/Town although more a 9 i know

8. Spend Salary Cap

9.Dowsett - Askam/Haven

10.E Kelly- Millom/Haven

11. D Toal - Ulv

12. J Smith

13. Wilkinson Ulv/Haven

14.Crellin -millom

15. T Hopkins -Askam/BARLA 

16.C.Tyrell (if interested) Millom/St H trial

17. Puara

18. Saunders - ulv/BARLA

Then Ideally Joe Bullock for half the season post knee op would be ideal 

Plus blood another 3/4 under 19s and spend the rest of the salary cap on the two biggest front rowers you could afford.

Think Ritson Riley Stack amd Walker will all be back up the coast 

Susino is off, but couldnt expect less.

Starts looking promising than some of the poorer signings (in my opinion from what ive seen)

Loxham

Duffy

Charnock

Hulme

Spedding

Could all go for me

Dallimore ... brilliant one week. Awful the next... no idea what I would do as coach or chairman for him

51 minutes ago, B4RR0W said:

Good coach but he has a much bigger pool to pick from in the oldham M62 catchment area.

Thats always been an issue with costs and player recruitment. We have the A595 corridor

Its finding a blend of cumbrians (as in living in cumbria) plus I would assume 4/5 travelling lads from lancashire... plus whatever is worth promoting from the 19s alongside Ford.

With Haven going up most likely I would see if the more south lakelend contingent of kelly,wilkinson and dowsett were interested

Plus if you put feelers out for Singleton, Marwood and Bolton from Workington.. would also say Walsh but I think Ford fills that gap.

That could replace some of the inevitable exedous and also cut costs on paying travelljng fees/petrol monies or higher salaries?

They have all shown they can handle league 1. 

1. Bolton -Askam/Town

2. Ford -Walney

3. Singleton -Barrow Island/Town

4.Star Amean

5. S Toal - Ulv

6. Spend salary cap - would love to see ritson play there.

7. Marwood... Barrow Island/Town although more a 9 i know

8. Spend Salary Cap

9.Dowsett - Askam/Haven

10.E Kelly- Millom/Haven

11. D Toal - Ulv

12. J Smith

13. Wilkinson Ulv/Haven

14.Crellin -millom

15. T Hopkins -Askam/BARLA 

16.C.Tyrell (if interested) Millom/St H trial

17. Puara

18. Saunders - ulv/BARLA

Then Ideally Joe Bullock for half the season post knee op would be ideal 

Plus blood another 3/4 under 19s and spend the rest of the salary cap on the two biggest front rowers you could afford.

Think Ritson Riley Stack amd Walker will all be back up the coast 

Susino is off, but couldnt expect less.

Starts looking promising than some of the poorer signings (in my opinion from what ive seen)

Loxham

Duffy

Charnock

Hulme

Spedding

Could all go for me

Dallimore ... brilliant one week. Awful the next... no idea what I would do as coach or chairman for him

I don't think you'd get Jono Smith travelling up here by himself which he pretty much would have too with that squad. 

Perry Singleton is a prop not a centre and Blain Marwood is an out and out 9. 

I think having Bullock for 6 months is ambitious. He made the England Knights squad before his injury and is one of the 1st forwards on the team sheet. He won't be back anytime soon. 

I agree with the sentiment of your squad though. I'd give Carter and Johnston a decent run at CC1 level develop them. 

Hopefully we can retain the PNG players, I think Star and Watts have been very good and have been some of the better players this year. 

Shame about Susino but no one can blame him, he's given everything and deserves most the awards this year. If everyone gave the effort he does we wouldn't be in this situation. 

Also you have missed off Luke Cresswell who I think has been superb since coming back. 

28 minutes ago, RSN said:

I think having Bullock for 6 months is ambitious. He made the England Knights squad before his injury and is one of the 1st forwards on the team sheet. He won't be back anytime soon. 

I agree with the sentiment of your squad though. I'd give Carter and Johnston a decent run at CC1 level develop them. 

Hopefully we can retain the PNG players, I think Star and Watts have been very good and have been some of the better players this year. 

Shame about Susino but no one can blame him, he's given everything and deserves most the awards this year. If everyone gave the effort he does we wouldn't be in this situation. 

Also you have missed off Luke Cresswell who I think has been superb since coming back. 

I'd certainly keep Cross as well out of this years squad he hasn't put a foot wrong

14 hours ago, RSN said:

Totally agree with cresswell. Forgot about him and Carter. 

I thought Johnstone had left.my bad

Brad is a Prop at leeds. Perry is his brother. The centre at town.

5 hours ago, B4RR0W said:

Totally agree with cresswell. Forgot about him and Carter. 

I thought Johnstone had left.my bad

Brad is a Prop at leeds. Perry is his brother. The centre at town.

I haven't seen Perry play at Workington but I'm sure he was always a prop at Barrow Island, I thought he would be too slow at centre although you are right he has been playing centre. Maybe Town fans can comment how he has done there. 

Singleton as never played prop for barrow island loose forward or center,as for marwood seen him play hooker,half and full back for barrow island and Cumbria. I would definitely go for them,also Wilkinson at haven can't understand why barrow never gave these lads a go first.

29 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Singleton as never played prop for barrow island loose forward or center,as for marwood seen him play hooker,half and full back for barrow island and Cumbria. I would definitely go for them,also Wilkinson at haven can't understand why barrow never gave these lads a go first.

Wilkinson and dowsett have signed 2 year deals at haven Ethan Kelly was only signed till the end if the season hopefully he'll re-sign for next season

31 minutes ago, Town utd said:

I find it Strange that a town supporter is saying the raiders should sign there players ?‍♂️ 

Archived