MP's update on Stadium

silverfox

So the totally out of touch and incompetent council have been shown up for what they are:- a bunch of idiots. That letter and it's contents just exposes the lack of ability this council have. Excuses about non commitment of Sellafield and the NHS have proved to be grossly inaccurate. Come clean you self serving shower. I doubt you will though.

So basically the independents have sold the area out to spite the previous council, and that's the only real reason. How utterly pathetic and disgusting that there put there own moronic little grievances ahead of the well being of the area they are supposed to represent. 

1 hour ago, rockerlad said:

1st of all they said it was the cost

2nd it was the lack off tennants

then yesterday on the radio it was the time scales involved.

incompetent independents.

Exactly, we've been lied to for months. Once in lifetime opportunity ruined by personal and political agendas.  Surely some kind of inquiry should be held.  1.4 million allegedly spent on the scheme. 

Absolutely scandalous. 

Getting any meaningful response from this bunch of saboteurs is unlikely. The Fat Controller seems to be hiding in the engine shed and I seriously doubt that Allerdale's First Lady has the political nouse to deal with these revelations. In reality it should result in a malfeasance in public office investigation. Sadly ,even if these buffoons are forced from office it is too late to salvage anything from the carnage that they have caused.   

Yep , just looking at the ecstatic response in the press from those in newcastle at getting our WC games brought it home . As did the continued disappointment ( totally justified ) from Jon Dutton .  People responsible for taking all that away and the continuing benefits , and our demeaned stature among the powers that be should hang their heads in shame and be remembered for a long time . That stain will linger among those handing out big games in the future 

THIS EXECUTIVE ARE A DISGRACEFUL INCOMPETENT BUNCH WHO HAVE TAKEN GREAT PLEASURE OUT OF RUINING PROBABLY THE BEST COMMUNITY INITIATIVE CREATED FOR WEST CUMBRIA ALL BECAUSE OF POLITICAL AGENDA . YOU CAN READ INTO COMMENTS FROM MR  JENKINSON AND MR STODDART THAT THEIR DISLIKE OF MR FRYER AND MR SMITH IS DEEP AND IN NO WAY SHOULD THIS HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE WHEN LOOKING INTO THE PROJECT IF THEY DID THAT IS . I AM NOT POLITICAL IN MY VIEWS BUT WOULD WONDER AND DID AT THE TIME HOW A DECISION COULD BE MADE SO QUICKLY ON SOMETHING SO IMPORTANT AND NOT LISTENING TO THE COUNCILS OWN FINANCIAL PEOPLE WHO MUST HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR A GOOD WHILE .THEY SAID IT WAS VIABLE ! .THEY GAVE FIGURES WHICH SEEM TO HAVE BEEN IGNORED OR MISUNDERSTOOD ESPECIALLY BY MRS MARION FITZGERALD WHO ACCORDING TO HER CLAIMS HAS MADE A SAVING OF £95M.WELL YOUVE DONE A GOOD JOB EXECUTIVE COUNCIL, WASTED AN OPPORTUNITY TO PUT WEST CUMBRIA AND WORKINGTON ON THE MAP WORKINGTON REDS GROUND IS A DISGRACE  WORKINGTON TOWN GROUND IS NOT MUCH BETTER ALL YOU SEE IN THE PAPERS IS ABOUT THE DRUGGY PROBLEM IN WORKINGTON YOUVE   CAUSED CHAOS WITH THE VERY EXPENSIVE BIN FIASCO OH YOU HAVE PICKED UP RUBBISH IN MOORCLOSE WELL DONE FOR THAT BUT IT WAS PROBABLY CAUSED BY THE SEAGULLS PECKING THE OVERFILLED BINS THAT HAVE BEEN LEFT .A NEW STADIUM WAS THE ANSWER, A WORLD CUP IN WORKINGTON WHAT HAVE WE GOT NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! 

10 hours ago, Red Arrow said:

What a biased piece of reporting!

Allerdale do not have an extra £5,000,000 to spend, they have an approved borrowing limit (for the purpose of building a stadium) which they can now borrow for something else. That’s like me getting a mortgage approved and saying that I have a couple of hundred grand to spend because I’ve decided not to buy a house.

Even after the stadium plan was cancelled its a fact that the RFL went back to Allerdale and said the games would remain locally if they could guarantee something with sufficient capacity and that offer was dismissed. Sellafield were nailed on as a tenant.

I think the "potentially buying 4000 tickets that dont exist" claim needs an explanation also.

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Can jenkinson not be held accountable for spreading absolute rubbish and trying to pass it off as fact? The local newspapers seem to be complicit in this happening too. Is there any decent journalists that could investigate his nonsense claims at Cumbrian newspapers?

Allerdale is now a laughing stock.

16 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

My reading of that comment is that we are going to get a 4000 capacity Stadium if ever they decide to build one ( and I still seriously doubt that will happen ).

The RFL would be expecting 3 sell out crowds of 8000 in the new Stadium so were probably holding the Council to that figure for Ticket Sales in any new Stadium.

Id rather not have a stadium with a 4k capacity.

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

The ignorant cretin knows he and his pathetic cronies have been found out now, no doubt he will just continue to block anyone on social media who makes him look the idiot he actually is.....which is probably pretty much everyone. I like there latest stunt, Workington is in the running for UP TO £25m funding from the government. Incredibly some muppets have actually fallen for it and believe him. Well I have some magic beans to sell them, they will make you rich, honest....

Archived