Sun 15 Sept: Championship - Elimination Play-off: Leigh Centurions v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/09/19 at 17:30

53 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You can be such a tart at times K'man, someone blows you a kiss and you stand there flashing your eyelids at them!

Don't think you can get around them that way with sweet words they will be a coming to roll you over in the final, don't say I didn't warn you.

Ohhh Harry you are so romantic...let our little darlings from Fev make their way across the pond to Lamport....it will just be a big love in from us......THEN WE WILL BREAK THEIR HEARTS!!!!!!

REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

But if Leeds are paying a young fringe 1st teamer £2.5k per month, and Fev come along and say we will pay you £1.5k per month for a 6 month loan, pretty sure they'll send the player to fev rather than the reserves......

They can do that, but would they ?

Leeds have to field a reserve team every round from next year so would they risk leaving themselves short of players and a sanction from the RFL if they send players out on loan to Fev ? Plus if they send them out on loan they cant recall them whenever they want to cover for injuries like they can with DR.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

5 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I reckon more.......but I'd like to hear OO's total.

still waiting for this OO assessment.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's OK if one is an armchair fan, the attendance at the LSV was somewhat down on what would be expected of this fixture had it been played at the normal time of 3:00 pm I would have expected 1500 more inside the ground, most of the Fev fan's would not have been arriving home till well past 10 o'clock most likely 11 o'clock on a Sunday Night that's not good, and becayse it was televised that took away those who coukd excersize the second option of sitting at home or in the pub, like Thursday nights, this Kick Off time on Sunday's would get the wrath of a club's proper fans in a short time.

Yes agree it will affect attendance in the ground, altho I remember when the Bulls played 6pm Sunday evenings as their ‘home KO time’ and it worked well in the early SL days. 

I guess you have to balance the loss in spectators vs. TV audience and what that can bring in revenue to decide if its worth it.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

9 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

And how many was that?

9 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I reckon more.......but I'd like to hear OO's total.

3 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

still waiting for this OO assessment.

Very impatient aren’t you!  

In answer to your questions, I don’t know how many they had ... but it felt like I recognised names I associated with Leeds when watching the game ... McLelland, Sutcliffe, Walters, Golding, Albert ... you both may tell me these aren’t all Leeds players anymore as I sense you know the real answer but for some reason have taken offence at my post!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

48 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Very impatient aren’t you!  

In answer to your question, I don’t know how many they had ... but it felt like I recognised names I associated with Leeds when watching the game ... McLelland, Sutcliffe, Walters, Golding, Albert ... you may tell me these aren’t all Leeds players anymore as I sense you know the real answer but for some reason have taken offence at my post!

Seemed like a(nother) snide DR jibe... Apologies if not.

Answer is 4: Golding, Sutcliffe, McLelland and Albert.

So did anyone else take the bookies for 2/1 straight fev win. Derek had to recruit as we haven't had DR for weeks now. Duffy picks the team and got it wrong again. Fev showed our lack of quality in the pack and McNally makes everything tick from the back. Great season for us, wholesale changes before November and we will be having a real pop at it next year as a mainly FT club with TW in the league above

19 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Seemed like a(nother) snide DR jibe... Apologies if not.

Answer is 4: Golding, Sutcliffe, McLelland and Albert.

All of which are effectively season long loans from whatever point we brought them in, which is why it's worked so well. DR doesn't work when it's players coming in for a week for match fitness. It does work when they integrate into the team which these lads have as you can see by their attitude and enthusiasm in things like the victory song and try celebrations.

Fev actually pay for this DR arrangement too which many people forget. As I understand it, Fev pay Leeds a decent sum of money each year in return for a pick of non-selected players at Leeds. Obviously Leeds have first pick but the 5 regulars (these 4 plus Briscoe) weren't going to get a game at Leeds unless there were injuries, so Fev could integrate them properly into the squad. A good arrangement all round and much better approach than having Brett Ferres for a week then Parcell for a week etc.

3736-mipm.gif

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

All of which are effectively season long loans from whatever point we brought them in, which is why it's worked so well. DR doesn't work when it's players coming in for a week for match fitness. It does work when they integrate into the team which these lads have as you can see by their attitude and enthusiasm in things like the victory song and try celebrations.

Fev actually pay for this DR arrangement too which many people forget. As I understand it, Fev pay Leeds a decent sum of money each year in return for a pick of non-selected players at Leeds. Obviously Leeds have first pick but the 5 regulars (these 4 plus Briscoe) weren't going to get a game at Leeds unless there were injuries, so Fev could integrate them properly into the squad. A good arrangement all round and much better approach than having Brett Ferres for a week then Parcell for a week etc.

No complaints from us about your D/R's'Tex'. One of the reasons we made the top 5, was the young D/R's we got from Saints - all of them played really well for us. Our problem came when Saints gradually took them back (they all had good spells in Saints first team) to ensure squad depth for the play-offs. Suddenly that rich source of players dried up, and we had to bring players in. Unfortunately they didn't match up to the Saints' lads, probably upset team spirit, and you saw the result on Sunday. (and we HAVE been playing like that for weeks now)

I guess your masterstroke was partnering with Leeds - a team with absolutely no chance of making the play-offs, who wouldn't want to take them back for squad cover!??

2 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Then they would be classed as Loans not DR, Luke Douglas has been a season long lone from St Helens which it clearly states in the match squad selections, all the other lads that have 'guested' from Saints are clearly described as DR.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Then they would be classed as Loans not DR, Luke Douglas has been a season long lone from St Helens which it clearly states in the match squad selections, all the other lads that have 'guested' from Saints are clearly described as DR.

Albert is definitely a loan, not DR, with a recall clause after 28 days, although I'd be very surprised if Leeds exercised that option now.

15 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well it is being said at the ground that Mr Beaumont was as bemused as the fan's were with some of the selections.

Of course, never his fault.

Leigh have had a good season overall, but I something has changed in the last 2 months for there season to drop off.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

On 15/09/2019 at 15:21, burnleywelsh said:

What a cracking game........but.......what really spoiled it for me was.........all those lines on the pitch...........loads of empty seats..........lack of away fans...........?.

lack of away fans ?? to be expected 18.30 ko on a Sunday you watch York this Sat for the true Rovers away support we will lift the roof

20 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You maybe missed the part (and point) where I said 'effectively' loans. i.e. very little chance of them being called back to Leeds and every chance they would remain at Fev as long as required, which is what has happened apart from with Briscoe. The way to make DR effective. Douglas was a good move for Leigh, he's had a good season.

3736-mipm.gif

2 hours ago, IMXIII said:

I thought Gareth Hewer had a good game, let it flow and didn't fall for the histrionics at the play the ball; well, apart from on one occasion in the second half. I was expecting a more bad tempered game.

Yep credit where it's due.  Good game from Mr Hewer.  A much improved referee.  I used to dread a game with him in charge, but this season he's been superb in the games I've seen, both as a fan and a neutral.  

Archived