Sun 15 Sept: Championship - Elimination Play-off: Leigh Centurions v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/09/19 at 17:30

Will the 18:30 Kick Off on a Sunday night put a lot off going?

Fev always bring a good following to the LSV,  but they are not usually expecting to be getting home around 22:30 on a Sunday night, indeed a lot of Leigh people I have spoke to say the televised version of watching the game may be more appealing, especially as season tickets do not cover this game, I would be surprised if there isn't a big drop in the attendance of the crowd this fixture usually attracts.

PS, LeytherRob how are the ticket sales going?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I hate to say 'we told you so...'

There has been more than one game this season where he has been the difference between winning and losing for Fev, and we were struggling badly at half back until he signed for us..

Fev finished one point ahead of Bradford, which meant Fev made the play-offs and Bradford didn't.

I'm not sure "we told you so" is quite the appropriate comment from a Bradford fan right now...

Which club would be most able to give Super League a go, in terms of facilities, squad and financially I mean? This season has been great at the bottom so would either be in a reasonable position to give other teams a run for their money and keep the relegation race going? I’m not trying to be patronising btw, as a mainly armchair fan I’d just prefer whoever comes up to be in the mix so we have another season like this one. 

On 13/09/2019 at 08:13, Harry Stottle said:

Fev always bring a good following to the LSV,  but they are not usually expecting to be getting home around 22:30 on a Sunday night, indeed a lot of Leigh people I have spoke to say the televised version of watching the game may be more appealing, especially as season tickets do not cover this game, I would be surprised if there isn't a big drop in the attendance of the crowd this fixture usually attracts.

Unfortunately I believe we'll see plenty of Leythers opting for beer rather than a ticket to the game , Televised Games eh , don't you just love them ? ?

23 hours ago, Eddie said:

Which club would be most able to give Super League a go, in terms of facilities, squad and financially I mean? This season has been great at the bottom so would either be in a reasonable position to give other teams a run for their money and keep the relegation race going? I’m not trying to be patronising btw, as a mainly armchair fan I’d just prefer whoever comes up to be in the mix so we have another season like this one. 

Good point Eddie but it looks like your question got lost in all the vitriol being posted on this thread. 

I'd say they are about the same in terms of being able to have a crack at SL.

Both have got better facilities than some SL grounds, both are of similar playing standard currently and both have passionate and loyal support. Financially we know Leigh have had their issues and if they try to buy success at the top table then they will be heading for another fall. The London model seems to be they way to approach it.

They are also small towns surrounded by much bigger clubs and are unlikely to be able to hold their own should one of them get promoted. The Broncos have done so this year but it's an exception to the rule. This sort of season rarely happens in RL and that's why it's been so exciting this year. 

On 13/09/2019 at 08:13, Harry Stottle said:

Think you might be confusing me with someone else Harry, unless you're asking if I have a ticket. In which case i can confidently state there are at least 2 tickets sold for tonight.

Archived