Halifax Next

AB Knight

Great day out, not a vintage performance but yet another tough win. I really like the Shay, great facilities yet not like your generic Leigh/Widnes. Halifax fans on the whole very sporting wishing us well in the playoffs.

I did however have a chuckle when they were singing ‘where were you when you were...’ which I hate anyway, but somewhat ironic given that they’ve just finished in their lowest position for a few decades along with their lowest average crowds in many years (Fax fans call me out if I’m wrong here!). People in glass houses etc ?

10 hours ago, Boyny said:

Set off from Prague {mates stag do} at 23.20 Saturday night,landing at Luton airport roughly 1hr 40mins later. My bus into London never turns up so i wait another 90mins for another bus. Gets dropped off at Baker St around 3.30am. Walk up to Kings Cross which is shut and doesnt open until 0530am. Wander around aimlessly for hours, gets a bacon roll and coffee from the worst Macdonalds in the uk , watching the addicts,beggars and homeless eeking out their lives. Manage to survive until 0700am when I can get a shower in Kings Cross station. £5 supposed to get you hot shower and towel. Shower was hot but no towel! Had to use my vest to dry myself. Anyway feel a lot better after that so wait outside in the early morning sunshine reading freebie newspaper until the 0903 to Leeds. Grab an hour or so, kip get off at Leeds for the Halifax train. On time, gets on then spot the first of the Hawaiian shirts then a palm tree then some bongos and a surf board. All off at Halifax, the tight wads go up to the local Wetherspoons i think whereas i head for The 3 Pidgeons as do a hundred or so other dodgy Hawaiians. Great beer, Yorkshire Blonde, great pork pies, I had 3 of em ,Pepperoni,Black Pudding,Cheese and Pickle. Atmosphere building, young Ryano on form. IntoThe Shay , some kind Halifax lad gives me and Bammo some hospitality bands so we head up there and join up with Billy Blackburn Roy Dicko and a few others. Great support in the ground. As what seems the norm we give Halifax a decent lead lulling them into a false sense of security then we turn them over. Good second half again , good to see a Yorkie get the winner. Well done Chillo. Back down to The 3 Pigeons where we had a heated debate about wether there should be a letter d in pigeon or pidgeon. Anyway back to York and as always finish off in The Tav, totally knackered. Things you do for love. 

Top effort Paul 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

On 06/09/2019 at 13:13, The Phantom Horseman said:

Will Sharp's a cracking player, was hugely popular when he was at Fev and am sure he will be at York, probably lost a bit of speed but plays with loads of heart.

Johnston isn't someone I've ever warmed to (though that's partly down to his political affiliations, Katie Hopkins etc), has a sidestep and will pop up with the odd good solo try, but has never really struck me as one to get attacking moves running smoothly but maybe the return to York will help.

A fair assesment of both players. Murrell has suffered for a number of years now not having a partner who can take some of the pressure of him and its probably also one of the reasons we have been the lowest scorers near the top 4 for the last 4 years.

On 09/09/2019 at 22:23, Boyny said:

Set off from Prague {mates stag do} at 23.20 Saturday night,landing at Luton airport roughly 1hr 40mins later. My bus into London never turns up so i wait another 90mins for another bus. Gets dropped off at Baker St around 3.30am. Walk up to Kings Cross which is shut and doesnt open until 0530am. Wander around aimlessly for hours, gets a bacon roll and coffee from the worst Macdonalds in the uk , watching the addicts,beggars and homeless eeking out their lives. Manage to survive until 0700am when I can get a shower in Kings Cross station. £5 supposed to get you hot shower and towel. Shower was hot but no towel! Had to use my vest to dry myself. Anyway feel a lot better after that so wait outside in the early morning sunshine reading freebie newspaper until the 0903 to Leeds. Grab an hour or so, kip get off at Leeds for the Halifax train. On time, gets on then spot the first of the Hawaiian shirts then a palm tree then some bongos and a surf board. All off at Halifax, the tight wads go up to the local Wetherspoons i think whereas i head for The 3 Pidgeons as do a hundred or so other dodgy Hawaiians. Great beer, Yorkshire Blonde, great pork pies, I had 3 of em ,Pepperoni,Black Pudding,Cheese and Pickle. Atmosphere building, young Ryano on form. IntoThe Shay , some kind Halifax lad gives me and Bammo some hospitality bands so we head up there and join up with Billy Blackburn Roy Dicko and a few others. Great support in the ground. As what seems the norm we give Halifax a decent lead lulling them into a false sense of security then we turn them over. Good second half again , good to see a Yorkie get the winner. Well done Chillo. Back down to The 3 Pigeons where we had a heated debate about wether there should be a letter d in pigeon or pidgeon. Anyway back to York and as always finish off in The Tav, totally knackered. Things you do for love. 

" so how can you tell me you're lonely, and say for you that the sun dont shine, let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London, I'll show you something, to make you change your mind ".?

Archived