Catalans Record Crowds

audois

In 2019 home crowds 143,234 averaging 10,254. First time I think into five figures

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

2 minutes ago, SL17 said:

They are in a sustainable posistion. You are years away from following suit. Would you like me to wave a flag..

I don't know how long they have been around...I'll take your word on it....say 10 years.

Are you saying it will take ten years for the Wolfpack to get an average of 10 000 fans out when they are playing in SL?

Thats unbelievable...I'm aghast....you have no ideas of the situation on the ground over here if you actually believe that.

11 minutes ago, SL17 said:

20 years to become sustainable if you get going now.. I wont be here, but good luck..

Nope, you are just going to have to stick around to see it.  Sorry but thats the way it is.

22 minutes ago, SL17 said:

3Ok on FB live..

No 30 k PLUS 1.  You forgot to include yourself....you are indeed a selfless man...gotta start looking after yourself first sometimes...you can listen to the game too instead of constantly being out there on the street encouraging others to follow the Wolfpack club.   We will forgive you this one little indiscretion this time....keep up the good work!

Would be great if they can top 10k next season; with the five regulars and TWP (if they go up) doing the same it would mean > 50% of SL averaging five figures, which would be superb.  

That said expansion is the ruin of English rugby league and we’d be much better off with Rochdale and Dewsbury in SL ? 

8 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Good to see that the usual suspects have changed this into a b*tchfest.

Congratulations Catalans. It's a shame it's not coming together on the field, but that won't change until their recruitment policy does.

Not going that great this season but if you look at their achievements whilst they've been in:

Got crowds into 5 figure average. 

Been consistently competitive through all their time in SL. 

Won the challenge cup last year. 

Got a 30k crowd at Barcelona. 

Theyre all fantastic achievements, they've been nothing but a success story which even the most negative fan can justifiably claim (although some might try) 

Hopefully Toronto do the same which will only improve the game overall in the next 10 years. 

6 hours ago, RSN said:

Not going that great this season but if you look at their achievements whilst they've been in:

Got crowds into 5 figure average. 

Been consistently competitive through all their time in SL. 

Won the challenge cup last year. 

Got a 30k crowd at Barcelona. 

Theyre all fantastic achievements, they've been nothing but a success story which even the most negative fan can justifiably claim (although some might try) 

Hopefully Toronto do the same which will only improve the game overall in the next 10 years. 

The 30k + crowd at the Nou Camp was absolutely phenomenal when you think about how many neutrals went, and how many of them would never have heard of Rugby League before. 

22 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Its great to see a non heartland club averaging 5 figures.

I agree it's great to see Les Dracs averaging five figures, even if any statistician would offer a cautionary warning about interpretation of figures, and the relative merits of means, medians and modes!

I am intrigued to see them described as 'non-heartland'.  How long must TGG be played in an area, including at professional level, before it is called a 'heartland'?  There is no right or wrong answer to that, I suppose, but I consider Perpignan to be 'heartland' in a way that, say, Coventry or Toronto are not, because it has a continuous tradition of playing RL since about 1934-35.  That's about four generations - long enough for me!

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

Just read in the paper mc namara will get a contract extension in the next few weeks, he's contracted until 2020 and will be offered a year or two extension 

I think he has done a great job there regardless of their current form.

Granted they didn't have the season they expected.

Can’t really see why they wouldn’t give McNamara a deal really. 

Their recruitment has been poor or at the very least, questionable, but that’s something that predates McNamara’s arrival, so he can’t be solely responsible for that. 

Their away form is pretty standard for the them. Home form however hasn’t been as good for them this year, that certainly needs to improve in 2020. 

Archived