Bradford Bulls

The Lad

Half -time.  Hornets 0-46 down. Sadly and embarrassingly, it's going to an only too familiar absolutely dreadful script - 8 tries, too many down the left flank, constant errors and of course no defence!  Perhaps Bradford should declare and head over to Old Trafford and encourage England.  

Surely a better 2nd half -for Hornets?  Well -it's  62 now after just 15mins

Glad I decided to give this match a miss and watch cricket instead.

The worst season I've ever endured and I've watched Hornets for over 60 years!  Not scored a single point and conceded 186 in the last three matches. I dread to think what will happen next season.

A lot of questions need to be answered. The infighting off the pitch may have had an effect as I've not seen such a bunch of disillusioned players represent Hornets. 

82-0 - and a kick in the nuts for the faithful fans!

And thankfully, the end of this dreadful season. One wonders how it may have turned out had we given the first coach at least a full season; it surely couldn't have been much worse!  

Still, that's it and we can only hope that the recruitment, rebuild, coaching and effort for next season provide the remaining faithful fans the reward they deserve.

I’ve not been much at all this season, but today was about as bad as I’ve seen in over 30 years watching Hornets.

its been an awful season, but I feel the die was cast last pre-season, can’t lay the blame at Carl or Matt, I think off field frailties saw to that.

if we see the off season through, Matt gets a full pre-season and fair crack at recruitment then let’s judge.

42 minutes ago, ormskirknet said:

I’ve not been much at all this season, but today was about as bad as I’ve seen in over 30 years watching Hornets.

its been an awful season, but I feel the die was cast last pre-season, can’t lay the blame at Carl or Matt, I think off field frailties saw to that.

if we see the off season through, Matt gets a full pre-season and fair crack at recruitment then let’s judge.

Justify it how you want but to not win one game?

Awful, awful, awful! Feel sorry for the players that want it ( there's very few). 82-0.. painful absolutely painful! I'm not going to slate players on here like some do. I know some read it.  I mean, they put their bodies on the line. However, some are just not good enough, not even good enough for League One. Makes me worried for next year. Who is going to stay? Who is going to go? Not heard much on that front except young Brandon Wood off to Swinton. Needs to be big changes next year by Calland and Larder and with all due respect, taking Mayfield players just isn't going to cut it. 

2 hours ago, RoryBel said:

taking Mayfield players just isn't going to cut it. 

With the news that Ottawa is apparently confirmed for League 1 for 2021 and possibly joined by NewYork, there could be teams trying to buy promotion next season. Hopefully our limited finances can still produce a successful meld of youth and experience to secure a play-off spot.

One of the worst games of the year, 82-0 speaks for itself.

This season is one of the worst in hornets history and the last three games sum up this year. We have offered little in the way of resistance to the big teams in the league and have struggled to keep up with the team's supposedly around us. As a fan the end could not have come sooner as it has been tough to watch this week in week out.

We need to start again next season, learn what we can from this year and move forward. There will be a lot of changes to the squad and we may have a practicly new team. For me the coaching staff need to go as well I know this won't happen as Calland has stated he is here for next year but it's mind blowing that we will get rid of forster who had a record of 1-8 but keep Calland who is ending the year 0-17.

Taking the coaching job on half through a disastrous season has to be admired. If you think how far backwards we have gone since winning at Bradford in the snow so let's hope things get turned around and the coaching staff who are Hornets through and through put a team on the field that gives 100%. 

Said it when the appointment was made that Calland was a poor decision, out of the pro game 13 years, old school and I’ve heard poor man management. Rochdale will not come back up under him. Needs a good assistant to help him who has knowledge of the league and players.

6 hours ago, The Lad said:

One of the worst games of the year, 82-0 speaks for itself.

This season is one of the worst in hornets history and the last three games sum up this year. We have offered little in the way of resistance to the big teams in the league and have struggled to keep up with the team's supposedly around us. As a fan the end could not have come sooner as it has been tough to watch this week in week out.

We need to start again next season, learn what we can from this year and move forward. There will be a lot of changes to the squad and we may have a practicly new team. For me the coaching staff need to go as well I know this won't happen as Calland has stated he is here for next year but it's mind blowing that we will get rid of forster who had a record of 1-8 but keep Calland who is ending the year 0-17.

Not one of the worst seasons in history....The worst season in history and by a very long way and probably one of the worst season by any of the ‘established’ clubs in the history of Rugby League (sorry to those expansionists but I dont consider the futility records set by teams who have entered the league in the last 20 years. Their entry was not based on performance or sound business plans which is why so many have disappeared). 

Kudos to those fans who persevered through it all you deserve better and lets hope for better next season. But that wont happen by chance....

https://rugbyl.blogspot.com/2019/04/uk-championship-attendances-2019.html

According to the above we have something to cheer this season - attendances up to 766 (but, with 2 extra games), compared with 2018 (549), but 878 in 2017. Figures exclude any play-off games. Still lowest in league though. Hopefully, we will have at least a regularly winning team next season to help compensate for expected much lower crowds in League1. See its stats in the link - under "popular posts". The total attendances, even allowing for fewer matches is somewhat worrying for the future.

Archived