Fri 13 Sept: SL: Wakefield Trinity v London Broncos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My oh my what a game this should be. Wakefield have some form back but the Broncos on a high. If the broncos can hold out wakey for 20-30 minutes I can see them winning, could go to golden point. I'm sitting on the fence here.

Hoping for a London win. Looking forward to the drive up on Friday afternoon! The first away game i've travelled to in quite a few years!

Come on London, looking for Butler to lead our pack around the field.

Does anyone know what injuries Wakefield have? I read a report that mentioned Kirmond had to go off injured mid-way through the first half last week, is he likely to be playing?

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

My oh my what a game this should be. Wakefield have some form back but the Broncos on a high. If the broncos can hold out wakey for 20-30 minutes I can see them winning, could go to golden point. I'm sitting on the fence here.

Edit Faffed it up. Ignore me

39 minutes ago, bangersandmash said:

Any pubs in London showing this or is that too much to ask?

I know there is a pub in London Bridge that a bunch of London supporters usually meet up at. There was quite a few last Friday, with videos of them celebrating. Can't recall what the pubs name is though unfortunately.

I said weeks back it would come down to this one game and I'm sticking with my guns and saying a London win, despite what seems like an improved Wakey performance against Warrington. IF Wakey lose that would be 17 losses out the last 19 I think, just a horrible run for the middle and back end when they were doing alright early in the season.

If London do pull this off then it should go down as one of the most amazing stories in RL, that they beat Toronto last season in the million pound game was an astounding performance in itself, that they've kept themselves in it right to the death is beyond pretty much all but the most optimistic.

It's going to be harsh on whoever no matter the result so good luck to all teams, whilst my angst re my own clubs performances has really put me off going, I can be grateful that we aren't going into the last game of the season needing a win to stay up because we would be fubar'd and I couldn't see us beating London or wakey quite honestly.

I have a bad feeling that London are going to take this and fair play to them if they do. Hoping for a Salford win to save us but also would love to see Salford win at OT, the story this season has been brilliant even though its killed me as a wakey fan, it has been a great season for the neutrals barring Saints running away with it. 

51630401.jpg

47 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Id love London to stay up but Wakefield are a tough team and last weekend must have taken something out of London

Sadly, im going for Wakefield by a few in a bit of a damp squib. I hope im wrong. 

Do you not think the Warrington game will have taken a lot out of Wakefield? They really wanted to win that one and the performance (apparently) was improved, it's the same effort for both teams, I don't think there is any advantage, in fact at home there is more pressure on Wakefield IMHO.

Statistically London seem doomed at Wakefield…

Going back to Feb 2008 London have never won away at Wakey (no games 2015 - 2018).  In 2019 Wakey have won 1 of their last 5 home games but 6 of their 14 home games.  London have won 2 of their last away games but only won 4 out of their 14 away games.

However… London will win in a 21-20 golden point thriller with Hudds going down on points difference with a 20pt loss to Catalans and Hull KR remaining with a narrow 6pt loss loss to Salford.  In my dreams….

18 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Possibly. Though I think it might have similarly taken a lot of our Wakefield physically and mentally, I think it will have taken a lot out of London emotionally. 

Though who knows. One think London have done fantastically this year is land punches in bunches. They score 1 and they look to score 2 or 3 in quick succession. Even in games they have looked out of they have managed to cause a few nervous moments and pick up a few points they otherwise wouldn't have done. 

If they can do that early to get themselves a 2 or 3 score lead against Wakefield, or do it late and get themselves within a score coming back, there will be a lot of pressure on wakefield in that stadium. 

Sorry but that makes no sense at all, why has it, London won, they are brimming with confidence, they certainly aren't emotionally drained, and certainly not more so than Wakefield. Wakey are on a horrendously bad run and put everything into last week to beat Warrington because by doing so it would have meant no matter what they'd be safe (barring London putting an unreachable amount of points on them)/

Of the two teams Wakefield are emotionally weaker/more susceptible than London, in any case I don't think emotion comes into it, you haven't got time, you have to play what's in front of you, hence why I said it doesn't mater when you play, whether that's the Friday first or the Sunday last. You can only play to the maximum that you can, people saying that you are geed up more or are affected by the result is nonsense and ignores human psychology, if you're constantly thinking of what another team are doing/have done then you're not a decent pro at what you do, you are weak and lack focus to the task in front of you to put in your max effort, as you should do week in week out..

People think having games on different days changes things, the actuality is that it doesn't really matter, you are under pressure knowing the result and you are under the same amount of pressure playing when the other game is going on or if you have to score and win by as many points if you play first, there is no psychological difference despite what Wellsy said previously. As I said, you can only perform to your maximum, you cannot exceed this and if you're not already geed up to do your best then I suppose that means you're not going to do it in any other game either because you're weak minded.

Archived