7-8 Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

23 hours ago, tim2 said:

I assume you're a fully qualified official and have had a good look at the match video?

I don't think he's on his own in this opinion, Indeed given their experiences Fev fans are connoisseurs of ###### officials.  We started the regular season at Odsal with a try awarded against us that was anything but, and finished it with a perfectly good try chalked off.  (there have been several more including three at York the other week)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Yes, it sometimes looks like that. To be honest, he has been putting in a bit more effort recently re: tackling, the Dewsbury game I think his stats were 3 times more tackling than average...so that would be 3 then (actually 15 but that has less comedic effect). He normally looks like he's strolling around the pitch in a dinner jacket.

Watched the Widnes TO game a few weeks ago and I don't know who was more surprised me or the Widnes players when he ran the ball from AHB inside his own 20 - the Widnes players were clearly stunned as he made a fair bit of ground!

54 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I don't think he's on his own in this opinion, Indeed given their experiences Fev fans are connoisseurs of ###### officials.  We started the regular season at Odsal with a try awarded against us that was anything but, and finished it with a perfectly good try chalked off.  (there have been several more including three at York the other week)

That'd be those 3 tries that weren't actually tries then ?

22 minutes ago, JonT said:

That'd be those 3 tries that weren't actually tries then ?

One was debatable two we dropped ball we lost we moved on won and lost again, start all over again at Leigh which should be easy because the Leigh fans are saying so lol ? ?

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

Just to be clear, 2 'tries' that you didn't score because you dropped the ball before (not) scoring were, in fact, disallowed tries?  The ref is ##### (is that the correct spelling?) because he didn't award 2 'non' tries that weren't scored? ?

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not many Fax fans would have predicted anything different.

York had 2 physically very demanding games away at Leigh last Sunday and home to Fev the week before and had very little left in the tank.  With Toulouse' win yesterday leaving York little incentive to win this, they were ripe for the taking. 

As it is, York have only lost 2 league games since 18th May; once against Toulouse and once against Toronto.

Little York. 

The best English team outside Super League. 

The best part-time team in England. 

8 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

York had 2 physically very demanding games away at Leigh last Sunday and home to Fev the week before and had very little left in the tank.  With Toulouse' win yesterday leaving York little incentive to win this, they were ripe for the taking. 

As it is, York have only lost 2 league games since 18th May; once against Toulouse and once against Toronto.

Little York. 

Results are results 

44 minutes ago, gavin7094 said:

Little York. 

One of the best English coaches. He'll be on the SL radar.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

11 hours ago, gavin7094 said:

Little York. 

I totally agree they were there for the taking but even having a bit of an off day against a Fax team that actually wanted to play if only for the players leaving and to still win is a good result. York are the best team we have played in my opinion aside from Toronto and I wouldnt be at all surprised if they make the final. Its a 3 horse race for me with 4th and 5th just there for a day out.

Can't wait for the play offs to start, it's mouthwatering. 

Any team can beat each other. 

Fascinating clip of 1/2 decisions that didn't quite go Featherstone's way. Thought Toulouse played really well to get back in and dominate the match from 18 down. They are a good team that play some lovely rugby. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Great to see Matty Ashton help Swinton to a great final ever win against Sheffield, his 5 tries make him the Championships top try scorer.

There have been 1585 tries scored this year in the Championship, at an average of 8.38 per game.

104 Home wins, 74 Away wins 4 Draws, and 7 Neutral wins for 189 games in total.

Top team try scorers, unsurprisingly, were Toronto with 191 Tries.

3 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Can't wait for the play offs to start, it's mouthwatering. 

Any team can beat each other. 

Fascinating clip of 1/2 decisions that didn't quite go Featherstone's way. Thought Toulouse played really well to get back in and dominate the match from 18 down. They are a good team that play some lovely rugby. 

I’m not sure the point of posting this. At full speed it’s very difficult to determine and clearly he’s seen some loss of ball control. 

The ref doesn’t have a slow mo replay to assist him. 

So the ref made a mistake, do we have to magnify it all the time? What about the hundreds of mistakes the other 34 people made on the pitch?

15 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I’m not sure the point of posting this. At full speed it’s very difficult to determine and clearly he’s seen some loss of ball control. 

The ref doesn’t have a slow mo replay to assist him. 

So the ref made a mistake, do we have to magnify it all the time? What about the hundreds of mistakes the other 34 people made on the pitch?

Do ref's not speak to touch judges anymore? He was in a much better position. 

The point of this post - was firstly to say the game was outstanding, could have gone either way. Toulouse are a brilliant attacking team, and for 50 minutes made Featherstone struggle to even score a point. 

Secondly, this disallowed try, along with the one at full time has had a huge baring on final league standings. 

11 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Do ref's not speak to touch judges anymore? He was in a much better position. 

The point of this post - was firstly to say the game was outstanding, could have gone either way. Toulouse are a brilliant attacking team, and for 50 minutes made Featherstone struggle to even score a point. 

Secondly, this disallowed try, along with the one at full time has had a huge baring on final league standings. 

Looks like I’ll have to repeat my first post again. 

I’m not sure the point of posting this. At full speed it’s very difficult to determine and clearly he’s seen some loss of ball control. 

The ref or Touch Judge don’t have a slow mo replay to assist them

So the ref/TJ made a mistake, do we have to magnify it all the time? What about the hundreds of mistakes the other 34 people made on the pitch which also will have had a huge bearing on the game? Or the thousands and thousands of errors in the other 26 games combined which have a huge bearing on the final league standings?

9 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Looks like I’ll have to repeat my first post again. 

I’m not sure the point of posting this. At full speed it’s very difficult to determine and clearly he’s seen some loss of ball control. 

The ref or Touch Judge don’t have a slow mo replay to assist them

So the ref/TJ made a mistake, do we have to magnify it all the time? What about the hundreds of mistakes the other 34 people made on the pitch which also will have had a huge bearing on the game? Or the thousands and thousands of errors in the other 26 games combined which have a huge bearing on the final league standings?

Sorry for sharing my opinion on a public forum. 

2 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Sorry for sharing my opinion on a public forum. 

You’re fully entitled to your opinion, I just don’t think there’s anything constructive from ref/TJ bashing, particularly from something which was so hard to call at normal speed and it also masks the hundreds and hundreds of other in play factors and mistakes which equally contribute to the result.

Sadly as a society, we seem very keen to find a scapegoat for everything, and refs/TJs are an easy target 

40 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

You’re fully entitled to your opinion, I just don’t think there’s anything constructive from ref/TJ bashing, particularly from something which was so hard to call at normal speed and it also masks the hundreds and hundreds of other in play factors and mistakes which equally contribute to the result.

Sadly as a society, we seem very keen to find a scapegoat for everything, and refs/TJs are an easy target 

but you can see the ball being touched down unfortunately for FEV  the ref couldn't see  and because the ball came lose disallowed the try what you can't see is when it's scored the linesman who's in a better position than the ref runs behind the try line signalling to the ref in his opinion it was a try instead of going with his lines man call he decided to make his own decision  on something he couldn't see poor judgement 

13 minutes ago, POR said:

but you can see the ball being touched down unfortunately for FEV  the ref couldn't see  and because the ball came lose disallowed the try what you can't see is when it's scored the linesman who's in a better position than the ref runs behind the try line signalling to the ref in his opinion it was a try instead of going with his lines man call he decided to make his own decision  on something he couldn't see poor judgement 

easy for you to say.

18 hours ago, Trojan said:

Conspiracy against York making sure Toulouse get a home tie

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

What is it with a section of Fev. fans? the vast majority of their fans are true R.L. fans and accept defeat knowing that decisions even out over the season, yet we have a few on this forum from Fev. who can not accept this. Only recently we have one complaining about a decision that went against them in the first game of the season.Is it any wonder that the club has a few imbeciles when one idiot posts garbage every time they lose.They need to grow up or keep away from the club and let them keep progressing without the idiots holding them back after every game they lose.

1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

You know it! 

I don't any team would have a fancied a trip to York in the play offs to be fair. 

Toulouse beat York at Bootham Crescent this season so I don't think they would have been too bothered having to go and play at York. Mind you, TO have been beaten by Swinton and Bradford at home so it's not a given that they will win either.

Archived