Toulouse game not on Sky

HaxbyKnight

Once again Sky have let Rugby League down, saying one thing then doing another. Maybe any Knights fans who can't go will sign up to the our league app, at least we can watch the game on there. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sky didn't show any of the games in Toulouse or Toronto until the final. 

Sky don't have transmission rights from France or Canada so have usually carried broadcasts provided by local companies. I believe that the company who were providing the feed from France fell out with SL over demands by the latter for higher payments. Hence there may be nobody actually covering this game other than OuRLeague.

Toronto scrapped their arrangements with local broadcasters for their last three home games. It is as yet uncertain if these arrangements will be revived with, I believe, a law suit in the offing.

I don't love Sky by any means but they aren't always to blame.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sky don't have transmission rights from France or Canada so have usually carried broadcasts provided by local companies. I believe that the company who were providing the feed from France fell out with SL over demands by the latter for higher payments. Hence there may be nobody actually covering this game other than OuRLeague.

Toronto scrapped their arrangements with local broadcasters for their last three home games. It is as yet uncertain if these arrangements will be revived with, I believe, a law suit in the offing.

I don't love Sky by any means but they aren't always to blame.

Some people are too quick to blame Sky for everything, think we should wait and see why things happen before jumping in feet first.

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sky were aware of these issues, my query is why did they say they would show all the play off games, knowing at least 4 of the games would be played outside the UK? At least we will see  the games on our league.

3 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Sky were aware of these issues, my query is why did they say they would show all the play off games, knowing at least 4 of the games would be played outside the UK? At least we will see  the games on our league.

Did they? Do you have a link?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Working Saturday, no replays on ourleague, but you do get replays on twitch.....but not all ourleague goes onto twitch! Does anybody wise know if the match will be on twitch? I was hoping to watch our Leigh match back on twitch the other week but it wasnt there, they had cas women's match instead.

On 10/09/2019 at 13:35, Blind side johnny said:

Did they? Do you have a link?

BSJ, sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. I should have said considering there had been recent problems covering Toronto's matches,, even if they were outside of Sky's control, they were in my opinion, a bit premature with the announcement. Whatever problems there are, I hope they can be sorted.

On 11/09/2019 at 08:40, Nige Arro said:

Leigh v York is on rlapp

Thank you, ive found it now. Id been round n round the rfl website a few times looking for something saying "replays" and never found any, seems i should have looked in "championship news"....i guess this means i can watch a replay of yorks toulouse game on saturday night when i get back in...fingers crossed!

Archived