Jake Connor

DoubleD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, DavidM said:

Maybe he’d go down under ?

I would think the only one who would think about it would be WB or maybe Ricky Stuart.  Based on current form, Connor is very lucky to be in the GB squad and his attitude just isn’t right.

Come to think of it, I don’t think Stuart would take a gamble.

54 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I would think the only one who would think about it would be WB or maybe Ricky Stuart.  Based on current form, Connor is very lucky to be in the GB squad and his attitude just isn’t right.

Come to think of it, I don’t think Stuart would take a gamble.

Holbrook might want to take him to the Titans . That’ll teach him to wanna leave Hull 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Holbrook might want to take him to the Titans . That’ll teach him to wanna leave Hull 

Connor could be anything, but he might end up regretting that he didn’t knuckle down.  The trouble could be that he’s good in several positions.  

1 hour ago, northamptoncougar said:

I can’t understand why Leeds would break the bank and go for Trueman, that kid is special, he’s only 20 and has no injury baggage.

Good as he is, organising, game management and leadership arent Truemans strong points and this point in his carear.  Gale has these in abundance and is what Leeds need.

20 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

I personally think it's his best position 

Yep I think he'd excell and would be far harder for opponents to deal with, it's easier to take his space away at centre (thought JSL, Blair and Trueman did a great job on our left edge minimising his threat, bearing in mind he and Kelly tore us apart there last time).

From a Hull perspective I think he'd be a far better option than Shaul for you.  Shauls a bit one dimensional imo and plays seem to stop too often when he gets the ball.  A dynamic player like Connor would create a lot more chances.

Is he simply in need of a new club to take him oyt of his comfort zone so that he might focus on his game rather than other things.

I think he's better at center too and needs a starting spot and consistent game time.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

13 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Yep I think he'd excell and would be far harder for opponents to deal with, it's easier to take his space away at centre (thought JSL, Blair and Trueman did a great job on our left edge minimising his threat, bearing in mind he and Kelly tore us apart there last time).

From a Hull perspective I think he'd be a far better option than Shaul for you.  Shauls a bit one dimensional imo and plays seem to stop too often when he gets the ball.  A dynamic player like Connor would create a lot more chances.

Agree!! Shaul hasn't got a pass in him, all the best fb nowadays have that pass in them. Shaul does stop and runs up blind alleys. 

On 07/09/2019 at 08:17, Old Frightful said:

I've no idea whether or not there is any truth in what Carney spouted but I would be gutted if Connor left Hull FC. For all the somewhat unnecessary stuff that he carries around with him, he's the most naturally gifted footballer I think I've ever seen at my club. He can carry off things with ease that most others can only dream about.

He's contracted with Hull for the next two seasons so it would cost a lot of money to prise him away.

And I doubt very much that Adam Pearson would consider letting him sign for Leeds, he seems to have an almost pathological hatred of the Hetheringtons following their alleged poaching of Luke Briscoe and alleged failing to mention alleged financial irregularities at the club which cost him a lot of money when Kath moved out.

I hate to say it, mate, but I think Connor is more part of the problem than the solution at the moment, despite his indisputable talent.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Was told on Friday that Cas have approached Saints about signing Danny Richardson for 2020, so the Gale to Leeds rumour could well be true.

Personally I wouldn't be too bothered if Richardson left - even though he's had limited opportunities this year he's not impressed at all when he's been given a shot. Plus the way Welsby has played this year and the rise of  17 year old Lewis Dodd in the U19's, I think Richardson could find himself even further down the pecking order next year.

As for Connor - wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. For every good thing he does he'll have numerous bad ones, from poor discipline to games where he's completely uninterested.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

35 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Was told on Friday that Cas have approached Saints about signing Danny Richardson for 2020, so the Gale to Leeds rumour could well be true.

Personally I wouldn't be too bothered if Richardson left - even though he's had limited opportunities this year he's not impressed at all when he's been given a shot. Plus the way Welsby has played this year and the rise of  17 year old Lewis Dodd in the U19's, I think Richardson could find himself even further down the pecking order next year.

As for Connor - wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. For every good thing he does he'll have numerous bad ones, from poor discipline to games where he's completely uninterested.

Do you think Welsby will end up at stand off? 

He looked pretty shaky under the high ball at full back at times

11 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Do you think Welsby will end up at stand off? 

He looked pretty shaky under the high ball at full back at times

He played virtually all his junior rugby at 6. Its only since he moved into the 1st team that they've played him at FB.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 08/09/2019 at 11:42, Gates1 said:

For me Connor is a centre full stop. OK he got "marked out" of a game (which others should then be exploiting the space because of). And this is why I really dont understand the Fonua signing as great as he was for us as we seem to have an abundance of outside backs. Dont get me wrong Connor can have a good game in the halves or full back - he wasn't bad for England v NZ I seem to recall! - just no consistency and needs the freedom and less responsibility of centre I feel. Its from centre he seems to release those crazy balls he has no right to deliver.

I dont think I have ever seen Shaul stop when he gets the ball. Constantly working along the line looking for a gap. Problem is he does not seem to be making those breaks through which he seemed to make every other game in previous years. I would like to see the stats from Shaul for the last 3 or 4 years to compare. If you watch Shaul what he does do is constantly talk and organize the defensive line - you could of course make a case for that's not actually going too well - but cant see Connor doing that.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

I'd have Connor at Wigan like a shot. 

Connor & Hardaker that would be 'interesting' to say the least, why not go the whole hog and bring in Kenny Edwards and Rangi Chase as well????

On 07/09/2019 at 20:49, Barry Badrinath said:

Its weird actually when you think about hull, theyve got both connor and tuimivave who flit between  centre and stand off and neither seem to nail down either position.

They couls do with some out n out centres 

Tbf I can't remember the last time Tuimavave played 6. He played there in 2016, but I'm not sure he has done it since. Possibly once or twice when injuries have been bad.

Fonua will be a starting centre next year I imagine.

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

I'd have Connor at Wigan like a shot. 

Yes, you would think so John, but he's seemed troubled for some time now, maybe Agent earache, maybe whatever, but he isn't too big for Hull.  If he's upsetting things they'll sell him no bother.

I just hope he realises he has the skills to go down as a legend at Hull and shows what he can do this weekend.

Archived