2020 Signings

Townster1

I wonder if the Barrow relegation/haven promotion will have a bearing on recruitment? 

I would like to see us attract and keep some top amateurs, WBH, Kells and Egremont are all playing at the highest levels - all must have some excellent players, suppose its the usual argument of whether they want to step up and make the commitment - however every other week they are travelling away to Lancs/Yorks and by all accounts all 3 clubs are ran like pro clubs.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barrow resigning the 2 png fellas and dallimore are gonna be favourites for league 1 already imo.

One of the west cumbrians has given barrow word he is going to haven. One or 2 others will be seeing what deals best for them for all 3 clubs, money means more then promotion to some guys but you cant blame them.

2 hours ago, havenhater said:

Barrow resigning the 2 png fellas and dallimore are gonna be favourites for league 1 already imo.

One of the west cumbrians has given barrow word he is going to haven. One or 2 others will be seeing what deals best for them for all 3 clubs, money means more then promotion to some guys but you cant blame them.

Think the west Cumbrian player in question is asking silly money to move to Haven, not sure if that deal will go through or not now.

5 hours ago, JMB said:

Think the west Cumbrian player in question is asking silly money to move to Haven, not sure if that deal will go through or not now.

Was interesting hearing during a post match interview on the radio on sunday about agents etc and championship players in genral  over pricing themselves. 

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Was interesting to hearing during a post match interview on the radio on sunday about agents etc and championship players in genral  over pricing themselves. 

Cresta always tells it like it is. Just wish he wasn't so focused on Barrow ,I think he could do a great job at Town. 

Unfortunately we come back to the same old problem , players who work at Sellafield are on good money , they can play for their Amateur side at the week end when it suits them , and have a night out at the end of it .Gone are the days when playing semi pro Rugby was a big addition to the weekly wage .These players will want decent money to turn pro to reflect their commitment . It is far easier just to take BNFLs pay packet and play Amateur RL .In other words " make it worth it for me ".That same phrase is probably heard when we try to sign a player who needs to travel , i think that is what Cresta was referring to . 

9 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Unfortunately we come back to the same old problem , players who work at Sellafield are on good money , they can play for their Amateur side at the week end when it suits them , and have a night out at the end of it .Gone are the days when playing semi pro Rugby was a big addition to the weekly wage .These players will want decent money to turn pro to reflect their commitment . It is far easier just to take BNFLs pay packet and play Amateur RL .In other words " make it worth it for me ".That same phrase is probably heard when we try to sign a player who needs to travel , i think that is what Cresta was referring to . 

I think Paul Crarey was being far more straightforward. Travellers or not he was of the opinion that players in the basement divisions have an inflated idea of their worth.     Maybe we should target some recruits who don't earn big bucks at Sellafield- it might start to address the problem of players opting out of training due to shift patterns. 

Would love to see all the local clubs come to some sort of agreement re signing each others players(I know this is impossible)but Im sick of locals working one club against the other,its hard to stomach the  different badge kissing every season ,depending who is paying most money!

21 minutes ago, bigapple said:

Would love to see all the local clubs come to some sort of agreement re signing each others players(I know this is impossible)but Im sick of locals working one club against the other,its hard to stomach the  different badge kissing every season ,depending who is paying most money!

Wont happen this off season if town and haven are in different leagues next year

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 14:23, townie88 said:

Who is already under contract?

2019 signings 

Jamie Doran 3 years

Stevie Scholey 3 years 

Scott Rooke 2 year 

Tom Curwan 2 years 

Perry Singleton 2 years 

Andrew Dawson 2 years 

Ryan Fieldhouse 2 years

Jonathan Walsh 2 years 

Add to those Declan and Caine that have just been announced plus Elliot signed an extension for 3 years and we have a good starting point for next season.

I would like to see Buffer,Gordon,Blaine,Penky ,Bolton,Fui Fui and Tickle added to those and Tee at Full back/wing from Barrow.

20 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I'm hearing that Forster doesnt fancy playing in the Championship so if Rooney has gave backward, he could maybe be on his way as a player/coach for town!

All these rumours are causing all sorts of problems with both the fans and the players, I'm sure some of the rumours didn't help with the players performance on Sunday,  the B O D must be more professional and work as one, and cut loose some individuals who cant work together for the good of the club.

7 minutes ago, JMB said:

All these rumours are causing all sorts of problems with both the fans and the players, I'm sure some of the rumours didn't help with the players performance on Sunday,  the B O D must be more professional and work as one, and cut loose some individuals who cant work together for the good of the club.

Simple solution , don't listen to rumours ?

Hopefully as soon as this season is completed the new coach will be announced and let him choose the players he wants. The last few seasons should tell us that we need a larger squad but also one that can rotate to keep players fresh,also only sign players who can commit to training and release any wont. Another sport maybe but look at Danny Graingers impact at the reds ,took on a relegated unfit squad who had ceased training and played when they wanted and has turned them completely around, largely same players trimmed down and hungry for success with competition for every place

1 hour ago, JMB said:

What ways are the BOD not being professional? 

Are you saying you heard the rumours come from individuals on the board? 

Hope not. That be bad crack... 

4 hours ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

2019 signings 

Jamie Doran 3 years

Stevie Scholey 3 years 

Scott Rooke 2 year 

Tom Curwan 2 years 

Perry Singleton 2 years 

Andrew Dawson 2 years 

Ryan Fieldhouse 2 years

Jonathan Walsh 2 years 

Add to those Declan and Caine that have just been announced plus Elliot signed an extension for 3 years and we have a good starting point for next season.

I would like to see Buffer,Gordon,Blaine,Penky ,Bolton,Fui Fui and Tickle added to those and Tee at Full back/wing from Barrow.

What happens if you win the playoffs are all these players up to Championship level rugby. 

1 hour ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

What happens if you win the playoffs are all these players up to Championship level rugby. 

Win the play offs!? Country mile away from doing so. I just hope that the coach and signings are announced before pre season starts. We always seem to leave it late to get our squad together

Archived