Sign in to follow this  
Henson Park Old Firm

2020 Kits/Sponsors

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I agree. We've gone downhill in away shirts since the departure from pink between 2011-13 imo.

Yeah most have been pretty similar and boring. I don’t mind something different like the pink kits or something else but I’d love them to have a yellow away kit

983F20DC-A937-47A9-9D1B-B79240F7ADFF.jpeg

7096DA0B-D78A-4DB5-A014-7399CEF66168.jpeg

6D217501-5EE6-42C0-A373-A1ED58518A56.jpeg

1D7040C0-4CE2-48D4-820B-CB537C278963.jpeg

8559CBEA-A317-462B-BDE2-9081D92CD021.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Yeah most have been pretty similar and boring. I don’t mind something different like the pink kits or something else but I’d love them to have a yellow away kit

983F20DC-A937-47A9-9D1B-B79240F7ADFF.jpeg

7096DA0B-D78A-4DB5-A014-7399CEF66168.jpeg

6D217501-5EE6-42C0-A373-A1ED58518A56.jpeg

1D7040C0-4CE2-48D4-820B-CB537C278963.jpeg

8559CBEA-A317-462B-BDE2-9081D92CD021.jpeg

Yeah I liked our Burgundy shirt in 2018 to be fair and but the rest have had very little variation or imagination. I personally hate the yellow shirts we've had but different strokes for different folks I guess.

Edited by Tommygilf

21 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah I liked our Burgundy shirt in 2018 to be fair and but the rest have had very little variation or imagination. I personally hate the yellow shirts we've had but different strokes for different folks I guess.

At least with the yellow ones you can tell straight away it’s Leeds. But I agree the burgundy one was nice but if your going to do something different ie not traditional colours there’s got to be a variety

C54DEDD5-B43A-498C-A3F0-67CCAE237C0D.jpeg

6CC5C200-8C2A-42FD-B373-67565B91BF0C.jpeg

8 hours ago, Damien said:

To be fair sponsors pay for the right to advertise their company or product and it's only fair they get some degree of prominence. A greyed out logo doesn't do that.

Yeah I know, I was taking pure aesthetics. I don’t think the photo Spike showed is a shirt anyway, it’s not anywhere on their club shop website. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Yeah I know, I was taking pure aesthetics. I don’t think the photo Spike showed is a shirt anyway, it’s not anywhere on their club shop website. 

It's on their social media, taken it off their mate

24 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's on their social media, taken it off their mate

Weird. Anyway whatever that shirt is your black and white home shirt is quality, best Widnes shirt since the ICI days. 

7 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

At least with the yellow ones you can tell straight away it’s Leeds. But I agree the burgundy one was nice but if your going to do something different ie not traditional colours there’s got to be a variety

C54DEDD5-B43A-498C-A3F0-67CCAE237C0D.jpeg

6CC5C200-8C2A-42FD-B373-67565B91BF0C.jpeg

They’re decent but too similar to some of your home shirts. Having the Leeds BS as long term sponsor is quality, you couldn’t have a better sponsor. 

9 hours ago, Damien said:

To be fair sponsors pay for the right to advertise their company or product and it's only fair they get some degree of prominence. A greyed out logo doesn't do that.

This is true, but on a rare occassion such things can be worked around.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

They’re decent but too similar to some of your home shirts. Having the Leeds BS as long term sponsor is quality, you couldn’t have a better sponsor. 

But if there’s a predominantly blue home shirt then you can have a yellow away shirt or a yellow home shirt would have a white away shirt.  

Yeah I agree, LBS is a great sponsor for the club to have although I prefer there old logo 

2 hours ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Not a chance when you have 'brand managers' involved. Any change to the logo, colourschemes, fonts, etc is a complete no. 

Not always in my experience. You just need to be able to sell in the idea, also helps when you have a good working relationship with said brand. And it's not as if Betfred aren't getting exposure via every other team and they're numerous kits.

Anyways.. back to new kits. Isn't Catalan's launched today?

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Not always in my experience. You just need to be able to sell in the idea, also helps when you have a good working relationship with said brand.

Anyways.. back to new kits. Isn't Catalan's launched today?

Indeed. It isn't always the case at all. And that photo actually shows other sponsors being blacked out!

Some are more protective, some are happy to have flexible colour schemes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gareth hock said:

Batley going for the Leigh look . That just doesn’t look like a Batley home kit one bit .

B794929A-67F8-4941-8435-107AD410F53A.png

Meh. Batley have unique colours, cerise and fawn (OK, claret and amber), yet want to play in red and white hoops. Why?

• Like 1

On 23/11/2019 at 19:52, Spike said:

Better photo, really like the kit this year 

20191123_194954.jpg

Do Town need to make 17 kits , or can they make do with 14? :kolobok_ph34r:

Sorry!! 😄 

Edited by Scubby

Just now, Hopping Mad said:

Meh. Batley have unique colours, cerise and fawn (OK, claret and amber), yet want to play in red and white hoops. Why?

They played in Cherry and White hoops for years pre the 1980s.

Glad Fax are back to Blue and White Traditional Hoops. A Couple of negatives. Hate the Fax Badge-should go back to the coat of arms. Also It seems all Sponsors logos get shoved towards the top end of many Shirts these days-I dont like it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Glad Fax are back to Blue and White Traditional Hoops. A Couple of negatives. Hate the Fax Badge-should go back to the coat of arms. Also It seems all Sponsors logos get shoved towards the top end of many Shirts these days-I dont like it.

Not bad at all. I get what you mean about the logos & the badge.

2 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

It’s better than last seasons monstrosity 

• Like 1

A bit later with the announcement than we have become accustomed to over the last two or three years, but well worth the wait. More details on the link to the club website.

http://northwalescrusaders.com/news/2020-kits-launched/

Edit: The pink away shirt is in support of Nightingale House, which is a hospice in Wrexham.

NWC2020Kits-01.thumb.png.f3345f50129c51af37e3e5226898fdc2.png

Edited by fearnowt
  • Like 5