Sun 15 Sept: Championship - Elimination Play-off: Leigh Centurions v Featherstone Rovers KO 6.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/09/19 at 17:30

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think barring a drastic upturn  in for for us that Fev will win this one. Our season has been tailing off for a few weeks now with some questionable team selections and I've not seen anything to suggest that will change. Cant complain too much though, from where we were last year I'd have taken 5th in a heartbeat. Definitely need some investment on the wing for next year rather than just getting every available halfback.

Very tough game last saturday for Fev who gave everything and ultimately came up short, thanks in no small part to an 'Interesting' performance by the referee.

Looks like Ormandroyd is banned and King went off injured so a lot rests on his fitness. 

Looks like Leigh had a rest over in Toronto having seen the Fev result so they should be the fresher side.

50/50 game really.......hope it isn't ruined by the Ref or any idiots in the stands.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Think Leigh will edge this. Two similar quality teams who have had two close games this season. Home advantage to be the difference and Leigh win by 4.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

8 minutes ago, AlanE said:

Fair to say that McDermott has 'history' with Leigh too, from his Leeds days. I'm not saying leigh were blameless, because I didn't see the game, But it sometimes takes 'two to tango.'

From the stands you couldn't see if Leigh was playing to injure. There was one biff after Jake Emmitt (yellow, 2 match ban)- Ashton Simms incident (in result Gadwin Springer got yellow for throwing a punch at Emmitt). Clearly coaching staff had better view/feel of the game details.

10 hours ago, krakauer said:

From the stands you couldn't see if Leigh was playing to injure. There was one biff after Jake Emmitt (yellow, 2 match ban)- Ashton Simms incident (in result Gadwin Springer got yellow for throwing a punch at Emmitt). Clearly coaching staff had better view/feel of the game details.

Fair enough. By the way, Jake didn't pick up a ban for that incident - he got it for standing on someone. (McDermott didn't mention that, in his tirade!)

4 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Chissy is class for us but tends to have a quiet game if he gets a bump early on.So it is up to Fev defenders to get into Browns face.Looking forward to the game but fear we will come up short.

Chissy is a good player, but tend to have brain farts.  Like the long pass to no one at Dewsbury, and the needless holding down at York.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

6 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Chissy is class for us but tends to have a quiet game if he gets a bump early on.So it is up to Fev defenders to get into Browns face.Looking forward to the game but fear we will come up short.

His defence is awful. How many tries does he cost sprinting out of the line or trying for an intercept? Cost us the game at York and did the same thing against Toulouse. He's a maverick player that you have to balance the creativity with the ridiculous at times. Ryan didn't sound happy after the Toulouse game and I think it was pretty obvious who he was referring to. Hopefully that gives him the motivation to stick to the plan defensively at least because he will be targeted.

3736-mipm.gif

Key for us will be having Higson and Sau available, and that we don't let heart rule head in some key positions. Personally I would like to see us line up McNally, Higson, Sau, Thornley, Forsyth, Brown, Brierley - Douglas Hood Brooks Patterson Thompson Cator Subs T Adamson Clarke Reynolds Spencer

14 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Key for us will be having Higson and Sau available, and that we don't let heart rule head in some key positions. Personally I would like to see us line up McNally, Higson, Sau, Thornley, Forsyth, Brown, Brierley - Douglas Hood Brooks Patterson Thompson Cator Subs T Adamson Clarke Reynolds Spencer

Interesting Sweaty, no Riddy or Micky Higham in your team, can't say I am in disagreement I can why Riddy is not being retained for next season but should we lose through missed goal kicks I should imagine some of his devoted fans will be upset, Again with Micky glad for his sake he is finishing this term, but he is still good for half an hour of intense contribution, start with Liam and play Micky 15 mins either side of half time then Liam again sounds good to me.

If Fev get a fair shake from the ref, then there's a chance.  If the ref performs like Sunday's we've no chance.  I'm not that keen on Hewer, so I reckon Leigh will win.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

20 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

His defence is awful. How many tries does he cost sprinting out of the line or trying for an intercept? Cost us the game at York and did the same thing against Toulouse. He's a maverick player that you have to balance the creativity with the ridiculous at times. Ryan didn't sound happy after the Toulouse game and I think it was pretty obvious who he was referring to. Hopefully that gives him the motivation to stick to the plan defensively at least because he will be targeted.

Yes Chisholm is the very epitome of the word "mercurial", espeically in defence, he does dash out of the line a lot and has cost us some tries as you mention but equally from memory he has scored interception tries against York, Bradford, Leigh and Toulouse.

A few Fev fans have had the odd moan about him lately but there's a reason he's playing in the Championship, if he were able to produce his absolute best week in week out he'd start at lots of SL teams. At Championship level the positives definitely outweigh the negatives for me - he's been League Express man of the match in 8 of his 17 games for us, has scored 14 tries and it's no coincidence that Day and Sutcliffe have scored loads of tries down that left flank since he came into the team.

I thought Carr's comments about individuals doing things not in the game plan after the Toulouse game probably referred more to the two off-loads deep in our own territory that led to tries, though one of those was indeed by Chisholm.

Personally I'm glad on balance he's lining up for us rather than against us.

15 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yes Chisholm is the very epitome of the word "mercurial", espeically in defence, he does dash out of the line a lot and has cost us some tries as you mention but equally from memory he has scored interception tries against York, Bradford, Leigh and Toulouse.

A few Fev fans have had the odd moan about him lately but there's a reason he's playing in the Championship, if he were able to produce his absolute best week in week out he'd start at lots of SL teams. At Championship level the positives definitely outweigh the negatives for me - he's been League Express man of the match in 8 of his 17 games for us, has scored 14 tries and it's no coincidence that Day and Sutcliffe have scored loads of tries down that left flank since he came into the team.

I thought Carr's comments about individuals doing things not in the game plan after the Toulouse game probably referred more to the two off-loads deep in our own territory that led to tries, though one of those was indeed by Chisholm.

Personally I'm glad on balance he's lining up for us rather than against us.

Yeah, I'm not saying he isn't effective, he clearly is but some of his defensive efforts are just lazy or selfish. That's something that's easily fixable and is purely an attitude thing. I kind of don't mind the passes going into touch, the offloads or a wayward kick when he's trying something creative in attack, that's the trade off.

Defending isn't the time to do something maverick, just stick to the plan. You can do individual things in attack not defence, if you don't defend as a unit you're done. Hopefully he can defend a little more selflessly this week, if he does and he is on song with the ball we have a chance.

3736-mipm.gif

20 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Yeah, I'm not saying he isn't effective, he clearly is but some of his defensive efforts are just lazy or selfish. That's something that's easily fixable and is purely an attitude thing. I kind of don't mind the passes going into touch, the offloads or a wayward kick when he's trying something creative in attack, that's the trade off.

Defending isn't the time to do something maverick, just stick to the plan. You can do individual things in attack not defence, if you don't defend as a unit you're done. Hopefully he can defend a little more selflessly this week, if he does and he is on song with the ball we have a chance.

Yeah, maybe that kind of thing is why he never got on with Kear at Bradford. It's a difficult one because he is clearly very adept with interceptions and when it comes off off he can go the distance. The one at home against Leigh arguably made the difference between winning and losing, and if so in the long run that made the difference between finishing 5th or 6th.

When Thackeray came to us he had a reputation for being a serial intercept attempter but that soon disappeared (perhaps under Jon Sharp's stern gaze). Not sure whether Chisholm is the type to change his style for anyone though.

On 11/09/2019 at 09:47, sentoffagain2 said:

Chissy is class for us but tends to have a quiet game if he gets a bump early on.

On 11/09/2019 at 14:01, Trojan said:

Chissy is a good player, but tend to have brain farts.  

I hate to say 'we told you so...'

9 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I hate to say 'we told you so...'

To be fair he's won a lot more games than he's lost for us and I don't think anyone was under any illusion about what we were getting. He's not really a Cooper Cronk style half is he and if you're going to have him in the team you need to accept the brain farts!

3736-mipm.gif

Archived