Donny

Spike

54 minutes ago, Townie987 said:

You seem very negative in all the comments you’ve made on the forum. It’s as if your a haven fan under a town name, surely not ? you should worry about your team going up and getting losing pay 

I’m just been realistic the current state off the club is struggling in league 1 let alone getting promoted this season I’m all for building a squad to gain promotion but to go up this year is mental we can’t even field a full 17 let alone compete with the likes off Leigh ,York etc 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bearintown said:

Haven  fan told me yesterday,  the rumour is that they will refuse promotion due to lack of funding.

Dont believe a word of it tho !

I don't think they can refuse can they, 

7 hours ago, JMB said:

I don't think they can refuse can they, 

It's already been passed hasn't it? I'm sure the RL did a check a few weeks back...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

14 hours ago, JMB said:

Don't think either Haven or Town could survive without heavily investing in new players if promoted, 

totally true ..................we found that to our cost this year and we had a really good squad (on paper!!)

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

14 hours ago, JMB said:

Don't think either Haven or Town could survive without heavily investing in new players if promoted, 

Yeah I said this last year when we looked like we could go up, I wasnt sure then was the right time, just as I dont think now is. When you look at both our squads compared the clubs we would likely be competing against to stay up theres a huge difference in quality that would take a lot of money to solve, money neither club have unless theres a sugar daddy somewhere about to inject a shed load of cash.

23 minutes ago, morty said:

totally true ..................we found that to our cost this year and we had a really good squad (on paper!!)

Good to hear a raiders fan point of view morty,as where you need to have  some ambition, I think  some comments on here underestimate the bottom half of the championship. 

Yet again we get to the Business end of the season with limited troops and getting a great win at Hunslet with only 15 available.

I don't fully know the reasons why we were light on numbers but Donny will be no push overs on Sunday and even if we get the 2 wins against them I cannot see us progressing further than that.

If we had Ollie coming back and possibly Elliot and then Hewitt available along with Mellor,Maudling and Olstrom I would be confident of giving the Playoffs a real good go.Why does it seem every year we end up with the same scenario of limited numbers when all other teams with ambitions of promotion seem to strengthen a few weeks before we get to this stage of the season.

As for promotion to the Championship yes I would take it all day long but we would need a massive recruitment drive as will Haven

.Has Morty has said I thought Barrow would hold their own this season as they had a decent sized squad with some good quality but a few Injuries early doors left them low on options and when you look at the standard of opposition week in week out there are very few easy games in there now.Luckily most of our local based players are on longer Contracts so that should stop the Haven rumour mill starting as soon as they win promotion and really not sure where they will get the 10-12 players from that they will need to compete next season but that is their problem not ours.

42 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Yet again we get to the Business end of the season with limited troops and getting a great win at Hunslet with only 15 available.

I don't fully know the reasons why we were light on numbers but Donny will be no push overs on Sunday and even if we get the 2 wins against them I cannot see us progressing further than that.

If we had Ollie coming back and possibly Elliot and then Hewitt available along with Mellor,Maudling and Olstrom I would be confident of giving the Playoffs a real good go.Why does it seem every year we end up with the same scenario of limited numbers when all other teams with ambitions of promotion seem to strengthen a few weeks before we get to this stage of the season.

As for promotion to the Championship yes I would take it all day long but we would need a massive recruitment drive as will Haven

.Has Morty has said I thought Barrow would hold their own this season as they had a decent sized squad with some good quality but a few Injuries early doors left them low on options and when you look at the standard of opposition week in week out there are very few easy games in there now.Luckily most of our local based players are on longer Contracts so that should stop the Haven rumour mill starting as soon as they win promotion and really not sure where they will get the 10-12 players from that they will need to compete next season but that is their problem not ours.

Probably from Town & Barrow if rumours are correct - and the merry go round starts again. Can't see much changing at DP unless there is some serious investment from somewhere.

2 hours ago, donald said:

Rumour mill is 3 from barrow although ones in talks with Fev  . A png player from fev . 1 from town 1 from Wigan although the town one is apparently just a rumour and untrue. And 2 or 3 could be leaving for town. Just rumours though.

The same rumour mill is saying a few will leave Haven after promotion too and want to work with the new Town coach. It's all good stuff even before the season has finished. Some will leave Town as no doubt they will from haven and Barrow. All three teams will recruit with Haven needing the biggest re-shape unless Chris Thorman can produce a miracle and get us promoted with 16 fit players, then we will need the biggest shopping list. Let's just hope Mr Todd has learned his lessons between income and expenditure from a couple of seasons ago.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

In all honesty,which Town player(s) would be deemed good enough to play in the championship.I could maybe stretch to one being Doran,but after that i would struggle to choose anyone else.I look at the forwards and there is possibly Dawson& curwen but i still think they not good enough for a championship team.

6 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Yea but when we go up why would we want any town players surley we need to sign much much better than league 1 players to play Championship rugby? That's not a dig just reality it's gonna be hard but a ride I would rather be on than not

5 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Yea but when we go up why would we want any town players surley we need to sign much much better than league 1 players to play Championship rugby? That's not a dig just reality it's gonna be hard but a ride I would rather be on than not

You’ll be getting rid of most of your team then if you don’t want town players 

3 hours ago, donald said:

Rumour mill is 3 from barrow although ones in talks with Fev  . A png player from fev . 1 from town 1 from Wigan although the town one is apparently just a rumour and untrue. And 2 or 3 could be leaving for town. Just rumours though.

Be a long season if that's the quality of players coming in.

2 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Not a dig but how many of the haven squad do you think are championship standard especially with the lowest points for in the top 6 in C1. Also I believe the barrow fans will happily order a taxi from barrow to whitehaven for the two players you are rumoured to be getting from down There

4 hours ago, troutmaster said:

In all honesty,which Town player(s) would be deemed good enough to play in the championship.I could maybe stretch to one being Doran,but after that i would struggle to choose anyone else.I look at the forwards and there is possibly Dawson& curwen but i still think they not good enough for a championship team.

IMO Jamie Doran,Elliot Miller and Caine Barnes would be good enough and on the same point looking at the Haven Team the likes of Forrester,Coward,Mossop,Shackley and Brett Phillips were certainly not good enough when they played there with us and it is a much tougher proposition now than it was then and each year the gulf is getting bigger.

One huge problem is clubs like Bradford and Leigh being allowed by the RFL to keep going or bust while others play by the rules finacially.It was only last season Leigh had no cash and let a lot of players go.

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Not a dig but how many of the haven squad do you think are championship standard especially with the lowest points for in the top 6 in C1. Also I believe the barrow fans will happily order a taxi from barrow to whitehaven for the two players you are rumoured to be getting from down There

I think they'll be happy to get rid of 1, the other will be a miss to them. As would the 3rd but I believe he may be off somewhere else.

Archived