Jack Broadbent

ernieone

Was it a foul then ernie?

Hopefully he can bulk up in off season.

Guess the liquid diet won't be that great for a few weeks

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No reaction from any players, or the crowd, would suggest that he just got his attempted tackle wrong.

Sat side on to the incident it looked at worst a deliberate attempt to cause the lad harm and at best a reckless attempt to bowl him over..  I accept that my interpretation may have been biased in the heat of the moment, but Day seemed to bring his ball carrying arm up at the last minute bringing his forearm into contact with Broadbent's chin.  The momentum of his run plus the raising of the arm poleaxed the lad.  If I saw the incident correctly then Day should be ashamed of himself.

But that's just it day isn't a dirty player

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

12 hours ago, 9' oller said:

But that's just it day isn't a dirty player

He's certainly well thought of at the Mount and even came to visit earlier in the season.  Nevertheless, watching from the stand it looked a reckless act at the very least.  I hope that the video proves me wrong (it often does!).

The treatment Brad Day receives with head highs from his aggressive runs are commonplace and never once have I seen him react to any. He simply gets up and carries on. So it would be hard to believe that he would do any harm in a deliberate manner. There was no reaction from players or officials with the incident.

Archived