Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Henson Park Old Firm

2020 Kits/Sponsors

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, meast said:

Halifax?

I'd have to see the colour of their sox to be sure. :kolobok_wink:


Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, fearnowt said:

A bit later with the announcement than we have become accustomed to over the last two or three years, but well worth the wait. More details on the link to the club website.

http://northwalescrusaders.com/news/2020-kits-launched/

Edit: The pink away shirt is in support of Nightingale House, which is a hospice in Wrexham.

NWC2020Kits-01.thumb.png.f3345f50129c51af37e3e5226898fdc2.png

That's the pinkest pink shirt & socks I have ever seen, it's just sort of um, pink with a pink dragon🐖🦑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming it hasn't been posted before, the London Broncos t-shirt, polo shirt & hoodie.

EKx7p9mXsAAGyIk?format=jpg&name=small


Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2019 at 16:28, Hopping Mad said:

Meh. Batley have unique colours, cerise and fawn (OK, claret and amber), yet want to play in red and white hoops. Why?

Celebrating 10 years since their Northern Rail Cup win.

BNRC.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2019 at 20:31, Yakstorm said:

FB_IMG_1575059071660.jpg.53303d524ad8c9e405060e17ea946d17.jpg

Catalan Dragons

The away shirt would make a great Sheffield Eagles home shirt...  certainly more so than the one they have picked!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I'd like to see some variations on these again

image.jpeg.943525c3c17a2d5bbfa57f39be512bd3.jpegimage.jpeg.45463db70651b3a6a84ae055be5af2e1.jpeg

I still own the red one and wear it to matches as its a fantastic shirt..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

I'd like to see some variations on these again

image.jpeg.943525c3c17a2d5bbfa57f39be512bd3.jpegimage.jpeg.45463db70651b3a6a84ae055be5af2e1.jpeg

Trophy Bitter, what a dire beer that was, they used to sell it in the Jorik on Division Street - I bet you had a few sessions in there RLG and RPL 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside, I look at some of these older kits which to me seem synonymous with some of the clubs. Nowadays, kits don't seem to be anywhere near as iconic.

Is it because teams used to have the same design shirt for several seasons (e.g. 2-3), and therefore a particular shirt became synonymous with the teams of that era? E.g. the Widnes World Club Challenge shirt being synonymous with the team of that era - Myler, Offiah, Davies, Sorenson, the Hulmes etc etc. Or is it just because I'm an old fart and just looking back through rose tinted specs? Or is it a bit of both?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a large slice of nostalgia (no bad thing), but I guess those kits seem iconic now, 20-30 years later, but were they considered so at the time? Probably unlikely.. as nice as some were.

A successful team, memorable moment or some daring deeds generally lend themselves to the iconic status, so who knows, in years to come some of the current kits 'might' be viewed in a similar way.

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The length of time a club used a particular design would definitely have an impact. Whilst it is not impossible for a one off kit to spark such fond memories, it is usually reliant on something significant happening that one season to leave a mark in multiple people's memories versus just repeatedly seeing something more makes you more likely to remember it 

If any club today decided to run the same kit for 3 seasons straight, you'd find a lot of people would remember it in 10 years time.

  • Like 1

signature.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

As an aside, I look at some of these older kits which to me seem synonymous with some of the clubs. Nowadays, kits don't seem to be anywhere near as iconic.

Is it because teams used to have the same design shirt for several seasons (e.g. 2-3), and therefore a particular shirt became synonymous with the teams of that era? E.g. the Widnes World Club Challenge shirt being synonymous with the team of that era - Myler, Offiah, Davies, Sorenson, the Hulmes etc etc. Or is it just because I'm an old fart and just looking back through rose tinted specs? Or is it a bit of both?

The latter probably, its like how everyone over the age of 40 thinks football was loads better in the 80s and 90s (which is obviously was) but kids today think it’s quality. 

Incidentally if someone asked what the Widnes shirt is like I’d still describe the late 80s one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mister Ting said:

O'Neills seem to be slowly taking over. I heard that ISC are struggling downunder.

Apparently ISC are pulling out of the UK. Was mentioned earlier in this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

As an aside, I look at some of these older kits which to me seem synonymous with some of the clubs. Nowadays, kits don't seem to be anywhere near as iconic.

Is it because teams used to have the same design shirt for several seasons (e.g. 2-3), and therefore a particular shirt became synonymous with the teams of that era? E.g. the Widnes World Club Challenge shirt being synonymous with the team of that era - Myler, Offiah, Davies, Sorenson, the Hulmes etc etc. Or is it just because I'm an old fart and just looking back through rose tinted specs? Or is it a bit of both?

I think that’s exactly it to be honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Probably a large slice of nostalgia (no bad thing), but I guess those kits seem iconic now, 20-30 years later, but were they considered so at the time? Probably unlikely.. as nice as some were.

A successful team, memorable moment or some daring deeds generally lend themselves to the iconic status, so who knows, in years to come some of the current kits 'might' be viewed in a similar way.

I bet people moaned about new shirt designs back then just as much as they do today.

  • Haha 1

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I bet people moaned about new shirt designs back then just as much as they do today.

Indeed. Let's be honest, the Ellgren kits were shockers which have been reclassified as classics for some reason! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Indeed. Let's be honest, the Ellgren kits were shockers which have been reclassified as classics for some reason! 

I don't think they were. Many were still quite traditional in design but with an updated look and feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Damien said:

I don't think they were. Many were still quite traditional in design but with an updated look and feel.

No, they were mostly awful and certainly seen that way at the time.

But time, distance and the ability to cut out the bad memories changes people's perceptions a bit.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

No, they were mostly awful and certainly seen that way at the time.

But time, distance and the ability to cut out the bad memories changes people's perceptions a bit.

I can't remember them being seen that way at the time at all. Some were good, some poor much like any kit supplier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...