Sun 15 Sept: Championship - Elimination Play-off: Leigh Centurions v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/09/19 at 17:30

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

You mean they didn't reach the necessary criteria

no back then there was no criteria that came in when clubs got funding

FEV   had won the league  a couple of times  but in their  wisdom the rfl thought young lads would be better suited to play and learn in an super greed  environment so all champs sides had  to disband

11 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Yet London and Newcastle run them

because unlike FEV there's no super league sides close to them for their local lads to go to

In all fairness fev don't need an acadamy, they get all those benefits supplied by Leeds. Fev are playing within the rules and exploiting the resources Leeds supply. Fev should not be penalised for this, they have broken no rules and should be promoted.

If anyone needs to shoulder any blame it should be the architects of the dual reg system.

55 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Their lack of Academy and reliance on Leeds for DR.................as you say, it's probably immaterial

Clubs outside of Super League have academies  - just as some clubs in Super League do not have acadmies.

It seems clubs with academies receive 100k from the RFL

2g - https://www.rugby-league.com/article/39145/rfl-statement-professional-rugby-league-club-in-bradford

Dunno what the gradings are - https://www.rugby-league.com/article/50872/record-number-of-academies-rated-as-outstanding      

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 minutes ago, POR said:

no back then there was no criteria that came in when clubs got funding

FEV   had won the league  a couple of times  but in their  wisdom the rfl thought young lads would be better suited to play and learn in an super greed  environment so all champs sides had  to disband

because unlike FEV there's no super league sides close to them for their local lads to go to

If the cap fits........

4 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

In all fairness fev don't need an acadamy, they get all those benefits supplied by Leeds. Fev are playing within the rules and exploiting the resources Leeds supply. Fev should not be penalised for this, they have broken no rules and should be promoted.

If anyone needs to shoulder any blame it should be the architects of the dual reg system.

When the reserves returns next year, where do you think these Leeds juniors will go?

Thought we were outstanding today especially the forwards who gave the half backs so much room to play. 

A bit early to talk about winning the playoffs but sure are going to enjoy the ride.

One last thing well done to the officials today thought they got most decisions right and really let the game flow.

Fev would be a good bet to make the final now. York are beatable and Toulouse will have had a tough trip to Toronto.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

38 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I get it now, you just want Fev to go up so Wakey can get an easy 4 points and avoid going down next year ?

I would not deny that such a scenario would give me great pleasure.

But I feel fev are good enough to win promotion, they have not broken any rules and have exploited their circumstances to their maximum advantage.  I don't see why they should step aside for anyone so someone less deserving can get a free pass to SL

34 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Best team won ,which is what is supposed to happen , the Fev 'Ultras ' the young lads stripping off had a good night , no trouble as far as I know 

Best of luc at York , may the best team on the night win

You guys did pretty good this year from where you were starting off from.

1 hour ago, CanadianRugger said:

Bye bye Leigh.  I guess that epic plan of slaying Toronto Wolfpack didn't pan out ?

Well played Fev, hope we get to play you in the playoffs!

Yes, this is the best outcome. Leigh won't have to worry about all of the travel they were petulantly complaining about. 

1 minute ago, ojx said:

Yes, this is the best outcome. Leigh won't have to worry about all of the travel they were petulantly complaining about. 

Well at least they won't be put out anymore...we all know how hard the travel was for them....if you didn't know about it they would just tell ya; most of the time without you even asking!

Imagine an Away win in the play-off’s and you’re just going on about how you wouldn’t be allowed promotion despite no actual facts to back that up? 

That’s so very Rugby League. No enjoying your win, no talking up the performers on the night or the coach, no looking ahead to the next game, no excitement at the prospect of promotion, just the same old negative rubbish. 

Archived