TV-who gets right on your bristols?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Not a who, but a what.

Sky Channels 319/320 have, since mid-August, been renamed Sony Christmas, and have been showing Christmas films all day, FFS.

I've noticed that.  When I get to be king (see my post on the Royal Family) I'll ban all mention of Christmas until after Bonfire Night.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I've noticed that.  When I get to be king (see my post on the Royal Family) I'll ban all mention of Christmas until after Bonfire Night.

it should be like the world cup and the Olympics, every four years- that dan on bbc breakfast and matt baker should go in to battle out tvs top mr sickly goody 2 shoes

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Why waste so much time watching stuff you hate?

If this were 1973 and you only had three channels to pick from, fair enough, but come on, you don't have to look very far these days for alternative viewing choices, even on bog standard Freeview there's about a hundred channels.

And if there's absolutely nothing on at all that tickles your fancy, follow the advice of a classic 70s kids TV show: 'Why Don't You' (just switch of your television set and go do something less boring instead). ?

Or put the radio on...

33 minutes ago, John Drake said:

If this were 1973 and you only had three channels to pick from, fair enough, but come on, you don't have to look very far these days for alternative viewing choices, even on bog standard Freeview there's about a hundred channels.

And if there's absolutely nothing on at all that tickles your fancy, follow the advice of a classic 70s kids TV show: 'Why Don't You' (just switch of your television set and go do something less boring instead). ?

Or put the radio on...

Or go on an internet MB ? ?

19 hours ago, John Drake said:

Or put the radio on...

And with so much available on iPlayer, and the other channels "Catch up TV", there should be something that you can watch, I have been catching up with Life on Mars, the BBC series from 2005/6 because I missed it the first time around, because I was in the pub when it was on. C4 has virtually every comedy programme it has ever produced (Father Ted is great a second time around).

17 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

James Corden

Susanna Reid

James Corden

James Corden

Phil Bodmer ( bbc look north).

james corden yep, didn't stewart lee say something like our loss is Americas loss when he went stateside?

On 03/09/2019 at 20:49, JohnM said:

Like:

Louise Minchin, Amanda Holden, Dan Walker, Lucy Worsley, Holly Hamilton, Linda Barker, Katie McGlynn, Tamsin Grieg, Michael Pennington, John Cooper Clarke, Victoria Fritz... 

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Most of the nominees on this thread are so smug that they will be happy for being mentioned. It means that you watch them.

For me, breakfast television (Sally Bundock apart) is a robotic desert ... smug forced humour and argument (ITV), deadly deadly dull (BBC) and overly serious (Sky). All are scripted up to the eyeballs.

It's very rare that genuine human emotions creep in. One of the funniest things I've seen on telly this year was the icy look on Louise Minchin's face straight after Holly Hamilton had delivered the sports news whilst wearing a seriously short skirt.

Has anyone mentioned Lorraine Kelly yet?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 13/09/2019 at 16:01, John Drake said:

Or put the radio on...

I've been saying this to people a lot recently. I'll be sat with someone and they go through the TV guide three or four times, sigh and say, "I guess I'll just put that on" and just whack on a random channel to which I say, "you could just turn it off" and they look at me like I've just said I want to defecate on their living room floor. I'm not sure some people actually realise you can turn the tele off. I've been sat in a room with the tele off before and someone will come in, turn it on straight away and then get on with doing something completely different, not watching it. What the heck is that about? 

58 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've been saying this to people a lot recently. I'll be sat with someone and they go through the TV guide three or four times, sigh and say, "I guess I'll just put that on" and just whack on a random channel to which I say, "you could just turn it off" and they look at me like I've just said I want to defecate on their living room floor. I'm not sure some people actually realise you can turn the tele off. I've been sat in a room with the tele off before and someone will come in, turn it on straight away and then get on with doing something completely different, not watching it. What the heck is that about? 

that's my wife all over, comes downstairs on a morning puts the tv on in the living room then goes in the kitchen and puts a different tv on with a different channel - with 5 tvs in the house its like rumbelows  shop window display sometimes

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

that's my wife all over, comes downstairs on a morning puts the tv on in the living room then goes in the kitchen and puts a different tv on with a different channel - with 5 tvs in the house its like rumbelows  shop window display sometimes

we were wigfalls customers....

23 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Can`t believe they have given Rob Beckett yet another series on sky ,had to look up what he actually is and it came up stand-up comedian , that can`t be true surely .

well he can stand up so its half true

Always has me scrambling for the remote...

image.jpeg.7f96ff24932958e1ce4d4119eed55658.jpeg

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Always has me scrambling for the remote...

image.jpeg.7f96ff24932958e1ce4d4119eed55658.jpeg

Same . I never get past ‘ it’s june dad ‘ . Those adverts are so annoying . Yeh folk naturally talk to each other like that don’t they ? 

Archived