Your support is......

meast

Away crowds at Huddersfield for 2019.

Hull FC are this years winners, but unfortunately despite claims to the contrary every game no one "outnumbered the home fans" this year.

Hull FC (Sun) 2,154

St Helens ( cup, Sun) 1,684

Leeds ( Fri) 1,410

Warrington ( Fri) 1,403

Salford (Fri) 1,083

Wigan (Fri) 935

Castleford ( Sun) 836

Hull KR (Fri) 742

Castleford (Thur) 736

Wakefield (Fri) 728

St Helens (Thur) 726

Hull KR (Thur) 544

As usual, no official figures for London or Catalans, estimates around 25 London and only 5 Catalans

No surprise to see 3 of the 4 lowest turnouts on a Thursday night, while only 4 league games saw over 1,000 away fans, 5 years ago it was usually half of the games.

Good effort from Salford, although it was the opening night, but they were probably the noisiest too!

Leeds, despite their club giving their fans 25% of the ticket price back was still fairly poor from the biggest club in the game

Salford stands out as a really good effort.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Thanks for that.

1400 from Leeds is a bit of a shocker, 20 mins by train and 30 mins by car, I know it's not exactly a big game in the Leeds eyes but still. Rovers usually take a fair few to their away games so despite the Thursday still surprised it wasn't more. I reckon if you replicated the Hull fixture now it wouldn't be half that. As you say good effort from Salford.

Just imagine how many we'd fetch if we were any f***ing good.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Thanks for that.

1400 from Leeds is a bit of a shocker, 20 mins by train and 30 mins by car, I know it's not exactly a big game in the Leeds eyes but still. Rovers usually take a fair few to their away games so despite the Thursday still surprised it wasn't more. I reckon if you replicated the Hull fixture now it wouldn't be half that. As you say good effort from Salford.

Both Hull clubs have struggled maintain the myth that they travel in their thousands everywhere, while FC can usually muster a decent following, KR haven't brought 1,000 for many a year, still good efforts by them though.

2 hours ago, Plan of Attack said:

Wait until you get Toronto next year average away fans are 10 if your lucky

Toronto vs Huddersfield would more than double the attendance of the return fixture.. both would have little away support.

If a club relys on away support then it isn't doing enough/ it is unsustainable.

12 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Just imagine how many we'd fetch if we were any f***ing good.

Just out of interest how have you managed to get round the sweary filter. I was castigated on another thread by ckn for doing the same, different word I will admit but basically the same problem. Come on CKN one rule for one and not the other.

10 hours ago, Copa said:

How do you know how many are away fans? 

The away fans have a dedicated stand for them. You may of course get the odd away fan who just goes in to sit with the Hudds fans, but generally the fans stick together.

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Just out of interest how have you managed to get round the sweary filter. I was castigated on another thread by ckn for doing the same, different word I will admit but basically the same problem. Come on CKN one rule for one and not the other.

I have to be honest and say I thought your use of symbols to replace letters sat fine with me but the word you masked is one that is generally unacceptable. Sadly, the word I masked is creeping into commonplace use so that may be part of the reason. Also, had I left the "k" in, the sweary filter would have kicked in.

I certainly don't consider it one rule for some, etc, perhaps John and/or Craig could help us on sweary things?

16 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The away fans have a dedicated stand for them. You may of course get the odd away fan who just goes in to sit with the Hudds fans, but generally the fans stick together.

Interesting. We have a bay for away fans  in Canberra and it often fills up. However most away fans in Canberra are sprinkled around the stadium and buy regular tickets the same as any local would. We mix quite a lot.

15 minutes ago, Copa said:

Interesting. We have a bay for away fans  in Canberra and it often fills up. However most away fans in Canberra are sprinkled around the stadium and buy regular tickets the same as any local would. We mix quite a lot.

The Hudds stadium is made up of four separate stands, and it can be a pretty good atmosphere when you get the fans sitting together, so they do tend to congregate. 

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I have to be honest and say I thought your use of symbols to replace letters sat fine with me but the word you masked is one that is generally unacceptable. Sadly, the word I masked is creeping into commonplace use so that may be part of the reason. Also, had I left the "k" in, the sweary filter would have kicked in.

I certainly don't consider it one rule for some, etc, perhaps John and/or Craig could help us on sweary things?

Thank you for an honest reply OF. I do accept I was out of order using that word. 

35 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

long gone are the days when they'd have both sets of fans side by side in the touchline stand, 

Last time I sat down the side at Huddersfield, Hull FC were 0-18 up after twenty minutes or so.

We eventually lost 30 odd 18.

Ain't sat down the side since. ?

21 hours ago, meast said:

Away crowds at Huddersfield for 2019.

Hull FC are this years winners, but unfortunately despite claims to the contrary every game no one "outnumbered the home fans" this year.

Hull FC (Sun) 2,154

18 hours ago, meast said:

Both Hull clubs have struggled maintain the myth that they travel in their thousands everywhere

There appears to be a bit of a contradiction in your posts here mate.

I blame the KCOM stewards.

19 hours ago, meast said:

Both Hull clubs have struggled maintain the myth that they travel in their thousands everywhere, while FC can usually muster a decent following, KR haven't brought 1,000 for many a year, still good efforts by them though.

If they keep reading your posts they will surely dwindle even more.  That isn’t a myth either.

Archived