Donny reaction

town4me

8 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I don't. The players he might recruit would be travellers and the jam have shown that success can be based on a backbone of locals coached by locals. Whatever else affected our players today Thorman made some strange positional decisions and clearly failed to motivate the troops. 

I think we could still have mainly local squad under him. The current ones plus the group that will be surplus up the road and maybe some  returning from South of the county.  

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, town4me said:

I think we could still have mainly local squad under him. The current ones plus the group that will be surplus up the road and maybe some  returning from South of the county.  

Correct. It’s not an either or scenario. 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

17 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Weren't we saying something similar last season about Pryce.One thing we should learn from this season is having too many travelling/ DR players is not the way to go ,and I fear if Chris is the coach that's exactly the way we will go .

We need to have a locally based squad that can actually train together more than once a week ,we have to bite the bullet and build local .Let's give youth a chance or I fear this time next year ,like this time this year and this time last year ,we will have run out of players and still be top of the table pretenders 

When I say attracting players I think you are assuming I mean out of county players. Not the case.

Just now, snoopdog said:

Bit of s myth this Haven all local thing, they have 6 non that I can see , both clubs have always had travellers and always will , the secret is getting the right ones and the right balance.

This exactly . 

Confirmed as well that next year it will still be an 11 team league with only 20 games padded out through the season ... then Ottawa will come in so it’s maybe now or never . It’s barely even a league , which is a crying shame given what it was with 14 

26 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Bit of s myth this Haven all local thing, they have 6 non that I can see , both clubs have always had travellers and always will , the secret is getting the right ones and the right balance.

I thought they had 3 the winger ,Chris Taylor and foster,I think although they signed the lad from Rochdale I think he is from down Askam way 

1 minute ago, Brad hepis heed said:

I thought they had 3 the winger ,Chris Taylor and foster,I think although they signed the lad from Rochdale I think he is from down Askam way 

Gillams from barrow but lives Lancashire way then there's fozzy Taylor and Thompson.  Would class jjp and dion as being local as they've been with us for years but realistically they are travellers. 

6 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Trust u to know all about who they've signed ??

24 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

I know about Gillam because at the time he signed for them , it was being said we were trying to sign him ??

"We" ??

10 hours ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Thompson also,Havens best teams have usually been when it is based on local players supported by quality imports who live locally and 2 or 3 travellers.

At the end of the day as supporters you want players who will give 100% for your team,if they are locals,great if they are travellers fine.

Hopefully the bod will be working hard on this issue and also consulting with who ever the coach will be for the 2020 season, some times this has to be done behind closed doors so other clubs don't get wind of it, 

21 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the attendance for sunday 1,200 odd were there , donny came with one bus , great attendance considering we are only 6th in the league, what would we have had if we had topped the league ? the support is here we just need to deliver on the paddock !

The problem is that the speccies who either came back or maybe watched for the first time would be pretty unimpressed by that pathetic performance. So,once again we shoot ourselves in the foot. Coming away from the ground I walked behind a group of half a dozen lads who were venting their frustration. One of them remarked - " First time I've been down this season and they play complete sh*te!". Don't suppose they were the only ones .

Archived