Goole Vikings Family Fun Day

To celebrate the end of the our first year in existence, the Goole Vikings are holding a family fun day at our home ground, the Victoria Pleasure Grounds in Goole.

The day will consist of:

-The launch of our first junior sides in conjunction with Hull FC foundation.

-Round robin junior tournaments

-Children’s  entertainment (bouncy castles, face painting, sumo suits) 

-Visits from Ronnie the Rhino and other Rugby League figures 

-Various food & drink stalls

-Beer tents

-First XIII final game of the season Vs Stanningley.

If you’re at a loose end, please come down and support the continued existence and growth of Rugby League in Goole. #UTV

5D41637C-A938-4D72-B3DA-57B5A0513CC2.jpeg

I remember listening to an interview with someone from Goole on one of the RL podcasts when you were starting out a year or so ago.

How’s it going there, have you got many registered players and what sort of crowds are you getting? I just had a look at your Facebook page and it looks really professional, especially for a first season. Good luck with it all anyway ?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I remember listening to an interview with someone from Goole on one of the RL podcasts when you were starting out a year or so ago.

How’s it going there, have you got many registered players and what sort of crowds are you getting? I just had a look at your Facebook page and it looks really professional, especially for a first season. Good luck with it all anyway ?

Hello mate.

Very encouraging first season. 

45 lads signed on, managed to play 3 ‘b’ team games this season, hopefully have two open age sides next year. Will need another 15-20 to sign on to make that viable. 

Lowest attendance we had 130 highest 320, averaging around 185. This amounts to a success for me and exceeds expectations. 

The social media guys do a cracking job, very fortunate to have them. 

If you’re free this Saturday pop down. If not, then come pay us a visit next season! 

9 hours ago, Goolerugbyleague said:

Hello mate.

45 lads signed on, managed to play 3 ‘b’ team games this season, hopefully have two open age sides next year. Will need another 15-20 to sign on to make that viable. 

Lowest attendance we had 130 highest 320, averaging around 185. This amounts to a success for me and exceeds expectations. 

If you’re free this Saturday pop down. If not, then come pay us a visit next season! 

I’m in Norfolk so won’t be coming down this weekend but those crowds are superb, the envy of some NCL sides I expect. I know it’s early days but have you got ambitions to progress up through the pyramid? 

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’m in Norfolk so won’t be coming down this weekend but those crowds are superb, the envy of some NCL sides I expect. I know it’s early days but have you got ambitions to progress up through the pyramid? 

Yes we have ambitions. With our ground and facilities there’s no reason why we can’t.

It has however got to be done in a measured way, with strong foundations from the bottom up. It’s also key that we remain a community club that has the best interests of Goole at heart. 

15 hours ago, Goolerugbyleague said:

Hello mate.

Good achievement that.  Keep going.

17 hours ago, Goolerugbyleague said:

Hello mate.

Well done to all concerned to get that much interest in the first season. I hope you have a top day on Saturday, and good luck for next year.

Archived