2020 Signings

Townster1

55 minutes ago, Town5 said:

Yeah missed out on a few year back why would they bother now. they maybe have one or two seasons left playing so why try it now when they are winning leagues and enjoying there rugby with there mates. Would you change that? 

I've seen distington quite a few times and couldn't really think of any that would step up and make a huge impact really, bri richie had a go done nowt and he's probably the best forward on his day, the standard dis play is way down on what the champions of div1 used to be...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, anok4u said:

I've seen distington quite a few times and couldn't really think of any that would step up and make a huge impact really, bri richie had a go done nowt and he's probably the best forward on his day, the standard dis play is way down on what the champions of div1 used to be...

I disagree the standard between towns league and disingtons league isn't a huge jump anymore biggest jump is fitness look at disingtons challenge cup games! . And we could of had likes of a bri Ritchie in the squad probably give his all fit young lad but we have the likes of olstrum brilliant on his day but how many days do we get out of him? 

Guest Townareonfire

Personally i dont think any signings will make a difference, i think our problems lie within our recent boardroom additions half way through the season they clearly havent worked. Travelling to teams away with 13 bare numbers for two years consecutively is poor. Board room out

15 minutes ago, Guest Townareonfire said:

Personally i dont think any signings will make a difference, i think our problems lie within our recent boardroom additions half way through the season they clearly havent worked. Travelling to teams away with 13 bare numbers for two years consecutively is poor. Board room out

But the people you seem to be blaming have only been in position for half a season so why don't we give them a chance to build something better for next season?

You say . . . "our problems lie within our recent boardroom additions half way through the season" . . . . . How were they supposed to prevent us travelling with bare numbers last year??  ??#clown

12 hours ago, Guest Townareonfire said:

Ok I'll play along. Specifically which board members do you mean? Why has it clearly not worked, and how have they contributed to the size of the squad?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

13 hours ago, Town5 said:

I disagree the standard between towns league and disingtons league isn't a huge jump anymore biggest jump is fitness look at disingtons challenge cup games! . And we could of had likes of a bri Ritchie in the squad probably give his all fit young lad but we have the likes of olstrum brilliant on his day but how many days do we get out of him? 

Bigger gap than you may think, especially pace

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

confirm Talking of amateurs i watched the game again last night and Tyler Lancaster looks a handy player . Wingers are a priority to go with our quality centres.

2 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Ok I'll play along. Specifically which board members do you mean? Why has it clearly not worked, and how have they contributed to the size of the squad?

Are the  following individuals actually on the BOD, Les Smallwood, Malcolm Allison, Gary McFarland, Les Ashe, Barry White, Craig Barker, Gary Murdock, Graeme Peers and Kerry Harrison Craig Barker and Barry Scholey.

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Are the  following individuals actually on the BOD, Les Smallwood, Malcolm Allison, Gary McFarland, Les Ashe, Barry White, Craig Barker, Gary Murdock, Graeme Peers and Kerry Harrison Craig Barker and Barry Scholey.

Why are you asking me ? ?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Not sure where the BOD come into any arguments about squad size? We've been decimated by injuries this season and had 3 or 4 other lads not feature for various reasons. We would have had 17 if O'Donnell & Curwen weren't injured the week before, tickle wasn't banned and Rooke showed up. Hows that their doing?

This board have overseen an upturn in average attendance, improvements to the playing surface at DP, improvement in social media, upturn in club merchandise sales, secured CT on a 3 year deal. Not sure what more fans could ask for!

Its been said many times before that they are always on the look out for more pairs of hands to share the work load. Get on board!

2 hours ago, JMB said:

There's only one Craig Barker........hey, could be a good fans song that....altogether now.....'there's only one Craig Barker'....(a top Townie)..

Injuries happen , but we also have in recent seasons players who come n go or disappear and you often never know or hear where the heck they’ve gone and it’s just question marks . That’s frustrating for fans who pay their cash . Either way , other sides don’t seem to have these recurring issues so it’s got to change for us to get anywhere .

8 hours ago, JMB said:

Didn’t you also used to be involved at the club? JMB?

23 minutes ago, Townie987 said:

Sure? Think you might be wrong...

I'm not wrong, and guarantee you I've never been on the bod or an official in any other way at the club,

2 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

So what point are you trying to make, I'm not following this.... 

I was just wanting to know who were the bod members were, that's all, no  agenda.

13 minutes ago, JMB said:

I was just wanting to know who were the bod members were, that's all, no  agenda.

I believe the board is Les Smallwood, Malcolm Allison, Barry White, Graeme Peers, Gary Murdock, Kerry Harrison and Craig Barker.

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

12 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

I believe the board is Les Smallwood, Malcolm Allison, Barry White, Graeme Peers, Gary Murdock, Kerry Harrison and Craig Barker.

Ta pal,

Archived