So it's Squeaky Bum Friday then....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

It's a difficult one though. You can either see one game at the ground, or parts 5 on TV.

If I were Hull, I'd be looking to screen the game on the big screen at the same time to get fans into the ground and off their sofas.

If I were Hull FC, I'd be looking at putting anything on the big screen to tempt people into the ground.

There's not much on the bloody pitch to tempt them.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

23 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

If I were Hull FC, I'd be looking at putting anything on the big screen to tempt people into the ground.

There's not much on the bloody pitch to tempt them.

Especially if Cas beat Wigan. It'll literally be the only dead rubber of the week.

In that situation, only a 60 point shallacking and a Radford sacking will make it worthwhile.

I feel I'm going to be disappointed this weekend ?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

I think the Hull FC game should also have been moved to Thursday too, so that both they and Cas play at the same time. It would have made sense to have the play off battle on Thursday and relegation decider on Friday.

Well, it would have made sense to schedule all games on the Friday night way in advance, perhaps too much sense for rugby league! I'm nervous for the Friday games and I don't even support any of the teams (but I will be sad to lose whoever drops out).

Who knows, it may a damp squib if Wakefield are beating London comfortably, and Wakefield have improved in recent weeks. Or, it could be mayhem if London do what they have done all season and win when it matters and pull it out of the bag when nobody thinks they can do ti.

21 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I think the Hull FC game should also have been moved to Thursday too, so that both they and Cas play at the same time. It would have made sense to have the play off battle on Thursday and relegation decider on Friday.

Battle?!?! Are you serious?

If they keep splitting the screening of Wigan v Cas whenever a try is scored by Saints over in Hull, you'll see more of that game than the one at Pie eater Park.

It's a good job that I'm not at work on Friday as i would be spending all night sat by the radio doing no work at all. I have calmed down a bit from last night but we are capable of going to Salford and getting a win but whether we will I'm not sure and of course London won both games against Wakefield so far. It is going to be so tense! Huddersfield will beat Catalans so it will be Rovers, Wakefield or London for the drop.

40 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Battle?!?! Are you serious?

If they keep splitting the screening of Wigan v Cas whenever a try is scored by Saints over in Hull, you'll see more of that game than the one at Pie eater Park.

If Cas lose on Thursday, surely to god Hull FC will put up some kind of effort next week? Their fate would be completely in their own hands. They may not win, but they must put up a fight? If not, then I would be furious as a Hull FC fan.

24 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

If Cas lose on Thursday, surely to god Hull FC will put up some kind of effort next week? Their fate would be completely in their own hands. They may not win, but they must put up a fight? If not, then I would be furious as a Hull FC fan.

I think most of us have passed the furious stage.

We're kind of in the "Resigned to the inevitable" state of mind.

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

And just as importantly with Relegation comes Promotion, the Championship is a great comp and it is also providing enough interest for Sky to screen all the play off games.

I agree, the solution is not to get rid of the exciting jeopardy that P&R provides, but to strengthen the Championship so that dropping down isn't the end of the world.  

20 hours ago, ojx said:

I agree, the solution is not to get rid of the exciting jeopardy that P&R provides, but to strengthen the Championship so that dropping down isn't the end of the world.  

The only way to make dropping down more palatable is to have more promotion spots as we did in the 80s

1 hour ago, Lobbygobbler said:

The only way to make dropping down more palatable is to have more promotion spots as we did in the 80s

Personally I like the idea of 2 spots for p&r:

1st championship auto promo (bottom SL down)

Old super 8esq style (or current playoff style) for the second spot with the second last in SL thrown in With 2-5 from the champ.

Will never happen though, I think it's an interesting way to do it!

22 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Will Wakefield and Salford be playing at sold out stadiums with record tv ratings?

If not it’s hard to justify relegation 

Well they have just had to bring forward their matches from Sunday to Friday with 6 days notice. Does any club sell out a stadium for a home match v London? Still I would guess the ratings will be high once sky get around to announcing the match they will show (which I presume will be Wakey v London),

22 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Will Wakefield and Salford be playing at sold out stadiums with record tv ratings?

That literally makes no sense whatsoever

I watched a CC Final the other week with 30,000 empty seats. Does that make it 'hard to justify' the Cup Final taking place?

How many of the SL Play Off games will be played in 'sold out stadiums'? So do we get rid of the play offs?

How many SL games have been sell outs this season?

Heck, even the Grand Final wasn't played in a 'sold out stadium' last year...

On 07/09/2019 at 09:31, Spidey said:

Wigan v Castleford is the Thursday Sky game

Yeah who wants to know about that one on plain old normal Thursday?

Getting upset when someone brings something from outside the thread is a fantastic example of the kettle and the pot though.?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

36 minutes ago, Lobbygobbler said:

There are some good teams in the championship more deserving of SL than Wakey, Fartown etc.

No, they are good and just as deseving but not more so ... it's called bias if you're interested. But at least it's the right way for bias to work though.

And deserving they may be but earning your place there by winning the competition to get there might have more traction and substance. What do you think?

And what do you reckon will be the outcome of SQBF?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 07/09/2019 at 14:19, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Pretty lame one that Kev, if Salford were playing for the top position they would not get many more 'home' fans through the gate, sad but that is a fact, I have been to the A J Bell a dozen or so times in the last three seasons and I know it to be true, on the other hand if your club was still in the dogfight and their last game to secure SL status was at Headingley I would wager there would be 15,000 there, do you disagree?

Don't avoid the question, answer it honestly, please.

3 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

Personally I like the idea of 2 spots for p&r:

1st championship auto promo (bottom SL down)

Old super 8esq style (or current playoff style) for the second spot with the second last in SL thrown in With 2-5 from the champ.

Will never happen though, I think it's an interesting way to do it!

I've said this since they said they were dropping the S8s. The one thing most people loved about that system was the SL clubs playing the Championship clubs. It drew a lot of interest. 

One thing people criticise about the playoffs is that the team at the top don't get that reward for hammering the league all year.

Kill two birds with one stone - to goes straight up, playoffs involving the rest and SL's 2nd bottom in place of top.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived