Fri 13 Sept: SL: Wakefield Trinity v London Broncos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • London Broncos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/19 at 18:45

I can't wait for this one. Really hope it's in doubt until very late in the game to maximise the drama of the last night of regular SL games.

London have shown real resilience to win games they were expected to lose, Saints' weakened teams excepted of course.

The live action coverage of this game promises to be the most interrupted ever, with slightly delayed tries being shown from Salford and Huddersfield.

Really excited and, for the record, I think Wakey will prevail, nicking it near the end in heartbreaking fashion for the Broncos.

Wakey 18 London 16.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RFL will want Wakey to win because they have bigger crowds than London and Wakefield is a Rugby League town.

The neutrals will want London to win as most hate visiting that dump called Belle Vue and they know that despite the promises Wakey are never going to move to a new ground or revamp Belle Vue.

In my opinion the ref will decide who wins this game with the 50/50 calls.

12 hours ago, Konkrete said:

Call it drivel if you like but the stats don’t lie. My opinion, which may well be drivel, is that currently London in SL contribute more to our game than Trinity in SL.  If you disagree then tell us why, outside of your own fan base, the reverse is true.

"Currently"???  Last 20 years but not last 4.???

I really don't want to get into a dick measuring contest with a  bitter Bulls fan or do club v club.  On a stand alone basis, Wakey "currently contribute" at all levels of RL.   

Scholarship, Academy, Reserve, Disability, Womens, Dream Team reps, Young Player awards,  Rookie awards, GB/England reps, Knights reps, Academy reps, link up with overseas teams, community/schools etc etc .

BTW Trinity is still a moniker associated with Rugby League throughout the world. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

19 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

"Currently"???  Last 20 years but not last 4.???

I really don't want to get into a dick measuring contest with a  bitter Bulls fan or do club v club.  On a stand alone basis, Wakey "currently contribute" at all levels of RL.   

Scholarship, Academy, Reserve, Disability, Womens, Dream Team reps, Young Player awards,  Rookie awards, GB/England reps, Knights reps, Academy reps, link up with overseas teams, community/schools etc etc .

BTW Trinity is still a moniker associated with Rugby League throughout the world. 

Fair comment.

But I'm sure you'd agree that the way professional RL is structured in this country it pretty much lives or dies by it's TV deal. There is a very important one coming up shortly, and it's all about money.  We've already seen the SL effectively breakaway from the RFL, and it is them (Elstone) who will be negotiating that new deal.  If Elstone is contemplating a return to licencing to get the clubs he wants in order to secure the same/greater income, then of course clubs will be compared against each other.  So it's not really a dick measuring contest, it's a serious point.  Wakefield, like all other clubs, will have to stand on their record and, in someone's opinion their future potential to help expand revenues for SL.  All teams will be compared just like they were in the nineties when the like of Fev and Keighley were sacrificed on the alter of TV money.

In my opinion London would be seen to be preferred on that criteria.  Might be wrong.

This isn't about Bradford.  We're a Champ 1 basket case.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

1 hour ago, Konkrete said:

All teams will be compared just like they were in the nineties when the like of Fev and Keighley were sacrificed on the alter of TV money.

As were Salford, Hull FC, Wakefield and Widnes.  All who have fought their way back up during the following years.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

19 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

You may well be correct, and if you are, what hope do the small to mid sized towns of St Helen's, Wigan and Warrington have ?

Well it seems they are 3 of the biggest teams with big crowds, i don't recall any of them mentioned in the mergers and Iam not having a go at any team but it certainly seems to me and others that SKY and the RL only want certain teams. 

Have tickets & going up to the game, but can’t leave London until 3.30pm so it will be tight - fingers crossed for traffic.

Is there parking near the ground?

If the gods of traffic play silly buggers & I try the train instead - what are transport links from the 2 Wakefield stations to the ground? (Or are cabs the best & in good supply on a game night?)

Cheers

2 hours ago, dead man inc said:

Have tickets & going up to the game, but can’t leave London until 3.30pm so it will be tight - fingers crossed for traffic.

Is there parking near the ground?

If the gods of traffic play silly buggers & I try the train instead - what are transport links from the 2 Wakefield stations to the ground? (Or are cabs the best & in good supply on a game night?)

Cheers

Plenty of trains from London to Wakefield Westgate Station with loads of taxis always waiting outside.  Wakefield kirkgate is closer to the ground (10 min walk) but don’t know if many London trains stop there.

2 hours ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Plenty of trains from London to Wakefield Westgate Station with loads of taxis always waiting outside.  Wakefield kirkgate is closer to the ground (10 min walk) but don’t know if many London trains stop there.

Cheers, train booked (£ouch!) To kirkgate - any recommended pubs on way to ground?

2 minutes ago, dead man inc said:

Cheers, train booked (£ouch!) To kitkgate - any recommended pubs on way to ground?

How much time you got?

Nip over to Fernandez Tap for a quality beer (2 mins towards the city centre). Back towards the ground then is Grey Horse ( old man's pub). Then over the bridge to Ruddy Duck (modern over-priced ######).  Then up Doncaster Road to the Conservative club, then the ground itself.

If you are early enough to pop into the city centre (5 mins), there are some really quality establishments.

What time do you arrive?

4 minutes ago, dead man inc said:

‘If’ ?the underground has no delays & doesn't scupper the whole trip before it starts, I should get to Kirkgate station 6.26 pm so should be able to squeeze a couple of beers in on way to ground. 

Head straight to the ground and go in the Rollin Shack! (The bar which is part of the ground).

On the topic of contriving a draw, I can't see it happening because it could only ever be useful to London.

For one point to make a difference to London, it means HKR and/or Hudds have already lost which means Trin are already safe on points difference. 

There will be 10 to 15 minutes play left at BV when the other results are known (sky games are always longer). 

If one, or both, of the other clubs has lost then a London win will keep both them & Trin in SL. (Assuming they don't win by 80+ points). 

Archived