It's over.

colinb

Well that's it, its over. It's what happens next that matters. It's been a poor season in many areas. Not going to dwell, I'm just glad it's done. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, colinb said:

Well that's it, its over. It's what happens next that matters. It's been a poor season in many areas. Not going to dwell, I'm just glad it's done. 

That just about sums it up Colin. As the great sporting ad slogan says 'Just Do It'. I'm sure there's nothing else anyone can say to the owners of the Club.

If that was going out and enjoying it, I really hate to think where we could have been. And we are extending a contract which has been a clear failure because.....come on Kev, turn on, tune in.

Agreed colin been a very sad season on and off the field and at the minute I'm at a cross roads to if I go next season and continue to support Bissa if we keep diskin as coach as I feel so strongly about it that I dont want the club to give him my hard earned money. Which is quite bad but this is how the last 3 seasons as made me feel I have been a member from its original conception but dont know if I can continue to support a coach I dont trust .sorry just being honest .

Very true Paul. What with a large turnover in playing personnel anticipated (few areas needed freshening up anyway) if I was the board I'd go the whole way and start at the top.

The man management, game control, fitness and motivation is very ordinary under matt. 3 yrs now expired what's the circumstance for reward or extension.

If hes kept it screams laziness not lack of ambition or penny pinching but laziness.

Shrewd and safe decisions are a rarity in our sport but it's becoming increasingly obvious the divide increases between those who who pull the strings and those pesky ungrateful generational fans.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

So, if you discard the Hornets, we were the lowest points scorers in the Championship; only relegated Barrow and Swinton conceded more points and only Barrow had a greater points deficit.  If you don't score at one end and concede at the other then you are not going to win many matches.  If this is the same next season we will be finishing even lower.

11 hours ago, colinb said:

Cheer up lads - after ten or fifteen seasons of underachievement you kind of get used to it, and you still finished two places and three points above your favorite bitter rivals. Course once the Bulls get into SL we'll ALL have a nice convenient  Heavy Woollen  SL club to support.  :kolobok_resent:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Just now, RogerT said:

When will that be then BSJ.

At a guess (and this is a guess) they will be saving over 100k a year, some of which might just be made available for team strengthening. Add that to the extra they will receive for their finishing position, and I reckon they'll be knocking on the door of SL very soon. Of course they may forget SL altogether and just use the money saved, on building a  spanking new ground, just like Wakefield are going to do - then we might be shut of them in a year or two. ? not !

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

15 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Ok when will that be Grumpy?, sorry BSJ.

It's OK Roger, they've never been seen in the same room together ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

The saving should be appointed to all those who remain unpaid by bulls from their dodgy dealings. I know there is little sentiment in business or the right thing done occasionally.

They will still be in special measures by all accounts. Anyway we stopped up so that's success in some eyes

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Staying up is always the first priority, beating Dewsbury the second, but my God it has been painful to watch at times. I just worry it might get even worse next season resulting in me being exiled in Whitby ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Could be worse. Exiled to hmp flockton or better depending on your persuasion 

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

Ok when will that be Grumpy?, sorry BSJ.

Accepted Roger, but don't do it again!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Staying up is always the first priority, beating Dewsbury the second, but my God it has been painful to watch at times. I just worry it might get even worse next season resulting in me being exiled in Whitby ?

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

At a guess (and this is a guess) they will be saving over 100k a year, some of which might just be made available for team strengthening. Add that to the extra they will receive for their finishing position, and I reckon they'll be knocking on the door of SL very soon. Of course they may forget SL altogether and just use the money saved, on building a  spanking new ground, just like Wakefield are going to do - then we might be shut of them in a year or two. ? not !

Chalmers has already stated that all money saved from the move will be spent on players to try and achieve promotion asap. In fact his statement almost sounded like a declaration of a sh*t or bust attempt in 2020, and given mutterings of the same coming from Leigh next year could be interesting.

5 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Chalmers has already stated that all money saved from the move will be spent on players to try and achieve promotion asap. In fact his statement almost sounded like a declaration of a sh*t or bust attempt in 2020, and given mutterings of the same coming from Leigh next year could be interesting.

Just a shame that the RFL won't let them sign anybody at the moment, isn't it?

Archived