Which club would suffer most from relegation?

DoubleD

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realistically Wakefield and Huddersfield have big question marks for me. London and KR have been down recently and been relatively fine as far as I can see. Hudds at least have a v wealthy backer and good facilities, Wakefield could drop into terminal decline unless the fanbase rallies around. If I wasn't on holiday I'd go down to Belle Vue for that cracker. Now does anyone know a Bar in Riga that shows Super League?

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Now does anyone know a Bar in Riga that shows Super League?

https://www.inyourpocket.com/riga/nightlife/sports-bars

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

48 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Out of the 4 possible clubs, I would think Wakefield might struggle the most. Without a wealthy backer, I think they would be most vulnerable and may struggle to come straight back up. It might also kibosh their stadium plans

Wakey will beat London which will insure that they, the Giants and the Robins will be in Super League next season.

Huddersfield are only viable for as long as Davy is interested. Of the four clubs involved, I suspect that they have the highest cost base. If Davy decides that he is no longer interested, I'd worry for them. They've probably got the biggest wage bill of the four, they probably have the biggest stadium costs of the four and they have a small fan base that has become used to cheap tickets - not a good mix. 

London have probably budgeted for Championship RL and both Wakefield and Hull KR could probably scale their clubs down to an appropriate level (HKR have had to do this before, whilst Carter is a pretty ruthless cost-cutter). 

In short, I think Huddersfield would be the hardest hit club. 

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Wakey will beat London which will insure that they, the Giants and the Robins will be in Super League next season.

Well, Hull KR probably thought that last night...

And London have already tanked Wakefield twice this season...

So I wouldn't be all that confident if I was a Wakefield supporter.

3 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I don’t think so. I’ve always thought Hull KR would go down and my view still hasn’t changed on that

9 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

The Robins play the Red Devils the final game of the season and i expect the Red Devils to put out a weakened side, plus Wakey will beat London

Don't expect Salford to do anything but go flat out to secure their highest spot.

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

Out of the 4 possible clubs, I would think Wakefield might struggle the most. Without a wealthy backer, I think they would be most vulnerable and may struggle to come straight back up. It might also kibosh their stadium plans

We should not have relegation!

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Stag weekend? I haven’t been there since 2003 and presumably it’s changed a fair bit but what a night out Riga is, you’re in for a quality time ?? ?

Nah just a few students going before term starts/birthday! Got train down to London, flights and accommodation for 3 nights for 130 odd quid so can't go wrong really.

58 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

The Robins play the Red Devils the final game of the season and i expect the Red Devils to put out a weakened side, plus Wakey will beat London

Why?!

They're chasing the top 3, which guarantees an extra life in the play offs. That's a huge incentive. They're only 13 points behind on PD and Warrington play Leeds.

If anything, they'll be out to put a score on Rovers so they can pip Warrington even if they win, which should be even more worrying for them.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Why?!

They're chasing the top 3, which guarantees an extra life in the play offs. That's a huge incentive. They're only 13 points behind on PD and Warrington play Leeds.

If anything, they'll be out to put a score on Rovers so they can pip Warrington even if they win, which should be even more worrying for them.

I don't think the Red Devils will want to avoid injuries before the play offs and will rest some players

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

I don't think the Red Devils will want to avoid injuries before the play offs and will rest some players

Don't agree. I think they'll want to go in on form with their momentum. A week off could stifle that.

That top 3 spot could give them a rest technically!

1 hour ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Huddersfield are only viable for as long as Davy is interested. Of the four clubs involved, I suspect that they have the highest cost base. If Davy decides that he is no longer interested, I'd worry for them. They've probably got the biggest wage bill of the four, they probably have the biggest stadium costs of the four and they have a small fan base that has become used to cheap tickets - not a good mix. 

London have probably budgeted for Championship RL and both Wakefield and Hull KR could probably scale their clubs down to an appropriate level (HKR have had to do this before, whilst Carter is a pretty ruthless cost-cutter). 

In short, I think Huddersfield would be the hardest hit club. 

I understand that KD has provided for the future of Huddersfield even if he is no longer around.

Wish again.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I expect the Wakey/London game to be a very tense affair, and it could come down to who performs the best between Brough and Abdull both are very capable of being the match winner, because of home advantage I am edging towards Wakefield staying up and London being relegated they are just to far adrift in the points difference to expect any other games to benefit them.

8 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Trinity without a doubt.  They have recently took out a £3m loan to buy the ground, do not have a wealthy owner and has a small supporter base. We will most likely be part time should the club drop down so mot much chance of making it back.

Agree. Rovers have bounced back before. London expected to go down so planned for it. Huddersfield have a wealthy benefactor who has brought them back up in the past.

Wakefield could become Widnes.

55 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

im not sure that London planning for it makes all that much of a difference. They survive on Hughes wealth. 

The only real difference is that if Hughes packs it in, London go bust with smaller debts. 

Wakefield might survive a season, more than they are gone and you can pretty certainly kiss goodbye to the stadium upgrades. 

Hull KR and Hudds would probably be fine for a season. A bit more money sunk in by their owners. Any more than that an people might reassess and they are probably struggling. 

I hope for London's sake and Rugby League in the capital that David Hughes never packs it in.

Archived