Diskin leaves

doggystyle

8 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

As an outsider looking in I think it was inevitable that there was going to be a parting of ways,maybe it should have happened sooner.I don’t think anyone was ever going to match what John Kear did as that was punching way above your weight and I do not mean any disrespect.

Now if I was a Batley fan I think my choice if they could prise him from St Helens would be Richard Marshall.

One coach Batley can keep their hands off is Stuart Littler.He is staying put at Swinton Lions soon to be rebranded on the field Manchester Lions.

Tbh pal I don’t think there’d be many fans this side of the Pennines that would want Stuart Littler ?

5 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Tbh pal I don’t think there’d be many fans this side of the Pennines that would want Stuart Littler ?

C'mon Graham, anybody would think you know who Batley want and don't want. Players and Coaches now.??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

• 4 weeks later...

Arrogance unprofessional seemed to promote a split locker room. That's a few attributes I'd keep for amateur Saturday afternoons in the pennine league

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

27 minutes ago, thebull13 said:

Go for Naylor. Worked wonders over the last 7 years at Oldham with a shocking budget. Gets the best out of players. Would be great for Batley. 

Sorry but think you've missed something here. Batley appointed Craig Lingard as head coach a couple of weeks ago. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

I notice that Matt Diskin is doing a 500 miles cycle ride this month to raise money for the Archie Bruce appeal.  That seems to me to be a hell of a thing to do.

It was time for a change, that's for sure, but perhaps we should lay off of the character assassination .

54 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

It was time for a change, that's for sure, but perhaps we should lay off of the character assassination .

someone asked our opinion....going a charity ride does not necessarily make you a good coach....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

1 hour ago, thebull13 said:

Go for Naylor. Worked wonders over the last 7 years at Oldham with a shocking budget. Gets the best out of players. Would be great for Batley. 

Yes he did. We'll miss him. If he ends up at batley, you'll be blessed. He can make a team tick on sod all. Absolute brilliant coach. 

3 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Yes he did. We'll miss him. If he ends up at batley, you'll be blessed. He can make a team tick on sod all. Absolute brilliant coach. 

we have a new coach....Craig Lingard..

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Naylor's supposed to be going to Salford , as an Oldham fan he did ok with very little financial support,  in his seven seasons we only spent two in the Championship so although he goes on a high his record is ok.

However the rugby we've been served up as in the whole been pretty difficult to watch , he is the Tony Pulis of League 1 , I genuinely thank him for his effort which is 100% but am happy for a change ....... to Diskin ..... time will tell !!

12 hours ago, FailsworthYed said:

What was so bad about him guys? He's our new coach replacing Nobby. Oldham fan

At our level coaches seem to work at different clubs. Look at Karl Harrison, loved by us but not so loved by the time he left Fax. 

Diskin made a few mistakes with us early on that he never really recovered from, one example being isolating himself from the fans. This created a big gap between the two where as we'd always been used a coach who was the centre of the club (in Harrison and Kear) that pulled everyone together.

He probably learnt a massive amount from his spell with us so you'd like to think he'll take the learnings to you.

34 minutes ago, bulldogs17 said:

At our level coaches seem to work at different clubs. Look at Karl Harrison, loved by us but not so loved by the time he left Fax. 

Diskin made a few mistakes with us early on that he never really recovered from, one example being isolating himself from the fans. This created a big gap between the two where as we'd always been used a coach who was the centre of the club (in Harrison and Kear) that pulled everyone together.

He probably learnt a massive amount from his spell with us so you'd like to think he'll take the learnings to you.

This. He made mistakes, there's no denying it but we were his first proper coaching job and if he's learnt from them, then I wish him the best of luck. As do many others, based on the FB posts. 

Archived