Fri 6th Sept : SL : Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons KO 7:45 pm

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Catalans Dragons

Discuss the SL game between Wigan Warriors and Catalans Dragons here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

We must be more likely to win than not, but man for Catalans have a really strong squad and we are relying on our very young pack. We are “missing” in one way or another, Tautai, Hamlin, Flower, Bullock and Lockers from what was already a thin  pack squad. 

While we have been defying gravity recently, one of these days the fatigue will take its toll and we will fall over in a heap. 

14 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

We must be more likely to win than not, but man for Catalans have a really strong squad and we are relying on our very young pack. We are “missing” in one way or another, Tautai, Hamlin, Flower, Bullock and Lockers from what was already a thin  pack squad. 

While we have been defying gravity recently, one of these days the fatigue will take its toll and we will fall over in a heap. 

As we saw with Hull last night, it doesn't really matter how strong the squad is once the players heads have gone.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Catalans can raise their performance if their heads are in the game, but the bookies are most likely to be correct about this one.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 05/09/2019 at 15:10, Father Ted said:

Wigan should win this as the Catalans are in dreadful form although Sam Tomkins will be in their squad.

Interesting to see if Lam gives Harry Smith his first team debut. Smith does appear to be an outstanding talent. 

Wigan by 18.

Harry Smith starts on the bench tonight.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The real Catalans appear to have turned up. Nil all so far, but Wigan's defence under constant pressure.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Now 20-0. Hat trick for French against the French!

24:6 now. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wigan hit 30 points a few minutes back, with Leuluiai going over.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Smith's on for Wigan.

Smith's scored for Wigan.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

French sets up Sarginson, and Wigan hit 40.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Normal service from Catalans.

Not quite; they had a very dominant first 20 minutes. But then they couldn't score, while Wigan did... and the familiar old nonsense started up again.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived