Fri 13 Sept: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Salford will win this by a couple of scores.

My only concern is our winning streak. All winning streaks come to an end sooner or later and I don't want us to finish 4th or 5th and our winning streak come to an end next week. I know I'm over thinking this, but I'm not used to being in this position. Perhaps I've got altitude sickness? ?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Salford will want to confirm their top 3 place so I reckon it's a win for them as they have been excellent and HKR just not so, has those dirty feckers Tomkins and Masoe been given game bans for their disgusting actions from last w/e?

Just checked, EDIT Masoe not charged or even mentioned for his disgraceful acts against London, just wow! Masoe's swinging arm to smash Elliot Kear is totally ignored and Tomkins equally disgusting multiple punches  on top of the dirty out house swinging arm when he got bumped off and also the constant back chatting which he' been up for twice already this season and he gets a one match ban, utter joke!

The RFL are an utter disgrace and the match commissioner must be be blind as a bat, why even bother when they are going to be ignorant of players acting in a dangerous/reckless manner ffs!

Here you go, Masoe's swinging arm direct contact to the head of Elliot Kear, no intention to tackle, only to hurt his opponent, that's why Kear staggered and could barely get up, MM is dirty grub of a player!

Masoe.JPG

5 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

It's not showing on the RFL page just now, doh, it' only showing the previous weekends incidents, I didn't look at the date properly.?

Says more about the rfl though. Now well into Tuesday evening and there website way out of date. Total bunch of inept wasters.

6 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

It's not showing on the RFL page just now, doh, it' only showing the previous weekends incidents, I didn't look at the date properly.?

That's the kind of thing I usually do ?. Mose is always looking for the big hit rather than focussing on the tackle and knocked out his own player as a result.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Rover said:

That's the kind of thing I usually do ?. Mose is always looking for the big hit rather than focussing on the tackle and knocked out his own player as a result.

The one on kear was in the second half, I heard/read he'd smacked one of his own, he's reckless and dangerous and yet the RFL haven't even cited him have they?

Can't see Rovers winning this, being without Tompkins is probably a plus for them i.e. penalty wise but they seem to crumble when the pressure is on, need a serious rebuild whatever happens to them, and I think Smith knows this, but SKD is surely not the answer ?

Despite receiving a boost of Joel Tomkins being banned, this is still a tough task for Hull KR, especially as Salford still have plenty to play for to finish as high as they can. I reckon that by 60 minutes a lot of Hull KR fans may be more interested in what's happening in Wakefield!

On 10/09/2019 at 19:19, Agbrigg said:

Says more about the rfl though. Now well into Tuesday evening and there website way out of date. Total bunch of inept wasters.

Hull KR's appeal against Tomkins' ban was heard late on Tuesday so the RFL may have removed the initial disciplinary findings until the outcome of that was decided. Certainly they had published the one match ban info on Monday. The decision to increase his ban was published on Tuesday evening, shortly after your rather critical post.

So, although it perhaps doesn't happen very often, they look like they got it right in this case and I would say you owe them an apology.

So there.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Salford by about 20 points.

That said, I’m not a KR fan but really want them to win this one and stay up. Having a struggling team that can regularly pull in 8,000 fans in a decent looking ground (ie not a 20% full soulless bowl or absolute dump) and also SL’s only cross town derby is a massive asset to the competition, much more so than any of the other three teams in danger. 

On 10/09/2019 at 22:04, Davo5 said:

Salford too strong comfortable win by 12 points.

Plausible. Will Salford tighten up and/ or Rovers be able to play with a bit of freedom? 

My understanding is that Salford have to win by 14 points difference more than Wire have to (?) to finish 3rd. They would have had that option at the start of the day. And Wigan would have been eased to see them there.

Archived