Little York - can they do it?

2 hours ago, RSN said:

I think it'll be better for the club if they stay in the Championship next season. They've won some new fans over who are more likely to go watch a winning side. Keep building and if they can get average to a consistent 3 or 4k it will be the right time to make the jump and hopefully can compete with the lower end of SL to be a sustainable club. 

Not certain they would think that way at all.  The Coach and the Players want it. 

Parky wants it.  Leneghan wants it.

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Not certain they would think that way at all.  The Coach and the Players want it. 

Parky wants it.  Leneghan wants it.

But we do not have the money......yet , and our Chairman will not spend money he does not have. Two years down the line possibly , but what do I know , I tipped them to finish 10th. ?

If things go certain ways York could go

Game 1 win in France

Game 2 lose in Toronto

Game 3 win in France ...again

Game 4 final in Toronto....

That would be brutal on the part timers...but I guess that's how the play offs go this year!

It should just be celebrated that York are in the playoffs. What they did this year is amazing and this game could easily be a final. Out of the 5 in the playoffs Toronto, Toulouse and York are the teams to watch and cheer for. I naturally hope that Toronto go up but I'm torn for the game between York and Toulouse. I think Toulouse will edge them but it's a game where I'm ok with whoever wins so long as they play great rugby.

Fev vs. Leigh is a cheer for Fev because DJB is a d-bag, totally different view of that game.

51 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

But we do not have the money......yet , and our Chairman will not spend money he does not have. Two years down the line possibly , but what do I know , I tipped them to finish 10th. ?

Yeah, I forecast 6th with a guy at work.  Amazing really.

Another knock on I hope happens is that York amateur clubs start to flourish again.

58 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Another knock on I hope happens is that York amateur clubs start to flourish again.

Acorn just won promotion to the premier and Heworth are in the play-offs first season back in the NCL. Some great work going on with the Knights and amateur clubs and it'll only get better.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

23 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Acorn just won promotion to the premier and Heworth are in the play-offs first season back in the NCL. Some great work going on with the Knights and amateur clubs and it'll only get better.

On that point, what are the Earswick like now?  Used to be quite a few teams but not much of standard.

Is Little York the team Little Rob Burrow plays for these days?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

York have done well to finish 3rd but from what i've seen there is very little between them Leigh and Fev.

I think Toulouse are a step up and then Toronto probably another step up as you would expect for the two full time sides.

Can't really see past those 2 in the final and i've got a feeling Toulouse will spring a surprise.

I hope Toronto go up as they really shouldn't be in this league with their resources.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

5 hours ago, SL17 said:

You carry so much hatred for Leigh. Yet have no reason to why.

lol really?

Now I see Leigh and DJB as one and the same so maybe that's unfair but whatever. DJB has been a d-bag since we got into the Champ last year, he deserves to lose and lose badly. If he leaves Leigh and starts a Wankchester D-bags team with Dr. K my feelings will shift from Leigh to his new team...so it's not Leigh necessarily...just DJB's team.

But you guys played dirty as hell last weekend and I'm sure a bunch of that is tone from the top. McCrone had a beautiful moment when he scored a try and then gave the ball to the defender he just knocked on his back, was almost as good as Kay's shush from last years season opener vs. Leigh's parachute super team.

I guess I should be saying thanks for the great memories?

Anyways...here's hoping to a massive thumping at the hands of Fev. after all DJB doesn't wan't to travel anymore right?

On 12/09/2019 at 10:21, tuutaisrambo said:

York have done well to finish 3rd but from what i've seen there is very little between them Leigh and Fev.

I think Toulouse are a step up and then Toronto probably another step up as you would expect for the two full time sides.

Can't really see past those 2 in the final and i've got a feeling Toulouse will spring a surprise.

I hope Toronto go up as they really shouldn't be in this league with their resources.

I think most in the league if they don't have ambitions themselves this year want Toronto up and out of the league. London is a bit easier to get too! When York played Toulouse we could have and should have beaten them on both occasions but popped up with errors in cruitial moments in difficult conditions. We were too far away from Toronto at their place but did well 1st game of the season. Leigh we absolutely smashed them both times by 1 point, for me those were the games where we have shown ourselves to be good. It remains to be seen if we can do it again, against Leigh in a playoff game at Bootham but time will tell

Archived