2020 Signings

Townster1

28 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I don’t no because I’m not a scout and don’t go round the games but personally think it’s something to be looking at 

Surely your having a wind up pal. 

Elliott Miller is the best all round player we have. 

He deserves the opportunity to regain his place as first on the sheet, he's come back from major injury before when he hurt his back. 

He'll do it again. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know similar applied with Leon but Chris as a former 6 has to get hold of Jamie in the offseason and instill into him what he requires in professionalism , game management and conditioning . He has the attributes to consistently be the star man above and beyond this level but I fear he’s in danger of stagnating which would be a shame with his natural ability . He’s got to be in the best shape and clued up to use that ability to control games for us - which he should do week in week out . Not knocking him , but it’s frustrating I don’t think we’re getting everything that’s there . 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I know similar applied with Leon but Chris as a former 6 has to get hold of Jamie in the offseason and instill into him what he requires in professionalism , game management and conditioning . He has the attributes to consistently be the star man above and beyond this level but I fear he’s in danger of stagnating which would be a shame with his natural ability . He’s got to be in the best shape and clued up to use that ability to control games for us - which he should do week in week out . Not knocking him , but it’s frustrating I don’t think we’re getting everything that’s there . 

By a long way

2 hours ago, town2018 said:

Yea I’m not disputing that Elliot is a great player and possibly the best centre in the league but if he was to get injured again next season we are back to square 1 so my opinion would be to get a fresh pair off legs in 

Hmmm strange view for a  "Workington Town" fan to have. eh "marra" ?

18 hours ago, gillmeister said:

He shouldn’t have played yesterday but held his hand up if indeed it is Hopkins you’re referring too 

No sorry it was Walsh I was referring to. Really hoped he might improve as the season went on but some of his attempts to tackle are just laughable and it seems hopeless.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I know similar applied with Leon but Chris as a former 6 has to get hold of Jamie in the offseason and instill into him what he requires in professionalism , game management and conditioning . He has the attributes to consistently be the star man above and beyond this level but I fear he’s in danger of stagnating which would be a shame with his natural ability . He’s got to be in the best shape and clued up to use that ability to control games for us - which he should do week in week out . Not knocking him , but it’s frustrating I 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Let's not forget, Doran was at Wigan where they would of instilled this into him! He should know by now what it takes especially being Captain! 

4 hours ago, town2018 said:

Why would you want to keep a player who has been injured for that past season it’s showed that with fieldhouse and Litherland this year 

So you can guarantee this new player to replace miller will stay fit for the season, I would get yourself a lottery ticket as well while your at it marra

23 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

So you can guarantee this new player to replace miller will stay fit for the season, I would get yourself a lottery ticket as well while your at it marra

No but all I’m saying let’s try something new there’s young locals out there who could make the step up yous are all wanting out this league but happy to keep best part off the team that have been in this league for how long now that’s my point 

But cutting Elliot isn’t gonna improve you , only give you even less strike than we have . A fit Elliot , let’s be honest , is a big majority of it . Of all the players you could argue about losing to move forward I’d have him right at  the back of the queue . We’re at the basement level , you’ll simply get no one better than him . He’s one of the few who’s better than this and losing guys like him kicked away the ladder up which we trying to progress . Give him a chance to bounce back (again ) , there is literally zero logic in losing your few prize assets . Adding to them is the key 

16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

But cutting Elliot isn’t gonna improve you , only give you even less strike than we have . A fit Elliot , let’s be honest , is a big majority of it . Of all the players you could argue about losing to move forward I’d have him right at  the back of the queue . We’re at the basement level , you’ll simply get no one better than him . He’s one of the few who’s better than this and losing guys like him kicked away the ladder up which we trying to progress . Give him a chance to bounce back (again ) , there is literally zero logic in losing your few prize assets . Adding to them is the key 

Hopefully someone has been keeping a eye out over the local teams throughout the season, not sure if the club actually has any scouts, and only a few carl games left for the season and WBH final NCL game in the play offs is this Saturday.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

A fit Elliot I would keep everyday off the week but just think it’s bigger risk keeping knowing his past injuries than signing some1 young n fresh 

2 hours ago, JMB said:

Hopefully someone has been keeping a eye out over the local teams throughout the season, not sure if the club actually has any scouts, and only a few carl games left for the season and WBH final NCL game in the play offs is this Saturday.

Was a good game on Saturday Distington v elbra there's a few Distington lads town have missed out on over the years would walk in that team this year but most are wrong side of 30 now and not interested there's a few young elbra lads look like handfuls is anyone watching them. Think they only watch Barrow teams

Guest Drop the dead Donkey
10 hours ago, Brookie said:

Just been on the Barrow forum, and according to hate the rec Perry Singleton could be going to them. No mention on here

Signed for Town  two years 2018

4 hours ago, Town5 said:

Was a good game on Saturday Distington v elbra there's a few Distington lads town have missed out on over the years would walk in that team this year but most are wrong side of 30 now and not interested there's a few young elbra lads look like handfuls is anyone watching them. Think they only watch Barrow teams

Missed out on, or won't have a go? 

Big difference 

5 hours ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Missed out on, or won't have a go? 

Big difference 

Yeah missed out on a few year back why would they bother now. they maybe have one or two seasons left playing so why try it now when they are winning leagues and enjoying there rugby with there mates. Would you change that? 

Archived