Challenge Cup Final 2020

Okay, I'm going to a slight praise of the RFL here.

Because, any stalkers among you might recall, one of my complaints about this year's 'promotion' was that, at no point, did I get any communication from the RFL despite being a signed up member of OurLeague and a previous event ticket purchaser - who has made sure to tick the boxes to say he can be contacted again.

Just checked my Inbox and I have a pretty professional looking email for next year's match that follows the same format as other decent event emails I've had from other places. Promotes the event, makes it sound like a great day out, finds a couple of esoteric things that make it unique ... and signs me up for registration for more info.

So, I'm pleased to see it all. It looks good and it comes across as very positive.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Because, any stalkers among you might recall, one of my complaints about this year's 'promotion' was that, at no point, did I get any communication from the RFL despite being a signed up member of OurLeague and a previous event ticket purchaser - who has made sure to tick the boxes to say he can be contacted again.

Just checked my Inbox and I have a pretty professional looking email for next year's match that follows the same format as other decent event emails I've had from other places. Promotes the event, makes it sound like a great day out, finds a couple of esoteric things that make it unique ... and signs me up for registration for more info.

So, I'm pleased to see it all. It looks good and it comes across as very positive.

Can’t buy a ticket for the event tho can you even tho we know when and where it is taking place!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

20 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Can’t buy a ticket for the event tho can you even tho we know when and where it is taking place!

That's because they are redesiging the ticketing platform, will be available in October. Not a bad thing if it fixes the issues around blocks being sold, unsold, sold etc which irritated quite a few people.

8 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

No, you can't.

But I don't have a problem with that so much when I'm actually getting some marketing (whoop) and what I'm getting also does a decent job of raising anticipation in the event and is effective at registering interest.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Dear RFL,

I'm delighted that you are making changes to the ticketing/marketing of the Coral 2020 Challenge Cup Final. Please,please,stop lying about tickets you claim to have sold.They are sold when they are paid for,not when you give them away and hope that a third party can sell them for you,only for them to be returned two days before the final.

I look forward to learning more of your marketing strategy,which hopefully is more professional,than merely sending an e-mail,saying final chance to buy a ticket or final reduction in price.Try selling tickets to people who are not already on your mailing list.

Who is your Marketing Director,what is his proposed strategy for marketing the event? Frankly,what the hell does he do?

16 hours ago, gingerjon said:

What I am reading here is that you have finally managed to get yourself on the RFL mailing list and are pleasantly surprised that they send quite nice emails that we have all been receiving for years. Yes?

:kolobok_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

What I am reading here is that you have finally managed to get yourself on the RFL mailing list and are pleasantly surprised that they send quite nice emails that we have all been receiving for years. Yes?

:kolobok_biggrin:

Cheeky wotsit.

Not added myself to anything new but also impressed by what I received. It compared well with an equivalent email from the Oval about their internationals for next year which was woeful.

11 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Cheeky wotsit.

Not added myself to anything new but also impressed by what I received. It compared well with an equivalent email from the Oval about their internationals for next year which was woeful.

The stuff they send is always nice enough, I agree. I actually think they do plenty of nice things, it is probably the overall strategic approach that is lacking.

8 hours ago, cookey said:

Dear RFL,

I'm delighted that you are making changes to the ticketing/marketing of the Coral 2020 Challenge Cup Final. Please,please,stop lying about tickets you claim to have sold.They are sold when they are paid for,not when you give them away and hope that a third party can sell them for you,only for them to be returned two days before the final.

I look forward to learning more of your marketing strategy,which hopefully is more professional,than merely sending an e-mail,saying final chance to buy a ticket or final reduction in price.Try selling tickets to people who are not already on your mailing list.

Who is your Marketing Director,what is his proposed strategy for marketing the event? Frankly,what the hell does he do?

Good job you've not actually sent that to the RFL, for if you had, they might have consigned it to its proper place.  

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Good job you've not actually sent that to the RFL, for if you had, they might have consigned it to its proper place.  

Yes God forbid they actually listen to the major stakeholders in the game, the fans, and that anyone actually tries to hold them to account.

The RFL are generally pretty good at emailing this kind of information and offers to their mailing list just after the Challenge Cup Final. The trouble is it all goes awry for the remaining 10 month's of the year and they make little attempt to engage with anyone outside that mailing list.

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

The RFL are generally pretty good at emailing this kind of information and offers to their mailing list just after the Challenge Cup Final. The trouble is it all goes awry for the remaining 10 month's of the year and they make little attempt to engage with anyone outside that mailing list.

Agree with your point about outside the mailing list - that is the biggest shortcoming imo, but I get rucks of communication from the RFL about the Challenge Cup each year.

17 hours ago, Damien said:

Yes God forbid they actually listen to the major stakeholders in the game, the fans, and that anyone actually tries to hold them to account.

They might well listen if what they have to listen to is not so abusive.   Indeed they might well listen. Have you tried talking to them,  or writing to them?

14 minutes ago, JohnM said:

They might well listen if what they have to listen to is not so abusive.   Indeed they might well listen. Have you tried talking to them,  or writing to them?

Actually I have and I have never been abusive either. I have never received a reply. I have also filled out every survey I have ever received, never received any engagement or follow up from them either.

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 18:00, gingerjon said:

low hanging fruit is easy to reach.

1 minute ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

low hanging fruit is easy to reach.

And yet, and I know it's anecdote not data, I'm about the lowest fruit there is (he says, wondering if that's a euphemism for something) and yet I've had nowt from the RFL for the past couple of years.

14 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

And yet, and I know it's anecdote not data, I'm about the lowest fruit there is (he says, wondering if that's a euphemism for something) and yet I've hadyou're  nowt from the RFL for the past couple of years.

Which goes to prove how dire they are, I get emails but it doesn't prompt me to want to go to x event, it's wasted on me.

In the Super League Show on BBC, the suggestion was made that the cup finalists poor showing this week was due to "Tiredness" (Hungover), and that in future they should get the week after, off. I am sorry, but are these professionals? I thought it was only the amateurs that had the attitude "Win or Lose, we'll have a booze". Let them have the week after off, they still would have three league games to play. Friday, Wednesday, Sunday in 10 days, then they will be moaning again that there is too much pressure at the end of the season. Robinson can make as many excuses as he wants, but if players can't just have a couple of beers (or there usual post LEAGUE match routine), then they have a problem.

The alternative is do like Salford do every year, and get knocked out as soon as possible. Salford have not been to Wembley since 1968, and don't care.

4 hours ago, Damien said:

Actually I have and I have never been abusive either. I have never received a reply. I have also filled out every survey I have ever received, never received any engagement or follow up from them either.

An example we might all follow.

Archived