Fri 13 Sept: SL: Wakefield Trinity v London Broncos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/19 at 18:45

5 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

There are 3 teams in Wakefiekd  2 in Hull, 2 in Wigan. Several in Leeds.

It's perhaps worth remembering that there are several football clubs in Glasgow.  Indeed football in scotland is centred around the M8 Corridor!

That's a good point.

Also in Scotland teams often aren't called the same name as the town or city they play. 

The name itself becomes the brand such as Hearts or Hibs. There is an Edinburgh City team but they get tiny crowds and hardly anyone has heard of them. A name doesn't necessarily guarantee interest. 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Niels said:

If I remember correctly they didnt attempt to avoid finishing bottom because they was not how relegation was decided. 

They recruited for the plays offs I think. 

They had to play the system that was there. Whoever finished bottom was irrelevant.

Actually that's one of the things I really admire about them, they are very adaptable at survival.

Whilst Webster came out and blatantly said we were concentrating on the middle 8's quite early on in the season, the team was attrocious and had it been straight relegation they still would've finished bottom. 

Archived