TV-who gets right on your bristols?

8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Always has me scrambling for the remote...

image.jpeg.7f96ff24932958e1ce4d4119eed55658.jpeg

What gets me with those adverts is how they try to bribe you with something they think will entice the over 50. "sign up today and receive a free Parker pen!" OH MY GOD!! A PARKER PEN!!! that's gonna make me sign up for a massive life insurance policy even though I can get the same pen for £15 in smiths.........

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

What gets me with those adverts is how they try to bribe you with something they think will entice the over 50. "sign up today and receive a free Parker pen!" OH MY GOD!! A PARKER PEN!!! that's gonna make me sign up for a massive life insurance policy even though I can get the same pen for £15 in smiths.........

I was gonna  for the cheaper policy with the free papermate pen until I saw the even cheaper deal with the bookies pen

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 13/09/2019 at 16:01, John Drake said:

Why waste so much time watching stuff you hate?

If this were 1973 and you only had three channels to pick from, fair enough, but come on, you don't have to look very far these days for alternative viewing choices, even on bog standard Freeview there's about a hundred channels.

And if there's absolutely nothing on at all that tickles your fancy, follow the advice of a classic 70s kids TV show: 'Why Don't You' (just switch of your television set and go do something less boring instead). ?

Or put the radio on...

Have you ever met a rugby league fan before? ?

A persistent and hardy few will even watch rugby union games just so they can feel even more unhappy than they were before.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

8 minutes ago, ckn said:

A persistent and hardy few will even watch rugby union games

Perhaps, once I'm fed up with this...

image.jpeg.ec5eea928fff738712c90eaae947316e.jpeg

But I rather doubt it.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I notice a lot of you do not like alternative comedians.

Are there any actual ALTERNATIVE comedians out there?

Are there any actual alternative COMEDIANS  out there?

Do tell.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

8 hours ago, Bearman said:

I notice a lot of you do not like alternative comedians.

Are there any actual ALTERNATIVE comedians out there?

Are there any actual alternative COMEDIANS  out there?

Do tell.

Bernard manning on alternative comedians "im the only genuine alternative comedian on the scene" - " cos im the only one whos fkkin funny"

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I don't watch much TV apart from Motorcycle racing and RL plus the BBC news but from past experience I can absolutely guarantee that any programme with 'Celebrity' in the title  will be absolute s***e, and now the BBC'S trailers are longer than the adverts on ITV I see all-sorts of drivel being pushed, probably explains why we are in the state we are at present ?

2 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I don't watch much TV apart from Motorcycle racing and RL plus the BBC news but from past experience I can absolutely guarantee that any programme with 'Celebrity' in the title  will be absolute s***e, and now the BBC'S trailers are longer than the adverts on ITV I see all-sorts of drivel being pushed, probably explains why we are in the state we are at present ?

I always imagine people at bbc / itv / c4 / c5 sitting round a desk saying ...’  right , what have celebrities not done yet . Come on think ... err , celebrity gladiators in a real coliseum . To the death ... can we do that ?’  They must nearly have reached celeb doing things saturation point 

3 hours ago, Clogiron said:

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I always imagine people at bbc / itv / c4 / c5 sitting round a desk saying ...’  right , what have celebrities not done yet . Come on think ... err , celebrity gladiators in a real coliseum . To the death ... can we do that ?’  They must nearly have reached celeb doing things saturation point 

Deja Vue - advert on tv just now, "Coming Shortly, 'My Famous Babysitter'  where in each episode a celebrity tests the reality of twenty-first century parenting by taking responsibility for a family of children over four days."

Has telly really got this bad ....

Just now, Jasper said:

Deja Vue - advert on tv just now, "Coming Shortly, 'My Famous Babysitter'  where in each episode a celebrity tests the reality of twenty-first century parenting by taking responsibility for a family of children over four days."

Has telly really got this bad ....

Yes I’m afraid so ! Even sadder when you see what classes for celebrity ...

Just looked this show up. Here's the blurb from UKTV - My Famous Babysitter is the latest from UKTV  bringing celebrity star names to 2019, like 

Stacey Dooley Sleeps Over,

Emma Willis: Delivering Babies, 

Ski A&E and Inside The Operating Theatre.

Dr Christian Will See You Now,

John Bishop: In Conversation With...,

The Davina Hour,

and Inside the Ambulance.

On 04/09/2019 at 10:30, Bleep1673 said:

Claudia Winkleman

On 04/09/2019 at 13:30, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Claudia winkleman x 1,000,000

She's genuinely dreadful, I've no idea how she's on TV.  I can only assume cronyism or nepotism.  Or she got her job by convincing her half-sister to put out.

10 hours ago, bbfaz said:

She's genuinely dreadful, I've no idea how she's on TV.  I can only assume cronyism or nepotism.  Or she got her job by convincing her half-sister to put out.

Bury me in a Y shaped coffin, as Blackadder put it

Image result for kevin bacon ee advert

"Who says you can't?"

Why don't you ###### off you annoyng Yank tw@!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

25 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I know this is a thread about who we can't stand on TV but I think I could enjoy certain aspects of Italian football. 

_20191006_111228.JPG

Probably difficult to nutmeg, I think I’d rather dribble round her

On 03/10/2019 at 14:32, The Hallucinating Goose said:

What gets me with that is I can’t stop thinking about the fact they used to use   Parky then they cut costs and just name checked him. As in the start of the conversation one of them said like the ads with Parky in. Then he must’ve got that taken out as they now use the same advert with the reference to him removed. 

Going to second my own nomination purely out of frustration! That tw*t Matt Alldull(bright)! Endured an episode of Watchdog last week and the lack of any meaningful consequence to the swindlers really irritates and makes you question the whole point of the program and his likely fat salary!

9 minutes ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

Going to second my own nomination purely out of frustration! That tw*t Matt Alldull(bright)! Endured an episode of Watchdog last week and the lack of any meaningful consequence to the swindlers really irritates and makes you question the whole point of the program and his likely fat salary!

Is that just the fault of the presenter?

I do get your frustration over the lack of a lack of resolution to these types of programmes.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Julia Hartley-Brewer. Vile harridan should should be banned from TV. Any BBC producer who suggests bringing her into shows like Question Time should be forced to watch her lifetime of utterings on repeat for a year. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived