Fri 6th Sept : SL : Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 7:45pm

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Salford Red Devils

Discus the SL game between Leeds Rhinos and Salford Red Devils here.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salford and Ian Watson have done fantastic things this season in difficult circumstances. If I meant they can be in the top five I would happily take a defeat tomorrow given the Rhinos are safe.

Headingley is a graveyard for us and we are without a win there in ten years. But I do feel slightly more confident than usual and there is less pressure on after last week's win. If Hull win tonight the pressure will be even less. I think it will be an open and high scoring game but think/hope Salford will come out on top.

1 hour ago, LR23 said:

Headingley is a graveyard for us and we are without a win there in ten years. But I do feel slightly more confident than usual and there is less pressure on after last week's win. If Hull win tonight the pressure will be even less. I think it will be an open and high scoring game but think/hope Salford will come out on top.

But if Hull lose, that opens up 4th or even 3rd for us. But I wonder what extra hurdles we will have to overcome as is usual for us at Headingley.

Can’t wait to finally go to a game without feeling anxious! I obviously want us to win but I’ll take a good entertaining game and won’t be to disappointed to see Salford take it and have a good crack at the playoffs.

Agar on Sky pretty much confirmed he’ll get the Rhinos job - I might be in the minority of Rhinos fans but I think he’s the right choice at the moment, we have had so many changes in the last 18 months I think a bit of stability is what we need

The pressure is off and that's when I expect this Leeds team to perform at their best; notwithstanding a well coached and talented Salford side I hope Leeds will sign off with two wins.

I also would be happy for Agar to be coach for another year. We need stability to oversee the transition, not another new coach coming in with ideas at this stage.

I think Leeds after 3 out of 4 terrible seasons are playing steady as we go . Aim not to get involved in another relegation scrap next year . The bar is not very high , or is IT ? This off season and season 2020 are interesting.  I am not expecting Leeds to challenge for awhile yet 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

We need to play a long game. Four coaches in seventeen years followed by four coaches in ten months has been an unprecedented period of instability for Hetherington-era Leeds and we need to use next season and probably the one after to build a young team into challengers. Agar needs to fill the role Powell did in '01 to '03.

2 hours ago, John Boriston said:

Loiners, from your comments it looks as though you are more interested in next season than this and I think your team will be on the same wavelength tonight.

Oh I think a lot us are looking beyond next season ,it'll take more than next season 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

On 05/09/2019 at 15:01, Loiner said:

Salford and Ian Watson have done fantastic things this season in difficult circumstances. If I meant they can be in the top five I would happily take a defeat tomorrow given the Rhinos are safe.

Yeah I'm certainly glad just to see the back of this season to be honest. Salford will be up for this but I hope Leeds are up for putting on a show too. Personally I'd like to see Salford go far in the playoffs but would like to think our players weren't on holiday mode yet and recognise that they still need to win back the confidence of the fans.

Rhinos have snatched victory from us far too often for me ever to be confident at Headingley. We really owe Leeds a tonking at their place and this could be our year, but I shall be listening with trepidation. Salford by 15.

I hope!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

2 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Rhinos have snatched victory from us far too often for me ever to be confident at Headingley. We really owe Leeds a tonking at their place and this could be our year, but I shall be listening with trepidation. Salford by 15.

I hope!

Good luck whatever happens tonight hope you go on 

JAMIE PEACOCK

16 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Good luck whatever happens tonight hope you go on 

Thank you for that.

Leeds 0 - 10 Salford. Ktc.

Radio Manc not really keeping us up to date on the game at Headingley. The website is probably your best bet.

Just said Leeds 0 - 12 Salford.

3 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Leeds 0 - 10 Salford. Ktc.

Radio Manc not really keeping us up to date on the game at Headingley. The website is probably your best bet.

Just said Leeds 0 - 12 Salford.

I’m in Gran Canaria, and the only game I can get is Wire v Wakey. So just keeping up with the scores. Good start for the Reds.

Archived