Lee Radford

Hullfan

If Hull FC fail to make the play offs, I strongly believe Lee Radford will be sacked as Hull FC coach. Rightly so aswel in my opinion, Hull have had the chance to secure 2/3 place, obviously still might do but albeit a lot tougher task now. Thursday night games is huge, saints on the final game possibly a weaker saints team maybe a bit easier then a Cas team at home with all to play for themselves!! 

I find it strange people still thinking he'll be sacked, he's Adam Pearson's soul mate, he ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Hull FC desperately need a high profile coach otherwise we'll just carry on trotting out the same "win one week, get absolutely stuffed the next" garbage and the fans will start drifting.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I agree with others that it does seem like Radford has done all he can in a fairly extensive spell with the club and perhaps it's time to move on. The two cup wins hold him in good stead but the league form, particularly in regards to the nature of some of the defeats suffered, is just poor. 

On 04/09/2019 at 08:37, sentoffagain2 said:

Five year at one club is plenty for a coach in todays game.I like him but he needs to move on.Whatever fans say about him he did manage to win at Wembley for F.C to stop the Robins fans chirping.

Five years is indeed plenty. Radford has had six!

Its the swings from decent to terrible and the end of season collapses that do my head in.

Coupled with the same tactics week in week out.

He has a bloody good set of players but they wont defend,make the same errors and give up far too easy.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

4 hours ago, jacksy said:

Its the swings from decent to terrible and the end of season collapses that do my head in.

Coupled with the same tactics week in week out.

He has a bloody good set of players but they wont defend,make the same errors and give up far too easy.

he needs to take them to an off season bonding session in withernsea for a month

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

I'm a general RL fan and I find Hull FC to be constant underachievers. They clearly have above average resource , a good fan base and an excellent stadium. Year after year their league efforts get worse. Inconsistent beyond belief and too many spanking. Radford seems a nice guy but also seems thick as a plank.His interviews with his constant exaggerated head and face scratching are embarrassing.  I think his time is up. I also notice Hulls team always seems full of older players.

On 04/09/2019 at 07:02, Old Frightful said:

I find it strange people still thinking he'll be sacked, he's Adam Pearson's soul mate, he ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Hull FC desperately need a high profile coach otherwise we'll just carry on trotting out the same "win one week, get absolutely stuffed the next" garbage and the fans will start drifting.

Hull have massively underachieved this season but I agree with you, Pearson won’t sack him

He's got to go - after all, they got the t-shirts printed years ago and thrifty Hull folk shouldn't be cheated.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 times out of 6 not made the play-offs, no youth system players to debut under Radford have cemented themselves to be a first XVII player, constantly bringing in players from outside the club on big salaries thus having a skinny squad and backloading contracts, so loads of inexperienced kids who aren't getting developed/not getting game time because the coach keeps bringing in players from outside the club.

Kids get thrown in when the players can no longer be jabbed up to the gills and then get slaughtered or are simply not good enough and so the cycle repeats itself.

Radford has wasted so much talent that has left the club.

Players are disillusioned due to not getting a chance, whilst off at Donny or wherever the coach signs yet another import from outside the club so you're 4th choice in your position and even then the coach will play his best mate who he has to justify his contract by playing him despite him being bang average and playing out of position (e.g. Danny Washbrook being played at centre/hooker last year and hooker this year instead of Logan/Hadley respectively) so you've zero chance of getting a first team spot even when injury crisis arises.

When down to absolute bare bones you get chucked into a team already under-performing because the coach is clueless, players unmotivated and you are sent like a lamb to the slaughter, fans say you're poop, the coach slates/scapegoats you publicly time and again because of a few unforced errors despite the fact you're the only one really trying/looking like you've any energy/enthusiasm (Miloudi)

Players such as Shaul who still can't pass or link up as a pivot and runs down a rabbit hole same as he's always done when in the last 20, he still hasn't sussed that flogging Danny Houghton means his distribution falls off a cliff and his forays dwindle and generally looks absolutely shafted. Still hasn't fathomed that quick/accurate passing with runners going straight and committing players is how the best teams are able to score more tries, 5 drives and a kick was sussed out by all the coaches and a drop off pass to a big lump to barge over isn't working either. We make a decent amount of tackle busts and clean breaks - 3rd and 4th respectively, but don't capitalise because too often there's no-one backing up.

Defence is at its worst in decades, for all the yap, he's done nothing to shore up the problem areas, still slow moving up, still the same old issues on the edges. Missed tackles is fourth worst in the league behind, KR, Catalans and London, discipline is still horrendous, 11 yellows and a red (though strangely the least actual penalties!), errors second worst.

The club owner says that he, Radford and Last are going to review the coaching set up, what a @@@@@@ joke, that's like the RFL big wigs reviewing their own performance/setting own goals, ignoring the independent auditors with regards to salaries and doubling the recommended increase despite not having met most of the soft targets you set anyways.

We'll win more games next year, jesus with the heavy investment in the first XVII it;s hard not to see us doing so, which means another skinny/lightly experienced squad, so when the inevitable injuries come about and Radford is moaning about £1M in the stands as he likes to do every year then he'll chuck the kids in, that is when we get caught out and/or when fatigue, mental and physical kick in and the coach is clueless to motivate/mentally prepare players rears its ugly head ... again!

I don't know if I can be bothered for next season but back end of this I've put as much effort in going as the players/coach have seemed to with regards to the rugby. Maybe I'll feel different after the yuletide and the memories of the coach slagging off the fans and watching absolute dirge has worn somewhat from the memory banks!

A little while back, I read that during Radford's tenure, we've only won 4 out of 16 games played in September. That's now moved on to only winning 4 out of 18 games played in September.

Nowt like stepping up at the business end of the season...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 07/09/2019 at 03:45, graveyard johnny said:

he needs to take them to an off season bonding session in withernsea for a month

I hear Iceland in winter focuses the mind. Especially tenting outdoors. :kolobok_wink:

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

31 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

A little while back, I read that during Radford's tenure, we've only won 4 out of 16 games played in September. That's now moved on to only winning 4 out of 18 games played in September.

Nowt like stepping up at the business end of the season...

That is a truly shocking record. At least in the past few years there have been reasons for it. The distraction of the cup in 16/17, and last year the injury situation was genuinely dire. The way we have capitulated this year is awful. Warrington's league slump meant 2nd was just begging to be claimed, but we haven't looked like winning in the last month.

The problem we have next year is that our recruitment for next year is really good, and those players probably will win a lot of games with their individual talent and we will be there or there abouts. Come the business end however we will fold like a cheap suit, but because we had a decent season Radford will remain and the cycle will repeat.

Next year's squad is well capable of making the GF with the right man in charge. Unfortunately we don't have him.

7 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

4 times out of 6 not made the play-offs, no youth system players to debut under Radford have cemented themselves to be a first XVII player, constantly bringing in players from outside the club on big salaries thus having a skinny squad and backloading contracts, so loads of inexperienced kids who aren't getting developed/not getting game time because the coach keeps bringing in players from outside the club.

Kids get thrown in when the players can no longer be jabbed up to the gills and then get slaughtered or are simply not good enough and so the cycle repeats itself.

Players are disillusioned due to not getting a chance, whilst off at Donny or wherever the coach signs yet another import from outside the club so you're 4th choice in your position and even then the coach will play his best mate who he has to justify his contract by playing him despite him being bang average and playing out of position (e.g. Danny Washbrook being played at centre/hooker last year and hooker this year instead of Logan/Hadley respectively) so you've zero chance of getting a first team spot even when injury crisis arises.

When down to absolute bare bones you get chucked into a team already under-performing because the coach is clueless, players unmotivated and you are sent like a lamb to the slaughter, fans say you're poop, the coach slates/scapegoats you publicly time and again because of a few unforced errors despite the fact you're the only one really trying/looking like you've any energy/enthusiasm (Miloudi)

Players such as Shaul who still can't pass or link up as a pivot and runs down a rabbit hole same as he's always done when in the last 20, he still hasn't sussed that flogging Danny Houghton means his distribution falls off a cliff and his forays dwindle and generally looks absolutely shafted. Still hasn't fathomed that quick/accurate passing with runners going straight and committing players is how the best teams are able to score more tries, 5 drives and a kick was sussed out by all the coaches and a drop off pass to a big lump to barge over isn't working either. We make a decent amount of tackle busts and clean breaks - 3rd and 4th respectively, but don't capitalise because too often there's no-one backing up.

Defence is at its worst in decades, for all the yap, he's done nothing to shore up the problem areas, still slow moving up, still the same old issues on the edges. Missed tackles is fourth worst in the league behind, KR, Catalans and London, discipline is still horrendous, 11 yellows and a red (though strangely the least actual penalties!), errors second worst.

The club owner says that he, Radford and Last are going to review the coaching set up, what a @@@@@@ joke, that's like the RFL big wigs reviewing their own performance/setting own goals, ignoring the independent auditors with regards to salaries and doubling the recommended increase despite not having met most of the soft targets you set anyways.

We'll win more games next year, jesus with the heavy investment in the first XVII it;s hard not to see us doing so, which means another skinny/lightly experienced squad, so when the inevitable injuries come about and Radford is moaning about £1M in the stands as he likes to do every year then he'll chuck the kids in, that is when we get caught out and/or when fatigue, mental and physical kick in and the coach is clueless to motivate/mentally prepare players rears its ugly head ... again!

I don't know if I can be bothered for next season but back end of this I've put as much effort in going as the players/coach have seemed to with regards to the rugby. Maybe I'll feel different after the yuletide and the memories of the coach slagging off the fans and watching absolute dirge has worn somewhat from the memory banks!

So you are a fan of Radford ?

On 15/09/2019 at 01:13, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Archived