• Last Reply

Looking at 2020

Fieldhouse 

Wellington (if he stays)

Miller

Singleton

Bolton (if he stays)

Doran

Forber  (new halfback definitely to be mentored)

Dawson

O'Donnell

Curwen 

Barnes

Moulding

Scholey 

Subs

Marwood

That's not a bad 14 with Lancaster Walsh rooke

But we need a big bench and hooker 

As for penky, fui fui tickle I think it's time they went.

49 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Looking at 2020

Fieldhouse 

Wellington (if he stays)

Miller

Singleton

Bolton (if he stays)

Doran

Forber  (new halfback definitely to be mentored)

Dawson

O'Donnell

Curwen 

Barnes

Moulding

Scholey 

Subs

Marwood

That's not a bad 14 with Lancaster Walsh rooke

But we need a big bench and hooker 

As for penky, fui fui tickle I think it's time they went.

I would keep all of the last 3 you mentioned if we could, y is it time they went? They have all trained and shown a very professional attitude 

5 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Because they are 38, 39 and for the drop down from super league to league one well below standard for the expectations.

Sorry mate but they've been class all season, all 3 of them superb, penky has been imo one of our top 3 best players this year, fui is unstoppable by the opposition line and danny tickle is a leader on the pitch and a role model off it

22 minutes ago, havenhater said:

They are all paid a nice amount of money so why wouldn't they be professional and train?

Totally agree with you. Seems like you can be some sort of hero if you go training. That’s a general observation and not just aimed at those 3. 

If they had been class, we would be in whitehavens position not ours.

Penky has been well below the heights of last season and I honestly think o'Donnell and marwood will provide better partnership next season at 9.

Fuifui is unstoppable in attack but any opposition coach will spot him in defence and another year older maybe too much.

As for tickle, he is clearly a good old head to have but on the whole season he hasn't been anything special, maudling and barnes have been better.

38 minutes ago, havenhater said:

If they had been class, we would be in whitehavens position not ours.

Penky has been well below the heights of last season and I honestly think o'Donnell and marwood will provide better partnership next season at 9.

Fuifui is unstoppable in attack but any opposition coach will spot him in defence and another year older maybe too much.

As for tickle, he is clearly a good old head to have but on the whole season he hasn't been anything special, maudling and barnes have been better.

You must watch a different game to me marra

7 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Clearly I do. So can you please explain why we are in the current position if these 3 have been upto the standards this season? 

Well 3 players dont carry a team, its been an up down year, players leabinh before the season started and players leaning during the season, 2 different coaches, lack of training, cant blame ot on 3 players just because they used to play super league and nrl

1 hour ago, havenhater said:

Because they are 38, 39 and for the drop down from super league to league one well below standard for the expectations.

Age is the only thing against Fui, Tickle & Penky - all three have pulled their weight and been professional all season.  You could argue Penky has not had the same effect as last season, IMO this is mainly down to his individual style of play that looks genius when it comes off and not so when it doesn't. Does any one know if they want to continue next season?

20 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Clearly I do. So can you please explain why we are in the current position if these 3 have been upto the standards this season? 

My comment was in respect of Tickle, runs lines the others dont even see mate, plus he directs the team all day long. Hardly misses a tackle either.

Our form is not just down to those 3 you decided to highlight? 

I based my comment on going forward next season and not retaining them.

There experience is second to none agreed but last season penky magic was what got us into the play off finals, him ticking made the team tick.

this season that magic hasn't appeared too much. So what would retaining him next season prove?

With regards to tickle, vocally brilliant but as for these outstanding performances, I honestly havnt seen it, he has looked average overall. One or 2 games very good. That pot of cash could surely be used on a half back whos job it is to direct the team.

Ffmm again Visa wouldn't come cheap, going forward I'd look for one or 2 locals instead. 

11 minutes ago, Onreport said:

My comment was in respect of Tickle, runs lines the others dont even see mate, plus he directs the team all day long. Hardly misses a tackle either.

Our form is not just down to those 3 you decided to highlight? 

True . Collectively we’ve been largely average . There’s not many can look in the mirror and say they’ve been up to scratch 

If we dont get through the play offs then Regarding these 3 staying or not comes down to the question  Is  next season promotion at all  costs  or  build a team over 3 years under CT  capable of making the step upto championship level. If its the latter then I would expect to see some if not all 3 move on. 

While all three mentioned have plenty of positives about them, I would think about moving on without them, thus freeing up funds  that could be used elsewhere.- especially half back!

In particular why carry three hookers in the squad - time to let the youth have a go in Dec and Blain surely

1 hour ago, townie88 said:

Wonder if we will have olstrum back next year? Dont think theres been any comments from the club since the rhinos game!

He hasn’t been back most of the time he’s meant to have been here so absolutely not 

Archived