Position advice

Aa_rugby

Hi

I've grown up playing union....had a few years out and now there is a league club close to where I live ...just want some advice on where people think I may fit best for my size 180 cm tall was 18 stone when playing union and always had good mobility with that ...trimmed down to 17 st 4 lbs now  ..always played prop/ hooker in union....where would should I be looking for my league position with that sort of build cheers 

Hello and welcome. 

I wouldn't rule out any position but two immediately spring to mind 

The first is that you obviously have the weight to play prop. 

Secondly, as you are mobile then second row is a possibility. You don't need the height that you do in Union. 

As for hooker you are probably too big weight wise... in RL they tend to be smaller than in RU....it's a completely different position and you play more like a scrum half. 

The main thing is that you join your local team and find out for yourself what a great game RL is. I'm sure they will find you the best position to play in.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

18 hours ago, Aa_rugby said:

Hi

I've grown up playing union....had a few years out and now there is a league club close to where I live ...just want some advice on where people think I may fit best for my size 180 cm tall was 18 stone when playing union and always had good mobility with that ...trimmed down to 17 st 4 lbs now  ..always played prop/ hooker in union....where would should I be looking for my league position with that sort of build cheers 

Don’t get set on a position.  If you can, then try a few.  Realistically the club might want you in a position they’re short in, or, one that they just need to fill.

Ive know some big guys played on the wing and some relatively small guys play in the forwards.  Just depends on your skills, ability to learn and fitness, but either way, just get the boots on and enjoy it!

Archived