Ottawa confirmed for 2021 league entry

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Copa said:

Excellent.

2 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Fantastico

They are going to need about 30 players and coaching staff...I suggest they look at raiding Leigh and hiring Rowley....I know, I know...it hasn't been done before but there has to be a first time for everything.

Probably waiting to see what happens with Toronto. If they are denied entry into Super League there really isn't much point in any North American teams continuing.

7 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Probably waiting to see what happens with Toronto. If they are denied entry into Super League there really isn't much point in any North American teams continuing.

Why would Toronto be denied entry into Super League?

6 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Parky will be pleased.

Yes, we can expect an essay published shortly explaining why Toronto will not be permitted into SL and how this will benefit all of the sport.

Toronto hasn't won anything yet except the overall title...they have to win the playoff.  

No sense in getting ahead of ourselves, some other teams are going to have their say and after last year, well, one game at a time please.

Pretty good spin but the article if anyone cared to read it says “There will be no Betfred League 1 side based in Ottawa next season after the newly-relocated Hemel Stags were granted dispensation not to compete in 2020.”

Not exactly nailed on for 2021 just yet. I suspect that a lot of decisions will be made when the financial status of the game becomes clearer. 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

13 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

Pretty good spin but the article if anyone cared to read it says “There will be no Betfred League 1 side based in Ottawa next season after the newly-relocated Hemel Stags were granted dispensation not to compete in 2020.”

Not exactly nailed on for 2021 just yet. I suspect that a lot of decisions will be made when the financial status of the game becomes clearer. 

Precisely. The news is the RFL has confirmed League 1 will be an 11-team comp in 2020, not that Ottawa are confirmed in 2021

1 hour ago, The 4 of Us said:

This hesitating and being so fearful is really shocking to many of us over here in North America...there is, of course, due diligence but this is ridiculous.  Its bizarre, the RFL is like one of those incompetent British Generals from WW1...LETS GO FOR IT AND GET OTTAWA IN THERE FOR NEXT YEAR!

NO GUTS NO GLORY!!!!

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

This hesitating and being so fearful is really shocking to many of us over here in North America...there is, of course, due diligence but this is ridiculous.  Its bizarre, the RFL is like one of those incompetent British Generals from WW1...LETS GO FOR IT AND GET OTTAWA IN THERE FOR NEXT YEAR!

NO GUTS NO GLORY!!!!

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

NO GUTS NO GLORY!!!!

Shocking maybe, but par for the course for the RFL.  Their track record is one of protecting the traditional northern clubs and letting expansion clubs wither on the vine whenever push comes to shove, whatever the cost to the game may be.

Until I at least see the official team name, logo & playing kit for Ottawa and New York they are nothing but pins on a planned rugby league expansion map to me. Once they have their coaching staff announced & they start gearing up to signed players is when the real excitement will start to build & of course whether Toronto will be playing in SL next year or whether they see value in staying in the Championship.. All still a waiting game at this stage..

Archived