Lucas Walshaw

Ramboy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ramboy said:

Seems Lucas is the first to leave and take the short trip to the dark side..sorry to see him go.

Indeed. Even less cover at centre now?

Will he follow in Bretherton's footsteps?

I did notice that Dale Morton made a point of coming over to the South Stand and shaking hands with a few people - is this ominous?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Blind side johnny said:

I did notice that Dale Morton made a point of coming over to the South Stand and shaking hands with a few people - is this ominous?

I think it is, also Iggy was saying a lot goodbyes,a lot of hard work ahead to build a squad for next year.

21 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I did hear someone ask Dale if he was staying ..... he shrugged his shoulders as if to imply he didn't know!

I'd take all thre and give you Everett. Wouldn't mind Speakman, Coolie knows why ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

I'd take all thre and give you Everett. Wouldn't mind Speakman, Coolie knows why ?

Get your hands off speakman

He's not going anywhere lol 

We need our end of season coffee to review the season that was... 

Glad it's finished.. And you'll be the same too I imagine lol

13 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I did have a word with Dale in bar after game,he did say he’d love to stay but he’s been offered less so it looks like he’s on his way out.

So long as some other club is prepared to pay more, that is.

Not wishing to lump all of the players together but, considering that we have had an unsuccessful season (lost 17 league games!) then hoping to get an increase in pay, as some have done, is a touch unrealistic.

In the Championship as a whole, as I have said previously, there are going to be quite a few disappointed players this close season.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

20 hours ago, Ramboy said:

I think it is, also Iggy was saying a lot goodbyes,a lot of hard work ahead to build a squad for next year.

But is Lee Greenwood the man to do it. I have very serious doubts. All our decent players seem to be leaving to be replaced by Championship 1 players. Its like we are preparing for relegation even before this season is totally finished.

New coaches have to be given a couple of seasons assuming relegation is avoided. I think we made the right choice appointing Diskin for example but he should have left end of last season tbh. Greenwood is in a similar position, he has to show improvement, avoiding relegation if he is to continue beyond 2020

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Can't really see that happening tbh. We have got worse as the season has gone on. I think we are lucky its over because if the season had of gone on for 2 more games we would have been relegated without doubt. we should be building a team around the more established players rather than letting them go to other clubs. 

1 hour ago, scally said:

Can't really see that happening tbh. We have got worse as the season has gone on. I think we are lucky its over because if the season had of gone on for 2 more games we would have been relegated without doubt. we should be building a team around the more established players rather than letting them go to other clubs. 

The "more established players" have taken part in our 17 league defeats this season.

You were criticising LG earlier until we started to get some wins; I trust that this is nothing personal.

I think next season will be Lee Greenwood’s make or break season as a coach. It should be the season he should be judged on as he will have recruited his own players and had a full pre-season with them.

However if as rumoured he will have to do it on a lesser budget than this year. Progress for me will be finishing above the likes of Batley, Swinton,Whitehaven and the other promoted team (whoever that maybe) and not getting a-holed by the other “bigger” teams.

Off the field it would be good if we could get new investment from somewhere. It’s disappointing if the new money from Bradford isn’t resulting in an increased playing budget for next year!!

However I’d imagine not many Derek Beaumont type characters around Dewsbury with a few quid to throw at it. Or indeed whether a shared ownership of the club would be welcomed by Mark Sawyer.

rambo.gif

The part that concerns me is that even when we had a settled team towards the end of the season, overall they underperformed in many games. A good coach makes a team better than the sum of its individual talents. Whilst defensively we weren't too bad, our attack esp near the line just looked uncoordinated for the most part. 

And LG won't have much money to recruit.

4 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I think next season will be Lee Greenwood’s make or break season as a coach. It should be the season he should be judged on as he will have recruited his own players and had a full pre-season with them.

However if as rumoured he will have to do it on a lesser budget than this year. Progress for me will be finishing above the likes of Batley, Swinton,Whitehaven and the other promoted team (whoever that maybe) and not getting a-holed by the other “bigger” teams.

Off the field it would be good if we could get new investment from somewhere. It’s disappointing if the new money from Bradford isn’t resulting in an increased playing budget for next year!!

However I’d imagine not many Derek Beaumont type characters around Dewsbury with a few quid to throw at it. Or indeed whether a shared ownership of the club would be welcomed by Mark Sawyer.

Maybe Mark Sawyer isn't counting on Bradford coming as tenants until the deal is signed.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Well we can always get Diskin if Lee Greenwood fails can't we ?

19 hours ago, Rambo said:

I think that "make or break" is very harsh. I know that survival isn't exactly aspirational or exciting but, in reality, it had to be our basic onjective in 2019 and in that he succeeded. He has said himself that just coaching for survival wouldn't satisfy his ambitions so expect him to be his own fiercest critic.

The secret is in building a team, not recruiting stars, and getting that team to play as a unit with communal belief and determination, coupled with whatever skills they might have. This is LG's opportunity to do that without any fans finger-wagging before the season has even got close.

Coolie, as a Bulldog even I wouldn't wish MD on you...I reckon we'll have Morton and Igbedenion and.you'll have couple in return. Just waiting for Craig Lingard to get round them all.

14 hours ago, phildog said:

Coolie, as a Bulldog even I wouldn't wish MD on you...I reckon we'll have Morton and Igbedenion and.you'll have couple in return. Just waiting for Craig Lingard to get round them all.

I wished MD on Batley... 

And look how that turned out

Satisfactorily satisfied I'd say

3 season's of pure excitement for any Rams fan... 

Dale Morton great lad and has been a good servant and if he wants to go, or should I say for more money that's up to Dale.. I'd rather he would stay.. But if he goes good luck to the lad and wish him the best of luck for the future. 

Iggy... 

Poor training attendance 

Poor discipline 

Hot head

Unable to follow game management 

Liability 

Easier to wind up than Joel farrell 

Fantastic signing for Batley I'd say

Well another dreadful season.A lot of our best players have gone over the  past few years.

Sorry to see Lucas go,but to go to Batley,what a mistake to make Lucas.Dale has been a very good servant,but an average player.

Iggi.has something extra.Its up to the coach to sort out his minor faults. Our coach hasn't improved the team.

All season,one man rugby,no backing up, up your jumper stuff.

If Bradford are here next season i hope their fans turn up in their thousands.for our sake as well as theirs.

IF the ground is full it will have a great atmosphere and good to see. 

29 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Well another dreadful season.A lot of our best players have gone over the  past few years.

Sorry to see Lucas go,but to go to Batley,what a mistake to make Lucas.Dale has been a very good servant,but an average player.

Iggi.has something extra.Its up to the coach to sort out his minor faults. Our coach hasn't improved the team.

If Bradford are here next season i hope their fans turn up in their thousands.for our sake as well as theirs.

29 minutes ago, silcoates said:

I thought it was just me.  :kolobok_resent:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived