Did Holbrook resign after losing

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I got as far as... “according to Gary Schofield” 

??

What price on Woolf arriving before the grand final?

In all seriousness, I’d still back Saints to win it at this stage.

4 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I got as far as... “according to Gary Schofield” 

??

What price on Woolf arriving before the grand final?

In all seriousness, I’d still back Saints to win it at this stage.

You got that far?

No smoke without fire imo despite Schofields comments.

13 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

If Schofield told me today was Wednesday I would go and buy a paper to double check. 

I'd have a few quid on it being Thursday.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Even if he did it will just have been heat of the moment stuff, how many of you have had a bad day at work and said you’re leaving then changed your mind shortly after - I certainly have, countless times. If a winner like JH doesn’t want to try to win the GF from this position I’d be amazed. 

If he is inclined to resign after a loss, I give him about a week at the Gold Coast Titans.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

No smoke without fire imo despite Schofields comment

I would think Holbrook probably offered his resignation out of integrity, thinking it would be an honourable thing to do.    Common sense probably prevailed though, quite rightly.  

It was a final, one team had to lose and despite the team Warrington put out it wasn’t a given that Saints would win, despite what fans and the media were purporting all week.

All this will blow over on the 12th October when Saints win the other trophy.

50 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I would think Holbrook probably offered his resignation out of integrity, thinking it would be an honourable thing to do.    Common sense probably prevailed though, quite rightly.  

It was a final, one team had to lose and despite the team Warrington put out it wasn’t a given that Saints would win, despite what fans and the media were purporting all week.

Just shows what value winning the Challenge Cup means, despite expert opinion on this board.  

I would think resigning was quite the opposite.  He should be there to support the team in good and bad.  

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Nah.One individual ruined it for Castleford.Another has ruined it for St Helens.

Something not right,there.Both head coach and assistant coach ( Sean Long ) leaving in close proximity to each other? 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

How did you come to this conclusion, what is it based upon? That would make no sense, resigning because you lost a final you thought you were going to win at a canter? Resigning would only benefit JH, it would benefit no-one else aside from other teams, offering your resignation at that point would be the complete opposite of being 'honourable and very much lacking of integrity. He gets to go home early, he gets to run away from the mess that was the CC final and the fall-out from that, he gets to wash his hands of all responsibility for what happens next and any expectation of winning the GF.

I'm not saying that he has, but IF he did hand in his resignation then it's dishonourable, disloyal, selfish and weak, I would have told him that's fine, we don't want weak minded employees working for us and then tell everyone precisely why he left., couldn't stand a bit of pressure.

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Just shows what value winning the Challenge Cup means, despite expert opinion on this board.  

I would think resigning was quite the opposite.  He should be there to support the team in good and bad.  

Just read that you think same, nothing honourable at all resigning in such circumstances.

4 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

How did you come to this conclusion, what is it based upon? That would make no sense, resigning because you lost a final you thought you were going to win at a canter?

No I was just responding to the previous suggestion that there’s no smoke without fire, and maybe if the resignation offer was true that it was just a rash decision made in the heat of the moment as he was so disappointed that his game plan didn’t work.   Of course don’t think it makes sense but I wasn’t there after a 3rd big-game failure, so just postulating what Holbrook might have been thinking in the heat of the moment.

He seems a bit too honest to try to do a runner for the last month of the season, but I guess we’ll see... I would have thought he’d stay just to try and come away having achieved something big during his two year stint.

If he really is trying to do a runner I can’t wait to read McManus’ match programme column on that one!

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Even if he did it will just have been heat of the moment stuff, how many of you have had a bad day at work and said you’re leaving then changed your mind shortly after - I certainly have, countless times. If a winner like JH doesn’t want to try to win the GF from this position I’d be amazed. 

Oh mate, it's like every day.

23 hours ago, Eddie said:

What qualifies him as a winner?

On 04/09/2019 at 15:48, Cheshire Setter said:

Sorry but i think Wigan willwin it probably against Wire. Either way its Wigan again imo.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

6 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Sorry but i think Wigan willwin it probably against Wire. Either way its Wigan again imo.

I think Wigan have a better chance than Warrington in the final, if it’s against Saints.   However, if Warrington do get there I’d rather play Wigan as I don’t think Saints will slip up against us twice in a final...

On 04/09/2019 at 15:16, Oliver Clothesoff said:

If Schofield told me today was Wednesday I would go and buy a paper to double check. 

Schofield has zero credit among the Rugby League community nowadays and its been like that for sometime.

A terrific player but couldn't coach to save his life and i wouldn't coaching my youngest grandsons under 8's team and as a pundit he's less than useless

Archived