Sun 15 Sept: League 1 Qualifying Play-off: Newcastle Thunder v Doncaster KO 2.30pm (OurLeague App)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Newcastle Thunder
    • Doncaster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/09/19 at 13:30

Just now, JonM said:

Not a fan of the sinbinned player then having a go at the player he's just injured when he's left the pitch.

They spoke to each other, but it didn't look much like "having a go".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, JonM said:

There was a bit of hand in the face going on as well.

Fair enough; I'm following the Ashes on the radio, with this on TV, so I have been distracted on occasion and missed some things.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thunder using the inside ball running back into the play-the-ball area a lot - wonder whether Simon Finnigan has identified this as a problem area for Doncaster? Doesn't seem to be paying off though.

Watson Boas has impressed so far.

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Only saw that high shot on the replays at half time...................did it come up off the shoulder, which maybe why he only saw yellow? Was difficult to tell from the replay

The intent to do damage looked pretty clear where ever  it landed 

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I think my doritos have been spiked, I just saw a weird cartoon......

That was up on Twitter a few days ago, and also appeared at HT in today's under-16 international.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, EssexRL said:

The intent to do damage looked pretty clear where ever  it landed 

Most defenders will intend to stick the attackers on their backside.

I'd just like a closer look before making judgement as it looked to me that it might have slid up off his arms, which would probably make a sin bin the correct decision

Very committed display from Donny. Ran themselves into the ground defensively. Challenged EVERYTHING. Tackles from Tali and Bower attest to that. 2 excellent centres with the ball in hand incidentally. It's been nice to see us go about our business without any real pressure. It's given Rangi time too. Donny are a pleasure to watch at the moment

Plus side was his replacement (Matty Chrimes) got the winning try. Fuming after the decision. Could have broke his neck. I really don't give a fk that he's "normally not that sort of player". Our lad could have been seriously injured and will now miss the next game while he gets away scott free and may well play against us again. Absolute ###### hole

That tackle was a red card all day. It was disgusting.

Not sure who the Newcastle no14 is either, but I'm glad he got penalised for his sh**housery. Celebrating a player getting injured is pretty low, but actually physically rubbing it in too is not needed in our game.

Really wanted Newcastle to win this, but glad they didn't after things like this. Hope they can sort it out next week against Worky.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 15/09/2019 at 16:44, Rob Nash said:

Plus side was his replacement (Matty Chrimes) got the winning try. Fuming after the decision. Could have broke his neck. I really don't give a fk that he's "normally not that sort of player". Our lad could have been seriously injured and will now miss the next game while he gets away scott free and may well play against us again. Absolute ###### hole

Up on a grade D charge so probably not.

Archived