7-8 Sept: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

32 minutes ago, Rach said:

Seriously ??

My lad from a heartlands club due to university commitments h has played all over the 'expansion game ' over the past three years  and as spectators we've loved every min .At clubs aways from the heartlands the playing strength is always going to be fluid dependent on' traditional' players who may have moved for work or education or on local produced players who may or may not make the grade as Pro's  .

The Fev standing joke that you could call down a pit head and find a new prop is evidently not going to work in Wood Green , Coventry or Llanelli but yet we suddenly expect our expansion clubs to be competitive ..why ??\

So Londonfan whilst I appreciate your support over the years  ..tell us how the Skolars can grow , without resorting to name calling ...??

Lots of players missing today and season going out on a whimper. like most games this season we were in it for a half. its been a season of some good things and Londonfan has a point its mostly been disappointing especially with the extra money. The 20s has been great tho and should help skolars generate more local players. 2 debut today including one 17 year old who looks great. the reserve league will hit us hard i think and as Rach quite rightly points out the player pool is small and its just got much smaller. 

Londonfan i am sure skolars board and staff would love some more help around the place and investment if you want to help out. Some of the guys like hector has played at the club, coached it and sunk hundreds of thousands of pounds into it over the last 25 years so not sure what else they can do. I'm sure they would be happy for any help tho

8 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

How many of this Coventry side played in their wins against Newcastle and Workington? Are they missing loads of players? 

Whitehaven have been great but Coventry aren’t at the races. 

Lots of players missing due to injury but sadly the Bears weren't up to it today. Played like a team whose season was over. Well done to Whitehaven though who were superb today

27 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Something that I forgot to mention about the Crusaders' game was that we had a young lady linesperson who gave a competent performance.

Is this not the reason the term "lino" was introduced, to avoid any form of gender discrimination?? 

...or is it just reserved for the blind/deaf/generally useless ones we've seen in Wrexham over the years?? ?

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

Is this not the reason the term "lino" was introduced, to avoid any form of gender discrimination?? 

...or is it just reserved for the blind/deaf/generally useless ones we've seen in Wrexham over the years?? ?

Touchie seems all encompassing now !

Archived