Toulouse Olympique

audois

300 attended clubs Garden Party organised by their Business Club last night. Here Club Chairman Bernard Sarrazain with the Toulouse Mayor. Play of the Year Award to backrower Con Mika and Young Player Award to centre Mathieu Jussaume.

EDpaU2DWsAAMICk.jpg

EDrpP8lWkAATfRj.jpg

EDplbkbWwAAaRN0.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

53 minutes ago, audois said:

300 attended clubs Garden Party organised by their Buiness Club last night. Here Club Chairman Bernard Sarrazain with the Toulouse Mayor. Play of the Year Award to backrower Con Mika and Young Player Award to centre Mathieu Jussaume.

EDpaU2DWsAAMICk.jpg

EDrpP8lWkAATfRj.jpg

EDplbkbWwAAaRN0.jpg

Con Mika is a well deserved choice for player of the year. He's been outstanding. He must be eligible for the France national team by now, if I was Cologni I'd be moving heaven and earth to get him to switch. 

They seem, at least from this side of the Channel, to be a well run club with sustainability and building things slowly in mind and they look as though they’re building impressively.

In some ways, they’ve been unlucky having some clubs who’ve thrown money at their clubs alongside them like Leigh and Toronto over the past few years. I think they’ll be hoping for Toronto to go up and probably London to come down to give them the best chance of promotion next year, if they don’t achieve it this year.

3 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueMan said:

This is the calibre of business events that the newly renamed Manchester Lions need to embrace.

100%, Manchester need to get out the blocks really well and make a good start. This is a great example of how to engage with the business community. 

I like TO and what they’re doing but their crowds are so low (often sub 2k) that I don’t share many people’s optimism that they’re the great hope for SL. I can’t see them even averaging 5,000 in SL if they went up next season (though I’d love to be proved wrong), they already have very well established football and Union teams in the city. 

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I like TO and what they’re doing but their crowds are so low (often sub 2k) that I don’t share many people’s optimism that they’re the great hope for SL. I can’t see them even averaging 5,000 in SL if they went up next season (though I’d love to be proved wrong), they already have very well established football and Union teams in the city. 

I've been to Toulouse probably half a dozen times now to watch Leigh and the visibility of the club - and indeed RL as a whole - is pretty low, other than anyone who reads the scarves and flags in the Melting Pot. However, I do wonder how much of this is due to playing at Blagnac rather than in the city itself, along with the lack of forward planning that they were able to do with the uncertainty over the ground redevelopment at Minimes. Now that they have a plan with moving to Ernest-Wallon, it would be great to see their Championship crowds progress and increase the game's profile in the area.

13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I've been to Toulouse probably half a dozen times now to watch Leigh and the visibility of the club - and indeed RL as a whole - is pretty low, other than anyone who reads the scarves and flags in the Melting Pot. However, I do wonder how much of this is due to playing at Blagnac rather than in the city itself, along with the lack of forward planning that they were able to do with the uncertainty over the ground redevelopment at Minimes. Now that they have a plan with moving to Ernest-Wallon, it would be great to see their Championship crowds progress and increase the game's profile in the area.

I didn’t realise they currently play outside the city, if that’s the case then yes hopefully they can pick up a few Union fans keen for something to watch in their close season. 

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I didn’t realise they currently play outside the city, if that’s the case then yes hopefully they can pick up a few Union fans keen for something to watch in their close season. 

It's close to the airport and probably only about 5 miles out of the city centre but out of sight, out of mind seemed to be the impression I got.

There was a great article in the Guardian about Toulouse within the last few days.

It stated that 600 local sponsors help fund the club. Awesome to see they don’t rely on one wealthy backer.

With that kind of corporate support in the championship i’ve no doubt they could be a hit in Super League.

They have arguably more potential than Catalans. I’d like to see them given the same 3 year exemption from relegation that the Dragons got. 

52 minutes ago, Cdd said:

There was a great article in the Guardian about Toulouse within the last few days.

It stated that 600 local sponsors help fund the club. Awesome to see they don’t rely on one wealthy backer.

With that kind of corporate support in the championship i’ve no doubt they could be a hit in Super League.

They have arguably more potential than Catalans. I’d like to see them given the same 3 year exemption from relegation that the Dragons got. 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/no-helmets-required/2019/sep/04/toulouse-olympique-rugby-league-super-league 

3 hours ago, RugbyLeagueMan said:

This is the calibre of business events that the newly renamed Manchester Lions need to embrace.

Although great to see TO getting more local exposure, soirees are pretty commonplace in France.  

But the model of ‘convivialitee’ might be lost in Manchester.  The French can drink, dance, eat and talk without getting out of hand under drink.  British events of a similar nature would normally end up in a knuckle fest.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Although great to see TO getting more local exposure, soirees are pretty commonplace in France.  

But the model of ‘convivialitee’ might be lost in Manchester.  The French can drink, dance, eat and talk without getting out of hand under drink.  British events of a similar nature would normally end up in a knuckle fest.

I am sure the French example of hospitality could be embraced in the Cheetham Hill and Strangeways areas!

1 hour ago, burnleywelsh said:

HMP Strangeways changed its name to HMP Manchester.......I think attendances rose there as well........ a precedent has been set ?

Everton are changing their name to Liverpool apparently, to try to increase attendances. 

Here TO coach Sylvain Houles along with the Villeneuve/Lot Elite 1 Coaches Fabien Devecchi (lft)and David Despin(rt) - two famous names from the past when 'The Green Academy' ruled the roost in France. The former also turned out for the Chemics.

EDw3pHHUYAAhX0R.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

TO Chairman Bernard Sarrazain invited to Ernest Wallon Saturday by Stade Toulousain boss Didier Lacroix for their opening Top 14 fixture against Paris'Racing 92  New hybrid pitch looks OK. Will this be a first for rugby league in our competitions?

ED-I0RuWsAAYEox.jpg

1 hour ago, audois said:

TO Chairman Bernard Sarrazain invited to Ernest Wallon Saturday by Stade Toulousain boss Didier Lacroix for their opening Top 14 fixture against Paris'Racing 92  New hybrid pitch looks OK. Will this be a first for rugby league in our competitions?

ED-I0RuWsAAYEox.jpg

I'm not sure about first ever but probably first for a teams home ground. Twickenham has a hybrid but not sure whether that was in place for the CCFs when they were there. 

Archived