32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull FC

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Pearson has been secretly trying to offload the club for a while now, he's not a benefactor, he's an investor, and not with a big wadge of money either as some seem to think. He's had enough, Radford is now a cheap option, next season was a shat or bust by sacrificing a bigger more experienced squad to get some big salaried players in and backload contracts to squeeze them under the cap.

As things stand Radford could have the 1982 Australian tour team )as it was) and they'd struggle to beat the dads army that was the GB team, Pearson stated RAdford is going nowhere, it's a mickey poor statement from someone who is supposed to have business smarts, I really don't understand what is MO is right now, it's massively disappointing and is going to lose a couple of thousand fans for next year IMHO..

I can't make many games these days anyway due to working in Scotland. I have only been to 5 or 6 games this year. But if Radford remains in charge I will not be making the effort to go to any game next year. 

I can cope with us just not being very good. Even through the Agar years I kept turning up week in week out. We were rubbish, but at least we had a dig and competed more often than not. But I can't deal with us having such a strong squad and squandering it. So until something changes, I'm done. I have been embarrassed by them once too often now

Humberside commentators saying they feel sorry for Radford, that the attitude problem isn't down to him, oh ffs, of course it is, the players reflect what the coach is doing/not doing, especially when it's mental. You can be outdone skill wise and fitness level wise, but we've been tonked far too many times the last two seasons, we've been out-enthused too often, we've been mentally weak too often, we've lacked any nous too often, we've lacked any defensive structure/continue to make exactly the same errors year after year, made the same attacking errors too often, again, over years with no addressing the same old problems.

And not once has Radford put his hand up and said it's down to him, he's blamed the players, he's blamed injuries, he's even blamed the fans several times fgs!

Not walking through the turnstiles again until he's gone

9 minutes ago, MZH said:

I can't make many games these days anyway due to working in Scotland. I have only been to 5 or 6 games this year. But if Radford remains in charge I will not be making the effort to go to any game next year. 

I can cope with us just not being very good. Even through the Agar years I kept turning up week in week out. We were rubbish, but at least we had a dig and competed more often than not. But I can't deal with us having such a strong squad and squandering it. So until something changes, I'm done. I have been embarrassed by them once too often now

I've lived in Herts for nearly 30 years, I'd plan visits back to see the folks around the home fixtures, Friday's have always been a bane, Thursdays even harder, usually 6-7 home league games plus tried to support the cup games and certainly a play-off game when on.

like you I went despite some of the rubbish over the years especially in the 90s and Agar years.

Currently listening to R.Hmberside and I can't believe some of the fans are saying it's not down to Radford, they are utterly delusional ffs!

Sorry Kirk Dixon but you are wrong, this is down to the coach!

This guy on the radio must be relayed to Radford or has no clue whatsoever about rugby/team sport/human psychology, what a muppet!

15 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Tell me who currently, or for the last 6 months isn't better than Shaul in SL at least at FB?

I agree.   My point is the criticism is of the appointed assistants who are supposed to be monitoring  the candidates.

Disappointed in Cas, there was 50 or 60 going begging there against a utter rabble. As for 'Ull  what do you say, is Kelly like one of those Russian doll's and if you unscrew him do you find Scott Murrell inside?

Radford gives the usual innane interview afterwards, if you watch the NRL there's a subtle change taking place in that teams are going for smaller more athletic back rows like Bateman, Whitehead, Victor Radley, Cameron Murray, Adam Chrighton whereas Radford has a big, slow, old pack and seems to be bringing in the same sort for next season.

Same again?

3 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Disappointed in Cas, there was 50 or 60 going begging there against a utter rabble. As for 'Ull  what do you say, is Kelly like one of those Russian doll's and if you unscrew him do you find Scott Murrell inside?

Radford gives the usual innane interview afterwards, if you watch the NRL there's a subtle change taking place in that teams are going for smaller more athletic back rows like Bateman, Whitehead, Victor Radley, Cameron Murray, Adam Chrighton whereas Radford has a big, slow, old pack and seems to be bringing in the same sort for next season.

Same again?

Not really sure how you can single out Kelly. One of the few that always gives his all. Doesn't always work for him, but he always tries. Didn't have a bad game at all tonight imo.

Good showing by Cas. Must win game and they did a tidy job. Wasteful at times mind, but in cruise control for most of the game.

Hull were abject. You wouldn't know they've been a top 5 side most of the season. For a second year in a row they seem to have quit on the season with a handful of games left.

If there's one Hull player I have sympathy for uts Shaul. Brilliant talent who always plays the game in the right spirit

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I feel I need to make an apology

In the past i have said that all Sneyd can do is kick, well it's obvious after tonight that he cant even do that

Sssnnnnneeeeyyyydddddd ???

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

12 minutes ago, MZH said:

Not really sure how you can single out Kelly. One of the few that always gives his all. Doesn't always work for him, but he always tries. Didn't have a bad game at all tonight imo.

I wasn't singling him out but his weight seems to yoyo and at the moment he's carrying enough timber to build a Ark, contrast him with his opposite number tonight.

You couldn't really say any F.C. player came out of that with any credit.

8 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I wasn't singling him out but his weight seems to yoyo and at the moment he's carrying enough timber to build a Ark, contrast him with his opposite number tonight.

You couldn't really say any F.C. player came out of that with any credit.

He was the only player you mentioned tbf. I felt like he had a decent game, and I like the look of Satae. Other than that there isn't much to be positive about. We are a mess.

12 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

If there's one Hull player I have sympathy for uts Shaul. Brilliant talent who always plays the game in the right spirit

Personally I think Shaul is one of our biggest issues. A great broken field runner and good defensively, but his link play is under 12s standard. We would look a more dangerous side with Connor or Kelly there imo.

3 minutes ago, MZH said:

Personally I think Shaul is one of our biggest issues. A great broken field runner and good defensively, but his link play is under 12s standard. We would look a more dangerous side with Connor or Kelly there imo.

He can improve at FB but i believe a new coach is required 

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Humberside commentators saying they feel sorry for Radford, that the attitude problem isn't down to him, oh ffs, of course it is, the players reflect what the coach is doing/not doing, especially when it's mental. You can be outdone skill wise and fitness level wise, but we've been tonked far too many times the last two seasons, we've been out-enthused too often, we've been mentally weak too often, we've lacked any nous too often, we've lacked any defensive structure/continue to make exactly the same errors year after year, made the same attacking errors too often, again, over years with no addressing the same old problems.

And not once has Radford put his hand up and said it's down to him, he's blamed the players, he's blamed injuries, he's even blamed the fans several times fgs!

Not walking through the turnstiles again until he's gone

Some good points, but as a Hull fan do you honestly think the Owner even knows what the ball is blown up with?

18 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

In an act of Solidarity I would like Radford to see out his contract. Only right thing to do.

Haha, Hull lose and you're as predictably pathetic as ever.

For what it's worth, I was not in the least bit unhappy with tonight's result.

Unlike you, I'm a realist and don't live in cloud cuckoo land about my team's abilities.

At least we won't be embarrassed in the play offs and aren't looking at relegation over our shoulder.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived