2020 Signings

Townster1

Will all come down to budget and squad size , a small handful of players taking a huge chunk of budget as been proved doesn't work, hence why the squads been to thin.

A mixture of locals, experience and young players ripe for improvement is my preferred option, whatever way we go the squad needs better balance than this season.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, townpower said:

Heard a rumour at work we are signing Jessie Joe Parker as he is surplus to requirements.

Dont know how factual it is as it's only a rumour but it seems viable. 

Be very good for town but isn't the player he was hasn't played much 2nd half of the season won't make it at champ level now so in league 1 can still do a job I'd say very hard for me to say he's passed it but he is sadly when we first got him wow what a strike player 

3 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Dawson, Curwen and Singleton can hold their heads up.

I would add Scholey, Forber and Mellor to that list, they may have had some poor games but they never stopped working in games. 

32 minutes ago, dkw said:

I would add Scholey, Forber and Mellor to that list, they may have had some poor games but they never stopped working in games. 

As has Dec O,Donnel,  even more special given he came on loan for a few games originally, not many loanees have given that level of committment

32 minutes ago, dkw said:

Buffer's points tally is duly flagged up at  the top of the stats table both for goals and points. If he's up for another season l would be happy. He would be a great mentor for Blain Marwood. Having said that Carl had a very poor game against Donny but most did. Stevie's work rate is second to none but Mellor ,despite his great form , is gone l understand. 

10 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Buffer's points tally is duly flagged up at  the top of the stats table both for goals and points. If he's up for another season l would be happy. He would be a great mentor for Blain Marwood. Having said that Carl had a very poor game against Donny but most did. Stevie's work rate is second to none but Mellor ,despite his great form , is gone l understand. 

Thorman confirmed it on Twitter 

6 hours ago, town4me said:

If we dont get through the play offs then Regarding these 3 staying or not comes down to the question  Is  next season promotion at all  costs  or  build a team over 3 years under CT  capable of making the step upto championship level. If its the latter then I would expect to see some if not all 3 move on. 

What do you mean, three years in champ. Div. 1? You must be joking.

1 hour ago, town blue said:

What do you mean, three years in champ. Div. 1? You must be joking.

I meant will the strategy  be 1. building a team over the next few years  working with mainly locals  or 2.going flat out for promotion next season  bringing short term travellers in.

Of course nobody wants to be in this league but sometimes you have to take stock and work to a planned stratergy. Hopefully the RFL will see sense and go back to a two league structure soon anyway.

5 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Be very good for town but isn't the player he was hasn't played much 2nd half of the season won't make it at champ level now so in league 1 can still do a job I'd say very hard for me to say he's passed it but he is sadly when we first got him wow what a strike player 

So he's past it and hasn't played much this season but would still be very good for Town. ?

19 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

So he's past it and hasn't played much this season but would still be very good for Town. ?

Meaning at his current age and condition he's very good for league 1 but not championship level anymore and we need championship class players or higher now town are in league 1 and would DO a fine job at league 1 level there's a big step between league 1 and championship standard 

17 hours ago, townie88 said:

Wonder if we will have olstrum back next year? Dont think theres been any comments from the club since the rhinos game!

Why would we even want him back yea he’s a great player but doesn’t train turns up when wants with a terrible attitude 

3 hours ago, havenhater said:

If Swinton are going bust I wonder if that means barrow will stay up

Hope not, would be a disgrace if it happened, this league is deprived as it is, suppose Ralph rimmer does what he wants

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Hope not, would be a disgrace if it happened, this league is deprived as it is, suppose Ralph rimmer does what he wants

They should just have a team less in the championship surely our league can't go down to 10 teams. Let's get back to 2 divisions. Gutted for Swinton by the way. 

3 hours ago, town2018 said:

Why would we even want him back yea he’s a great player but doesn’t train turns up when wants with a terrible attitude 

Haven't said I wanted him back. Just wondering as he is often still named in the 19? 

I didnt want him back last time. As talented as he is. He is nothing but a disruption

I think thorman must given his chances like every other coach and he has blown it.

Would expect him to get a chance at haven next season as some of his best rugby was under charlo previously and wait and see I'm thrive in the championship.

On the jjp case I'd take him if given the chance too. Isnt he a local now on paper? Whatever happened back end of the season for haven, he is always class in a derby as is dion

14 minutes ago, havenhater said:

I think thorman must given his chances like every other coach and he has blown it.

Would expect him to get a chance at haven next season as some of his best rugby was under charlo previously and wait and see I'm thrive in the championship.

On the jjp case I'd take him if given the chance too. Isnt he a local now on paper? Whatever happened back end of the season for haven, he is always class in a derby as is dion

People said He put on a lot of weight and just lost his place and never seemed to get it back

On 14/09/2019 at 11:27, havenhater said:

Clearly I do. So can you please explain why we are in the current position if these 3 have been upto the standards this season? 

That will be the  3 that just about won the game for town  today!

4 hours ago, Town Army said:

I think both ourselves and Haven would be crazy to go anywhere near KO next season, more than likely be back at Wath Brow if he plays anywhere.

Wath Brow is a place only for the dedicated they expect as much as any Pro team 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Archived