Donny

Spike

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I’m all for winning on Sunday and winning all games remaining but does anybody think gaining promotion this season is a good idea for town 

No its not a good idea getting promoted can't handle this league 

34 minutes ago, Town5 said:

No its not a good idea getting promoted can't handle this league

So promotion shouldn't ever be on the agenda for Town? We should simply hunker down- know our place and accept that we will never escape from this dismal division?? I think you should get your flag and bunting ready for your team's coronation on Sunday. A Town fan you certainly ain't.  

3 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

So promotion shouldn't ever be on the agenda for Town? We should simply hunker down- know our place and accept that we will never escape from this dismal division?? I think you should get your flag and bunting ready for your team's coronation on Sunday. A Town fan you certainly ain't.  

No1 has said town shouldn’t gain promotion but this season it is a bad idea as the club ain’t ready financially, we can’t get a squad training regular we can’t win enough games in this league to get in the top four never mind survive in league above n yea I am a town fan a REALISTIC one 

12 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

He’s not entirely wrong though is he ? You can’t compete in that league with only 14/15 players some weeks, it’s too tough a league for that. How many times this year have we gone without a full complement even if we’ve named 17 ? Unless there’s an improvement in professionalism at the club then I’m afraid we’d be certainties to come right back down.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

12 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

No what I'm saying if your going up it needs to be done properly with players capable of at least mid table finish. You will always get your hardcore bunch of fans but people get sick of watching a team get tonked every week. Could we afford bad crowds 

Could we afford bad crowds?  Neither division below Super League attract attendances that can sustain semi-professional rugby with a view to joining the elite unless you count Bradford ,and just take heed of what's going on down there!  

I always try to adopt a positive attitude to Town's prospects , especially going into pivotal games which can determine our destiny. If others want to shovel on the negativity that's their prerogative, just don't expect me to let it go unchallenged. 

As nailed-on promotion certainties the jam should be praying that Town work the oracle and join them in the Championship as that would generate probably the only fixtures guaranteeing home  gates above 1000 even allowing for whatever the Bulls morph into.  

I’ve no idea what may or may not happen , and I understand people’s concerns but you’d like the chance to find out and have a shot at it . Otherwise why bother , this is why you play . This league is way in the shadows  , uninspiring and at times soulless. If , big if , we can get out grab it . I’ll watch championship teams here every other week with pleasure even if it’s a damn struggle again . At least your back on the map . I think the argument is probably moot anyway given our state this year , but it’s something I’d bite yer hand off for right now

1 hour ago, Town5 said:

of at least mid table finish.

Mid table championship is now beyond  all cumbrian clubs barring someone throwing money at them which is not sustainable.  Just Surviving would be a big achievement as the bottom of the championship has become  very competetive. Cumbrian club's need a restructure of the leagues. Just my personal opinion.

To be fair whitehavens squad compared to ours at the start of the season suggested they went gonna be anywhere near us even the bookies thought it and look how the season panned out.

I think haven with a few additions next season could go survive next season up there.

Newcastle I expect will follow them and they have the finances to go quite comfortably 

We just have to ensure we if expected are going local with maybe one or 2 experienced fellas can get up next season and have a proper squad not this joke of 15 players.

2 hours ago, town2018 said:

Why would players want to go up and get losing pay most weeks 

You seem very negative in all the comments you’ve made on the forum. It’s as if your a haven fan under a town name, surely not ? you should worry about your team going up and getting losing pay 

32 minutes ago, Townie987 said:

You seem very negative in all the comments you’ve made on the forum. It’s as if your a haven fan under a town name, surely not ? you should worry about your team going up and getting losing pay 

Don't think either Haven or Town could survive without heavily investing in new players if promoted, 

Its all Iff's,  What If that happens , What If this happens , Who knows what the future holds , We could get promoted , We could have a team full of locals who turn out to be A brilliant Team .A Sugar Daddy might come along . the list could go on  and on , But at the end of the day if you haven't got any Aspirations  the club will just die . So get behind the lads and see where it leads to . UTT FOREVER . 

Archived